Ford Focus Flub

mlhm5

Europe gets this and even Mexico, of all places gets it to.

car_photo_219406_5.jpg

While we here in the USA, we get this

fcs08_pg_200_ext_lg.jpg

To make the Focus a respected machine within the young buyer, hip, world you must have a sporty edition. Ford has a real problem reaching the younger buyer but just adding SYNC isn't going to cut it. Who told Ford that hatchbacks don't sell? How about a hybrid Focus in the Euro skin?

Ford makes good-looking cars for European customers. Why can't it just do the same for American customers?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make the Focus a respected machine within the young buyer, hip, world you must have a sporty edition. Ford has a real problem reaching the younger buyer but just adding SYNC isn't going to cut it. Who told Ford that hatchbacks don't sell?

Maybe the next Focus, which will be here in 2 years, might have something, but unlikely. The change to a 2.5 and a 6-speed should make the Focus coupe sporty enough for the market it's aimed at.

Why? Because people don't buy C-size hatchbacks in the US; they buy them in Canada, but the market's only 1/10 the size. That might change, but until now, C-size hatchbacks are a niche market, like VW.

Now, B-size is a different market, and the Fiesta will have a hatch available.

...until now, C-size hatchbacks are a niche market, like VW.

...and Volvo. A Ford Euro Focus hatch is now basically available, with a different decal. This really isn't a valid complaint. If someone wants one, they can research it, and pay for it. If the next Mondeo's a smash here then maybe...

How's that Civic and Cobalt hatchback selling?

Someone gets my point. :)

Really though, I would love to see what the current best-selling compact hatch (i.e. ruling out Fit, Yaris, Aveo, Versa, and the like) is. I bet it's Mazda3 or VW Rabbit. If it's the Caliber ("don't call it a hatchback" :rolleyes:), I may cry.

Europe gets this and even Mexico, of all places gets it to.

car_photo_219406_5.jpg

While we here in the USA, we get this

fcs08_pg_200_ext_lg.jpg

To make the Focus a respected machine within the young buyer, hip, world you must have a sporty edition. Ford has a real problem reaching the younger buyer but just adding SYNC isn't going to cut it. Who told Ford that hatchbacks don't sell? How about a hybrid Focus in the Euro skin?

Ford makes good-looking cars for European customers. Why can't it just do the same for American customers?

That's a good looking hatchback, and I usually don't like hatchbacks.

You mentioned a hybrid Focus in Euro skin. The new global Focus will be here in a few short years, the 08 was just a stop-gap until then. The good looking cars are coming....patience is required....and if you don't wanna wait, I suggest you go post your anti-Ford rants on some other forum, because I'm getting tired of it.

Maybe the next Focus, which will be here in 2 years, might have something, but unlikely. The change to a 2.5 and a 6-speed should make the Focus coupe sporty enough for the market it's aimed at.

Why? Because people don't buy C-size hatchbacks in the US; they buy them in Canada, but the market's only 1/10 the size. That might change, but until now, C-size hatchbacks are a niche market, like VW.

Now, B-size is a different market, and the Fiesta will have a hatch available.

Yea, people don't buy C size hatchbacks in the US, keep on dreaming..

Edited by Blueblood

Maybe, but remember the original Civic? I'm thinking of the one they sold in 76-77.

It was available as a 2dr hatch and a 2dr trunk. Even on a car that small, a lot of people still wanted a trunk. Go figure.

You guys sure do go to great legnths to spread propaganda for Ford, who the fuck wants a goofy looking mini trunk on a C car??

And people want sedan Mini Coopers too!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Yeah... how's that Corolla hatchback selling?

how is that Focus coupe selling? I have yet to see one on the streets.

The Focus's retail success is do to the market for small cars growing and sync. don't take this the wrong way, the car is good the best focus since 2000 but how many sales could we gained with the hatchbacks, which Were always near 100% retail.

how high would focus retails sales have been if we would have kept the hatches and wagon.

lets imagine on 2010 when We have C2 and we are not just building the focus but also the C-max, Volvo, and any other thing based on C2. what needs to be done to remain flexible and productive?

The Focus's retail success is do to the market for small cars growing and sync. don't take this the wrong way, the car is good the best focus since 2000 but how many sales could we gained with the hatchbacks, which Were always near 100% retail.

how high would focus retails sales have been if we would have kept the hatches and wagon.

lets imagine on 2010 when We have C2 and we are not just building the focus but also the C-max, Volvo, and any other thing based on C2. what needs to be done to remain flexible and productive?

Ford were the top the No1 Fleet Car rentall/fleet seller in Europe you are talking shit again. That's why FOE are making big profits. When Ford sold Hertz had had a worldwide fleet of 500,000 cars/spares that today could have all been Ford cars to build and replace every couple of years. Hertz also started to make a $ Billions in profits after Ford sold them which would now be helping out Ford's bottom line profits today. Who made the losses at Ford in 2007 FOE No1 Fleet car supply company or FOA we don't do fleet cars?

FOE No1 Fleet/Rentall car supply company in Europe 2007.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/story/?nID=46101

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I've seen a few Focus coupes out... not nearly as many as the sedan, but that's to be expected.

I don't disagree with you about the Focus hatch, but it's not like the car is a complete flop without them.