Codename Coyote

range

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I'm a little confused now...

Aussie built 5.4 4Vs are making those numbers today but suffer in bottom end torque compared to the 6.0 and 6.2 GM V8s.

If Ford fixed up the 4V cam drives so VCT was possible, a huge lift in bottom end torque would happen.

Aussie built 5.4 4Vs are making those numbers today but suffer in bottom end torque compared to the 6.0 and 6.2 GM V8s.

If Ford fixed up the 4V cam drives so VCT was possible, a huge lift in bottom end torque would happen.

Thats where the GDI comes in better low end torque, along with a cooler intake charge allowing higher compression.

Thats where the GDI comes in better low end torque, along with a cooler intake charge allowing higher compression.

That's all well and good but in another thread Blue II said they tested the engine already with DOHC VCT and PFI for 420 hp.

Edited by jpd80

A 5.0L based off the monstrous 5.4 block would be retarded, and the only aluminum block they have for the 5.4 is the expensive GT block. I can't imagine them doing something like that..

From everything I've been reading, I think that the 5.0L is going to be sharing the 8.94" deck height with the 4.6... or at least something close to it. Destroking the 5.4 to 5.0L would make no sense whatsoever, talk about dead weight and wasted space.

I remember reading the 5.0 bore is going to be larger than the 4.6s at roughly 92mm (3.625") and that longer cylinder liners would be incorporated to support a slightly longer stroke, probably something close to a 3.675" stroke if the 92mm bore diameter is accurate.

A 3.625" bore x 3.675" stroke gives us a 5.0L (4972cc) and 303 cid. It also seems like it would still be a very stable setup.

Did I miss something? :boring:

You said:

LLN does a story with months old info and yet they still screw up the numbers... :hysterical:

I then said:

Well, what are the correct numbers then?

Which caused Ford150 to say:

burn.... :hysterical:
Edited by rmc523

I think it is funny they cover up the Mustang badges with black tape as if no one is going to suspect it is a Mustang with them covered up...

Most companies do that. Another example are BMW spy shots: with BMW's signature dual kidney grille, there's really no point in covering up the emblem, but they do anyways.

And that means what exactly? Speak English, not ebonics.. :finger::finger:

do you even know what ebonics is?

if you think his English is ebonics, then you need to get out more, when you see a lifted panther on huge rims....ask them what size they are and what year their car is. :hysterical:

then you will understand how you can't understand ebonics

oh and you get points for such a stupid come back!

ASS AWARD!

And that means what exactly? Speak English, not ebonics.. :finger::finger:

I'll try to explain this in perfect english (even though it already was).....again.

You mentioned the story was written with "months old" info and that they didn't use the correct numbers.

I then asked you what the correct numbers were,

Which caused Ford-150 to say "burn..." because I pointed out that you likely don't know any correct Coyote numbers.

Now, if you have numbers and proof to go along with them, by all means, share them, but if not, you don't have to say they screwed up something that you don't even know the correct figures to.

I hope that english made sense to you.

Edited by rmc523

do you even know what ebonics is?

if you think his English is ebonics, then you need to get out more, when you see a lifted panther on huge rims....ask them what size they are and what year their car is. :hysterical:

then you will understand how you can't understand ebonics

oh and you get points for such a stupid come back!

ASS AWARD!

You're just the type of retarded troll that should be banned, you must be no older than 15.

:finger:

Back on topic...

I guess what's amazing to me is how some folks around here find the new 5.0-liter's output so unfathomable. Most on here would agree that when Ford lets the boys in the powertrain dept. loose, they can match engines with anyone. That being said, 400 hp and 360-400 lb.-ft is entirely possible. A lot of folks on here love to bash Toyota, but look at the 5.0-liter V8 they have created for the Lexus IS-F:

5.0-liters(303 cu. in.) DOHC 32V 416 hp/ 371 lb.-ft.

I certainly think Ford is capable of matching Toyota on that front, especially since Lexus got their 5.0-liter by enlarging guess what?.... Their corporate 4.6-liter V8.

And about those torque numbers: Obviously, 360 is a doable number, but I would think they could achieve around 400, given the fact that Saleen already got 390. That doesn't sound like a wet dream with today's tech...

Back on topic...

I guess what's amazing to me is how some folks around here find the new 5.0-liter's output so unfathomable. Most on here would agree that when Ford lets the boys in the powertrain dept. loose, they can match engines with anyone. That being said, 400 hp and 360-400 lb.-ft is entirely possible. A lot of folks on here love to bash Toyota, but look at the 5.0-liter V8 they have created for the Lexus IS-F:

5.0-liters(303 cu. in.) DOHC 32V 416 hp/ 371 lb.-ft.

I certainly think Ford is capable of matching Toyota on that front, especially since Lexus got their 5.0-liter by enlarging guess what?.... Their corporate 4.6-liter V8.

And about those torque numbers: Obviously, 360 is a doable number, but I would think they could achieve around 400, given the fact that Saleen already got 390. That doesn't sound like a wet dream with today's tech...

but those could be screwed up numbers :rolleyes:

the only way i couldn't see the Mustang's 5.0L matching the Lexus's 5.0L is becuase the Lexus IS-F costs a shit load more than the Mustang GT but I know that those numbers are doable.

Yea you dumbass, you started flinging insults and taking the thread off-topic for no reason, that's what trolls do.

LOL i guess for this one time that I am a troll because i tried to point out your comment that was posted pessimistically, now if I said that this engine was a wast of time and nobody cared then i would be as mush of a troll as you

but i don't consider you a troll....you like Ford....we just don't see eye to eye on many things, so we(or just I) insult each other

Edited by Ford-150

LOL i guess for this one time that I am a troll because i tried to point out your comment that was posted pessimistically, now if I said that this engine was a wast of time and nobody cared then i would be as mush of a troll as you

but i don't consider you a troll....you like Ford....we just don't see eye to eye on many things, so we(or just I) insult each other

Ok....end of argument then? Good, back to topic....

I'll try to explain this in perfect english (even though it already was).....again.

Yet until now you have not explained anything.

You mentioned the story was written with "months old" info and that they didn't use the correct numbers.

Correct.

I then asked you what the correct numbers were,

And before I could answer...

Which caused Ford-150 to say "burn..."

I didn't even get a chance.

because I pointed out that you likely don't know any correct Coyote numbers.

And you'd be wrong, they were discussed in detail in the thread about the 4V 5.0L engine, so nobody here should not know the facts surrounding this engine yet, excuse me for not knowing everybody here hadn't been beaten over the head with them yet. I've been told "details" about the 2010-11 Mustangs by an insider, and I don't think he was lying either since much of that info has been accurate so far. I ran into a Mazda designer last year who told me some things about the 09 M6 that turned out to be spot on, so it can happen if you're at the right place at the right time. Hell I talked to John Colletti years ago at the Knott's Ford show for a long time and learned some very interesting things, stuff you don't read about in magazines.

Now, if you have numbers and proof to go along with them, by all means, share them, but if not, you don't have to say they screwed up something that you don't even know the correct figures to.

There's about a 20 page thread around here somewhere with exact numbers, you've probably got about 70,000 posts in it, do you seriously not remember this huge and recent debate? And proof? Do you think ford mailed out official documents to people? Do you expect me to start naming names so people get fired? I am a Mustang nut, and I got lucky, that's all there is to it, I have no clue what ford is doing on any other project, but I do know some interesting details about the new Mustang. Of course, Ford could change lots between now and 2010, but it's doubtful.

And another thing, throughout the years, nobody has had worse info than car magazines and now car blogs, nobody. They print every wild rumor or many times just stuff they made up to sell magazines, or generate traffic, this is pretty well known. Back in the early 90's Motor Trend ran a little article about how the 94 Mustang was to get a 320 horse 4V 4.6L mod, and it got a 215 horse pushrod 5.0L, they always screw up! Look at this month's Car and Driver, they have a photoshopped Mustang on the cover, and they are claiming it's getting the 6.2, I take everything they say with a grain of salt.

I hope that english made sense to you.

I hope you understand that the word "burn" doesn't mean anything when someone asks about an engine's power numbers.

Edited by Blueblood