The Focus That Should be in the USA

mlhm5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Here's the Focus that should be in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!

z111r.jpg

It would sell way better than the one we've got now!!!!!!!!!!!

What? You want proof? Well, I'm not supplying any proof. My word is sufficient to establish the truth of anything I say. Why? I'm mlhm5 dammit, and I'm right!

By my estimations the Focus ST would retail in the US for approximately $24,000.

The Focus ST is a low volume niche product, a nice car to have but I don't see it as a game changer.

Ford NA needs to stick to its plan, build more volume products and get itself a reputation for smaller quality cars.

Edited by jpd80

No. Here's the Focus that should be in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!

z111r.jpg

It would sell way better than the one we've got now!!!!!!!!!!!

What? You want proof? Well, I'm not supplying any proof. My word is sufficient to establish the truth of anything I say. Why? I'm mlhm5 dammit, and I'm right!

Ford would have been better served marketing the Euro Focus in the USA instead of smaller Fiesta.

Wow! BASE price for a Focus ST is 17500 quid. That's $34206. And that wasn't a base car he was driving.

Ford would have made it in Mexico. That's where they are going to make the smaller Fiesta. Cheap labor, cheap land, no taxes, no unions, no environmental issues, cheap transportation.

Yeah, ok.

Fun fact: Wayne Assembly built 80,000 Focuses last year. They're on pace to build ~300,000 by the end of 08.

In conclusion, WE NEED THE EURO FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

The Euro Focus hatchback could have cut into Honda Civic's sales bigtime, however the Ugly American will not and that's a shame.

The Euro Focus hatchback could have cut into Honda Civic's sales bigtime, however the Ugly American will not and that's a shame.

And I say a Focus that looks like this would sell 150,000,000 cars per year. In North Dakota. To people that operate dude ranches that cater to retired silent movie actors.

lemay_museum61.jpg

And I say a Focus that looks like this would sell 150,000,000 cars per year. In North Dakota. To people that operate dude ranches that cater to retired silent movie actors.

lemay_museum61.jpg

When the people who bought the Focus figure out that the resale value is crap, they won't be buying a second one. Fool me once.

Yeah, ok.

Fun fact: Wayne Assembly built 80,000 Focuses last year. They're on pace to build ~300,000 by the end of 08.

In conclusion, WE NEED THE EURO FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

That's not right.

In 2007 Wayne built 173,213 Foci which was down from 2006 - 177,006

The thing that brought us a million threads about diesels and 40 MPG now wants a sports car...

Wow! BASE price for a Focus ST is 17500 quid. That's $34206. And that wasn't a base car he was driving.

Comparing the value of a foreign product is rarely indicative of how much it would cost if sold here. The Volvo C30 is essentially the same car as the Focus ST and it starts at $23,000. The dollar being undervalued vs the pound (and most other 1st world currencies) accounts for most of the difference in price. Consumer preference and other regional discrepancies account for the rest.

Just try and prove me wrong!!!!!!

OK, this is the car they would have

NormaDesmond.jpg

When the people who bought the Focus figure out that the resale value is crap, they won't be buying a second one. Fool me once.

Yeah, ok. We're on our 4th in 6 model years. We hate them, they devalue so bad we keep buying them.

I don't know why we do it.

actually Ace ....resale on used focii is a strong point....resale is NOT an issue in the slightest....so, you are only a fool once......

The thing that brought us a million threads about diesels and 40 MPG now wants a sports car...

Comparing the value of a foreign product is rarely indicative of how much it would cost if sold here. The Volvo C30 is essentially the same car as the Focus ST and it starts at $23,000. The dollar being undervalued vs the pound (and most other 1st world currencies) accounts for most of the difference in price. Consumer preference and other regional discrepancies account for the rest.

I looked at KBB for the C30 R-Design (which I assume is the same level as the ST). Base was $26400. Loaded (but still manual trans) was $32600.