2010 Buick LaCross/Invicta

BORG

Nope, just like the Enclave and Camaro, the production car will be almost the same as the concept:

inv2.jpg

1.jpg

w_2010_lacrosse_dc_priddy3.jpg

7087.jpg

Opel sucks ever since Martin Smith left. The last vehicle under his direction was the Vue.

I meant the similarity of the Opel Insignia and the Buick Invicta.

Striking, to the say the least.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that may not be what we will be getting stateside. It looks as if that version might be for the Chinese market (judging from the Chinese script found on the picture. That is of course GM decided to leverage the designs there and bring them stateside.

I think I read an article the other day that said it was designed with both the Chinese and US markets in mind, meaning we'd get it here.

I think it's just tooooooooooo early to make a statement on the MKT. Their seems to be too much to that concept, that just doesn't seem feasible for production. Windshield/roof, dash/center stack, 4 lazy-boy chairs. But I agree with you on the front and rear ends.

I'd assume the roofline, at least toward the rear will be slightly different. The roof will likely feature a more traditional Vista Roof. Now whether it's a 5? small panel design like the Flex or a two large panel design like Edge is debatable. The dash and center stack will be changed. That's the way most concepts are, unless they're almost production ready vehicles conveniently lableled "concepts", much like Mercedes' new GLK. The 4 chairs (which I think should be an option, with rear reclining function) will give way to 6 (or possibly 7) passenger variants.

The front looks nice though. I'm still not 100% sure on the back, but we'll see.

Concept pics released.....reminiscent of the newer Lincoln (whatever letter combo it is, I can never remember), but better IMHO. A more cohesive package .

inv1.jpg

inv2.jpg

inv3.jpg

inv4.jpg

inv5.jpg

inv6.jpg

inv7.jpg

What's more cohesive than 5-series taillights and Saab-esque headlights on a Buick?

May I predict with better than usual confidence that this will be my next car. Just beautiful. I especially love the rear side character line reminiscent of the Buick boattail. If it looks like the concept, it's won't smack of a clone with the Malibu or Aura; it will be of a piece and a landmark Buick.

You mean the Lincoln Forenza?

2009_Lincoln_MKS_028_Auto-Talk_net_.jpg

yeah, no contest. I know which car is more desirable based on the execution alone:

inv3.jpg

inv4.jpg

Makes the MKS look instantly dated from the a-pillar back.

And just like I said, it doesn't look like the Malibu. At all.

From the side profile, it definitely does.

The back looks Toyota-ish.