Focus CC Black Magic edition

JETSOLVER

Some of the comments seen on various blogs, boards, etc.

"i hate you ford of america"

"Maybe if I could have gotten the Euro Focus ST a while back instead of my '07 GTI I would have. But, I suppose that's like saying "Maybe I would have voted for George W. Bush if he wasn't a complete idiot.""

"This is why the Euro Focus will never come to America. If you want a convertible built on the same chassis, but with a 5 cylinder engine, get the Volvo C-70. Same price, more prestigious name...."

"Maybe the Ford brand would have some prestige of its own if they built and sold well-designed and well-built cars in North America as they do in Europe. The US Focus will wither and die like the old Taurus did because Ford won't invest the money needed to make the car competitive. Their latest half-assed redesign still sucks and consumers with a pulse still aren't buying it and Ford continues to lose money. If they aren't willing to make a car worth buying they might as well axe the thing and stop wasting money on it."

Wonder how this vitriol would translate to a prospective purchaser?

Wonder how this vitriol would translate to a prospective purchaser?

It doesn't...talk is cheap

Just look at all the predications and whatnot that people spout out here...

Saturn is suffering now because it became Opel USA and its not attracting its past customers...

The vast majority of internet noise on european Fords boils down to "I like it but I can't get it here" and if we did, they would find some other reason not too, like it costs too much....

"Maybe the Ford brand would have some prestige of its own if they built and sold well-designed and well-built cars in North America as they do in Europe. The US Focus will wither and die like the old Taurus did because Ford won't invest the money needed to make the car competitive. Their latest half-assed redesign still sucks and consumers with a pulse still aren't buying it and Ford continues to lose money. If they aren't willing to make a car worth buying they might as well axe the thing and stop wasting money on it."

Now there's a voice of reason.

LOL, so because someone on a blog or board is in love with this car(most of which aren't very well versed to begin with) Ford ought to sell them here? Comments regarding the Focus only prove that.

I'm not going to guess how much these things cost, but with exchange rates etc it wouldn't be cheap. Who would spend that much money on a premium priced, compact, joe-schmoe namplate with an under powered 5 cylinder engine? You do the math....

One needn't look far to see why this should NOT be imported. One look at Volvo's C30 sales to figure out why. US buyers won't pay premium dollar for that kind of car unless it has a VW, Lexus, or BMW badge on it. People aren't even paying premium dollar for a $22,000 Volvo - why would you expect them to pay upwards of $25,000 for this Ford?

Edited by SVT_MAN

I guess this an example of your high standards..

Considering the improvements in NVH of the current Focus over the 2K5 re-fresh, and considering the replacement chassis will be even better, and considering the advent of new engines and transmissions — yes, it is an example of high standards.

You, on the other hand, have an attitude problem. :hysterical:

I like the idea of a Focus convertible for the United States, just not the car Europe has right now.

My hope is that the C2 Focus will have a normal 2-door coupe variant with a trunk, from which engineers can design a low-cost soft folding top mechanism. Just a basic 4-seat FWD convertible that gets 30mpg.

Edited by wescoent

What a horror show. Great car, bad roof, and it seems that it's still not fixed. Maybe the Mull should visit the plant.

it looks good..am i going to pay upwards of 25k for a car with a ford badge?....no....will i pay 25k for any car?....no....trucks yes and ford has a good if not damn good truck....gt500 is also nice but the greed set in and no new mustang is worth 10k to 20k adm.....i gave up on new cars in 1990..consider i spent 5500 for a new ranger in 1990....5k for an exp in 1984 and going back to 1972 the old man paid 2k for a 1971 chevy c10 truck (all new)...lately ive been buying used trucks with low to decent miles (<50k) and driving them until they fall apart...with trucks at 30k to 40k it makes since to me to buy a relativly clean low mileage truck and drive it with no payments for 6 or 7 years (may be more)....now if this is a bad recession and new truck deals are upwards of 15k off sticker i may buy new...but i dont want any car/truck payments in this economy...so the rebates will have to be steep to get myself in the showroom floor

just watch the Astra tank ..... (or fail to even lift off) in the US market.. everyone was clamoring for it, but now when it is here, the lack of cup holders or armrest, previously beloved now hated interior, the lack of any measurable advantage over competition - all that will make the Astra into yet another big failure for GM ( remember the GTO?)

as said above - talk is cheap. but most of the people clamoring for EU compacts either do not have the money to buy new at all, or they have enough money to buy a midsize - 99% of America will still go for a good old cheap US compact. Ford will deliver an impressive new US compact in 2011, and it will do well - but all the "Euro or nothing" idiots fail to see the need to "translate" many cars from Europe to US - you can't jsut plop them in here -once again - keep watching the Astra fail miserably.

Igor

Edited by igor

just watch the Astra tank ..... (or fail to even lift off) in the US market.. everyone was clamoring for it, but now when it is here, the lack of cup holders or armrest, previously beloved now hated interior, the lack of any measurable advantage over competition - all that will make the Astra into yet another big failure for GM ( remember the GTO?)

as said above - talk is cheap. but most of the people clamoring for EU compacts either do not have the money to buy new at all, or they have enough money to buy a midsize - 99% of America will still go for a good old cheap US compact. Ford will deliver an impressive new US compact in 2011, and it will do well - but all the "Euro or nothing" idiots fail to see the need to "translate" many cars from Europe to US - you can't jsut plop them in here -once again - keep watching the Astra fail miserably.

Igor

I wholeheartedly agree! :)

You're an ignorant yumpum, too. Ford has a replacement coming, moron.

Well, just as I suspected, those comments BY OTHER PEOPLE (just in case you missed that info, ace), really touched a nerve.

As they well should. The issue isn''t what Ford could or could not sell, its what they DON'T even have to offer for sale.

Kinda hard to call these people yumpum, or moron(they obviously saw that Ford was in big trouble before Ford did, no?) who voted with their wallets. They were a lot more correct about the state of play than an awful lot of highly payed analysts and stock brokers werent they? And they must be automotive people generally or they wouldn't take the time to post on an auto site.

So, what constitutes the yumpums and morons?

Those of the comments against, or those of the comments for?

Or perhaps those who don't comment at all because they will never know what they might be missing?

Edited by JETSOLVER

Kinda hard to call these people yumpum, or moron(they obviously saw that Ford was in big trouble before Ford did, no?) who voted with their wallets. They were a lot more correct about the state of play than an awful lot of highly payed analysts and stock brokers werent they? And they must be automotive people generally or they wouldn't take the time to post on an auto site.

The vast majority of Car buyers who buy cars don't visit car message boards, they use sites like Yahoo Autos and the like to do research on them. I remember reading some place that only 10% of the regisitered users on a forum make up something like 75-90% of the traffic on it.

Just look at this place, we have a core of say 25-40 users here that post nearly every day...25 people out of say 150K Fusion sales or even 400K Camry sales isn't a good cross section of what the market wants and doesn't want. Most people who come to automotive message boards are interested in performance, but the vast majortiy of them are kids who can't afford it.

it looks good..am i going to pay upwards of 25k for a car with a ford badge?....no....will i pay 25k for any car?....no

Guess your buying used since the average cost of a new car is $28K

A new car is second only to a home as the most expensive purchase many consumers make. According to the National Automobile Dealers Association, the average price of a new car sold in the United States is $28,400. That’s why it’s important to know how to make a smart deal

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/autos/aut11.shtm

People have to quit living in the past, hell a 1992 or 93 Mustang GT was only about 14K dollars