More Focus good news

Hydro

2008 Ford Focus SES

CNET Rating: 8.1 out of 10 Excellent

With the exceptional Sync system as standard, the all-new Ford Focus SES has one of the highest tech-to-price ratios of any car we've seen.

Price: $16,375.00 - $16,375.00

a nice short review of Focus.

Amongst some good company:

2008 Volvo C30 - CNET Rating: 7.9 out of 10 Very good

2008 Scion xB - CNET Rating: 7.1 out of 10 Very good

2008 Saturn Vue XR - CNET Rating: 8.0 out of 10 Excellent

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - CNET Rating: 7.5 out of 10 Very good

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT - CNET Rating: 7.3 out of 10 Very good

2007 Mini Cooper S - CNET Rating: 9.3 out of 10 Spectacular

Edited by jpd80

There were most definitely some people here saying it was going to flop.

I may have been one, and the styling STILL hasn't grown on me, IMO the sales numbers may be a genuine reflection and retaliation/ anger at the price at the pumps, seriously I am happy at the Focus's success but will throw this curve ball...how do you all think the numbers would be if the styling WAS more Verve like from the get go? and a PS ( just got back from Ireland and the Focus there is fantastic looking as is the Mondeo )

I may have been one, and the styling STILL hasn't grown on me, IMO the sales numbers may be a genuine reflection and retaliation/ anger at the price at the pumps, seriously I am happy at the Focus's success but will throw this curve ball...how do you all think the numbers would be if the styling WAS more Verve like from the get go? and a PS ( just got back from Ireland and the Focus there is fantastic looking as is the Mondeo )

I don't really care for the styling either but then again, that size car doesn't normally appeal to me anyway. The one recent exception is the Verve/Fiesta.

Just got back from Ireland? I'm jealous....

I don't really care for the styling either but then again, that size car doesn't normally appeal to me anyway. The one recent exception is the Verve/Fiesta.

Just got back from Ireland? I'm jealous....

Ireland was cool ( literally...golfed and got snowed on! ) ....have always thought that the good old USA is a few years behind Europe...and now that the pump prices / gouging is prevelent here as well we now seem to be much more open minded to embracing the smaller engined, smaller car that the Euros embraced years ago ( no doubt due to their $10 per gallon approx )....biggest cars I saw were 5 series BMW's with 3.0 diesels no less.....

Ireland was cool ( literally...golfed and got snowed on! ) ....have always thought that the good old USA is a few years behind Europe...and now that the pump prices / gouging is prevelent here as well we now seem to be much more open minded to embracing the smaller engined, smaller car that the Euros embraced years ago ( no doubt due to their $10 per gallon approx )....biggest cars I saw were 5 series BMW's with 3.0 diesels no less.....

Both my wife and I are of Irish descent. Someday we plan on taking a vacation there.

Edited by TomServo92