Farley retools Flex marketing strategy

silvrsvt

Should be interesting how this one works out....though I do have to say I really like the Flex, but I have zero need for one at the moment

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...03851/1530/FREE

good job...no need to advertise the obvious....features are a given or there to be seen first hand...why advertise what is blatantly obvious?....witness the "success" of advertising the Taurus and safety...seems to me that was a given and wasted airtime...they sould have been better of advertising the Taurus's OTHER attributes.....

"You can't not want to be noticed when you drive down the road in a two-tone vehicle with really cool grooves down the side."

I can't wait to see some commercials for the Flex. It's an amazing looking vehicle. It will definitly be Ford's next BIG product. There's no doubt I'm ordering one as soon as my wife gets to drive it. This car is all my son talks about (shares this account with me) and even posted like 40 pictures of it on his bedroom walls. haha! And damn its a nice crossover!

Loved the one posted reader comment:

"Good Luck Ford in getting people without families to even look at this thing. I'm sure it gets fabulous gas mileage (NOT), and is as rewarding to drive as say a Civic Coupe (NOT). Why would anyone that didn't need the room this new fangled, Mazda platformed, P0S provides even care about it? It has a nice interior? What is that, all cars - especially ones that hope to top out around the $40K mark SHOULD have a nice interior.

Ford should either go belly up already, or sell out to some Equity Group (like Chrysler), or just pull out of the North American Market. I understand that they really do offer nice products for sale on other continents. Too bad we never see any of those."

Comparing it to a Civic coupe?

Mazda platformed?

What a moron. :hysterical:

"Good Luck Ford in getting people without families to even look at this thing. I'm sure it gets fabulous gas mileage (NOT), and is as rewarding to drive as say a Civic Coupe (NOT). Why would anyone that didn't need the room this new fangled, Mazda platformed, P0S provides even care about it? It has a nice interior? What is that, all cars - especially ones that hope to top out around the $40K mark SHOULD have a nice interior.

Ford should either go belly up already, or sell out to some Equity Group (like Chrysler), or just pull out of the North American Market. I understand that they really do offer nice products for sale on other continents. Too bad we never see any of those."

In 2 hours and 45 minutes...I will (for the most part) agree with that.

Good. Then we can go back to not liking you for the old reasons again.

...But until that time...

The Flex will be a sure fire hit. Even if it cost 100K, it would still be under priced. It will turn the automotive world on its head. it will have the best seating, the best power, the best looks, the best outside mirror motors, the best cooling hoses, the best valve stem covers, the best hardware holding the seats down, the best battery inside the key fob, the best speaker wire, the best grooves down the side, the best light-bulbs in the dome lights, the best glue holding on the letters on the outside of the vehicle, the best washer fluid cap, the best air in the tires, the best mounting location for the battery, the best exhaust system rubber insulators, the best seek button, and the best fuel filler neck

I fail to see what is SOO horrible with this vehicle. It finally has the feature content right, can be used for whatever and to me has distinctive styling. I found it amusing how someone went on and on about the CRV, yet need they be reminded about how god awful those things look.

If it were a Honda you best believe everyone would be lining up to pay ADM for these things.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

I fail to see what is SOO horrible with this vehicle. It finally has the feature content right, can be used for whatever and to me has distinctive styling. I found it amusing how someone went on and on about the CRV, yet need they be reminded about how god awful those things look.

If it were a Honda you best believe everyone would be lining up to pay ADM for these things.

P just doesn't like square "boxish" vehicles in which ALL look like XB's and is a self proclaimed judge of what is desirable and what isn't, seems he finds it hard to curb his dis-dain/ schitzo admiration, which curdles into anger management/ schitzo raises glasses for a toast, sarcasm/ schitzo unbridled admiration, and worthless dribble/ schitzo corny schtick...hopefully he will be back to "normal" upon my return from a two week sabatical. For what it is worth, I personally think the Flex will exceed Fords expectations....I also beleive they will doctor availability to keep in line with demand rather than flood the market...thus creating an ongoing customer base.....

This is a very attractive vehicle. I am sure it's going to be a hit. Unfortunately, I have a concern.

Ford has a gaping hole between the Flex/Edge/Taurus X and the Expedition. Is there anything on the horizon that will fill it?

good point, but in reality what did...Explorer?

This is a very attractive vehicle. I am sure it's going to be a hit. Unfortunately, I have a concern.

Ford has a gaping hole between the Flex/Edge/Taurus X and the Expedition. Is there anything on the horizon that will fill it?

Isn't an all new Explorer coming in a couple of years? Right now the Explorer is the vehicle that fits that hole so I assume in the future it will be.

Um the new Explorer

Lets keep in mind that the vast majorty of current Explorer owners don't tow anything anyways

Where in my previous statement did I say anything about towing? I was wondering about interior room. The Flex/Edge/Taurus X are basically the same size. If you want anything bigger, you have to go to an Expedition. I am hoping that Ford announces a vehicle soon that fills that hole.

Concerning the "New" Explorer, does anybody have any data on the interior dimensions?

Isn't an all new Explorer coming in a couple of years? Right now the Explorer is the vehicle that fits that hole so I assume in the future it will be.

The interior room of the current Explorer is on par with the three vehicles I mentioned. There hole was created when the Windstar was discontinued.

The interior room of the current Explorer is on par with the three vehicles I mentioned. There hole was created when the Windstar was discontinued.

Flex is bigger in almost all dimensions than the X and Exploerer barring height obviously....would IT not be the vehicle you are talking about?

The Flex is a lot bigger than the Edge.

Not according to the Ford website.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/features/specs/

http://www.fordvehicles.com/flex/

Edge has more shoulder room in both the first and second rows. Head room and hip room is almost identical with the Flex having a slight "edge". The only real difference is the second row leg room.

with the capcity to seat 7 no less...if necessary....

And, just like the rest of Ford's seven seaters, you have to give up just about all of your cargo room to put the third row seat up. The only vehicle that doesn't eat it all up that Ford still offers is the Expedition EL.

Not according to the Ford website.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/edge/features/specs/

http://www.fordvehicles.com/flex/

Edge has more shoulder room in both the first and second rows. Head room and hip room is almost identical with the Flex having a slight "edge". The only real difference is the second row leg room.

come on Pioneer...1.8 inches superiority in the front ( Flex).....8/10ths of an in 2nd row ( Flex ) Hip 1/2 inch better in front Flex, 1.3 LESS in flex 2nd row...what are you trying to bitch about, losing your thighmaster?I dont get it, try and fit 7 in the Edge, different all together...and I would say 2nd row legroom would be the most important dimension as lets face it...most 3rd row seats are only used temporarily anyways.....and the Flex is 4 inches less than the expedition, now slide the middle set forward and the playing field levels quite a bit, Flex is pretty well thought out and IS the Edge Expedition "tweener"...the new Explorer will be the SUV looking alternantive I would say....and if you can still bitch, refer back to a previous session you had where we all chimed " MINiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! "

And, just like the rest of Ford's seven seaters, you have to give up just about all of your cargo room to put the third row seat up. The only vehicle that doesn't eat it all up that Ford still offers is the Expedition EL.

miniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii vannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, is there an echo? come on P, we get it....you don't like fords alternative because your needs are "special".......get a Suburban.....

exactly.....forces you into a LARGE vehicle with consequent less mpg's.......you can'y have your cake and eat it too, if you want 7 -8 people AND their luggage you have no choice BUT to go big.....maybe your answer will/ would be an EL with a 4.4 diesel or smaller ecoboost...who knows.....