Ford Chinese Counterfeits

It's the new ‘Fraud’ Kuga... This familiar-looking concept – said to be inspired by Ford’s recently launched compact SUV – makes its public debut at this week’s Beijing Motor Show in China.

Called the NL and built by Geely, it’s one of an amazing 23 new cars being unveiled by domestic firms. Its chunky looks, aggressive nose and rising waistline mean it’s among the most imposing looking vehicles ever created by a Chinese manufacturer.

However, it’s also one of at least three which bear a close resemblance to models from the blue oval. There’s also the Chery Faria, which is inspired by the next Fiesta, and the Focus-rivalling Changan V802.

Auto Express

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...motor_show.html

I think what is so disgusting is how BLATANT they openly copy other designs from around the world. If they were this blatant about copying say software from Microsoft, they would have major lawsuits on their hands.

Something that is interesting is that they copy more AMERICAN designs than designs from other countries. I think that speaks volumes for what the Chinese want. They want American cars.....they want to BE us, but they don't want to be US....can't have that freedom stuff getting in the way. :censored:

Walmart would never let anything Chinese get into their stores then Nick, l just hope they don't start selling cars there.

US CAR market. Consumers will buy Chinese when they can get a product of reasonable quality at a reasonable price. So far, the Chinese haven't demonstrated the ability to build a car of "reasonable quality".

Not to mention as soon as a Chinese company even TRIED to market a copycat vehicle in the US, they'd be hit with more lawsuits than they could imagine. Copyright laws are generally ignored in China, but they definitely are not ignored here.

The Chinese government is the problem here. In order to sell anything in China you have to submit design and manufacturing documentation to the governing body that regulates imports into China. This gives the Chinese everything they need to duplicate your product without having to do any R&D. They just have to build it to the specs and designs they were given. The same goes with manufaturing anything in China. That is why we see knock-off of just about anything that is sold or manufactured in China.

Woo Hoo! My first post!

Edited by SneakyE

The Chinese government is the problem here. In order to sell anything in China you have to submit design and manufacturing documentation to the governing body that regulates imports into China. This gives the Chinese everything they need to duplicate your product without having to do any R&D. They just have to build it to the specs and designs they were given. The same goes with manufaturing anything in China. That is why we see knock-off of just about anything that is sold or manufactured in China.

Woo Hoo! My first post!

First post well done welcome, l noticed you joined in 2007 what took you so long your not an ex British Leyland employee using a Commodore 64?

Hope they don't start knocking up fake copies of the A320

http://english.people.com.cn/200705/16/eng...516_374961.html

Just watch out for T-Stang he is trying to off load a dodgy Triumph Stag thats only running on 3 cylinders.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

C'mon, it's cylinder deactivation!

I know times are hard and gasoline prices are high l can understand deactivating a cylinder might save a few cents. But l have never known any Stag to run on any more than 5 cylinders max. Not unless all Triumph Stag owners are just all a bit careful at opening their wallets, you can normally tell if you go out for a drink with them Moths fly out their wallets when it's their turn to buy a round.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

First post well done welcome, l noticed you joined in 2007 what took you so long your not an ex British Leyland employee using a Commodore 64?

Yeah, I've been a member for a while and have followed these forums for much longer. I guess I'm just not much of a talker (or should that be "poster"). Thanks for the welcome.

If they were this blatant about copying say software from Microsoft, they would have major lawsuits on their hands.

You're joking, right?

link

Microsoft sold over 20 million legal copies of Windows Vista globally in the first month of launch while in China, only 244 licenses of Windows Vista were sold officially in the same period. Most preferred to buy the $1 pirated Vista DVDs.

Actually, The Korean car companies are the ones directly in the Chinese automakers sights.

Kia, Hyundai and even Daewoo will all feel the pinch on their entry level cars and

unless they go upmarket, the Chinese will eat them alive - not now but 2-3 years time.:)

Edited by jpd80

Woo Hoo! My first post!

Very good post! You are correct, and many people do not know this!!!