'09 Escape

range

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Reed driving over all those motorcycles in Smokey & the Bandit almost (but not quite) makes watching the whole rest of the movie worth it.

Or was that Jonathan Winters in Every Which Way But Loose?

I don't remember a bunch of motorcycles in Smokey and the Bandit, but then again I haven't seen that movie in quite some time.

I don't remember a bunch of motorcycles in Smokey and the Bandit, but then again I haven't seen that movie in quite some time.

I think it was Smokey and the Bandit. In Every Which Way But Loose, Winters asks the waitress to keep an eye on his lunch and then takes the Black Widows ("Did you know more people die every year from black widow bites than snake bites?" "Is that a fact? I usually just step on 'em") out back and trashes them before coming back in to finish his meal.

In Smokey and the Bandit, a biker gang roughs up Jerry Reed, who then goes out and drives over about ten or fifteen bikes.

I think it was Smokey and the Bandit. In Every Which Way But Loose, Winters asks the waitress to keep an eye on his lunch and then takes the Black Widows ("Did you know more people die every year from black widow bites than snake bites?" "Is that a fact? I usually just step on 'em") out back and trashes them before coming back in to finish his meal.

In Smokey and the Bandit, a biker gang roughs up Jerry Reed, who then goes out and drives over about ten or fifteen bikes.

Hmm, now I need to re-watch the movie.

No. It gets better gas mileage because it's more powerful and efficient.

He's just complaining because the Mustang isn't going to get a 6.2L engine in 2 years.

Wrong, If you payed attention instead of trying to score points you'd know it has zero to do with the motor going into the Mustang, I know more than you about the upcoming Mustang engines and I'm perfectly happy with them.

What I'm pissed about is that the F-150, the Expedition, and especially the Navigator will have to do with the thirsty, heavy, massive, weak 5.4 for who knows how long.

The new 5.0L will out power the 5.4L while getting better gas mileage, so why on Earth Ford would stick with the soon to be pointless 5.4 is a real mystery, although from reading the old wizards posts, Ford is in a complete mess, do they have any clue what they are doing? All these wild new engines we keep hearing about are nothing but vaporware, I'll believe them when I see them on the local dealer lots.

Wrong, If you payed attention instead of trying to score points you'd know it has zero to do with the motor going into the Mustang, I know more than you about the upcoming Mustang engines and I'm perfectly happy with them.

What I'm pissed about is that the F-150, the Expedition, and especially the Navigator will have to do with the thirsty, heavy, massive, weak 5.4 for who knows how long.

The new 5.0L will out power the 5.4L while getting better gas mileage, so why on Earth Ford would stick with the soon to be pointless 5.4 is a real mystery, although from reading the old wizards posts, Ford is in a complete mess, do they have any clue what they are doing? All these wild new engines we keep hearing about are nothing but vaporware, I'll believe them when I see them on the local dealer lots.

5.4 improvements are a stop gap...they could have left well enough alone, engine IS fine as it sits ...instead we get more HP, more Torque, and a VASTLY superior 6 speed auto to bide time so as not to RUSH something to market with the potential problems rushed developement can cause...am i the only person that understand that getting something RIGHT first time out is of prime importance and its better to be a little late and looking good than early and looking like Carmen Diaz sans makeup????????....sheesh....engine developement is not like that illegal substance some of you posters obviously grow under lamps in their backroom closet...one does not just fake sunlight staple tin foil and add water..........

Edited by Deanh

Wrong, If you payed attention instead of trying to score points you'd know it has zero to do with the motor going into the Mustang

Right.

You don't like the 'boat anchor', and no amount of nothing is going to convince you. Not facts, not anything.

You're hung up on initial throttle response and the devil take the rest of it. If the 5.4 as connected to the F150's 4-speed doesn't kick you in the butt, it's a boat anchor and that's the end of it.

Just screw facts, right, it's your opinion that matters.

Edited by RichardJensen

I'm curious, as I am not familiar with that engine, but what were the purported specs of the 5L? I would think that considering the fact that the 5L hasn't seen the light of day, that it (and all the specs along with it) were vaporware.

I'm curious, as I am not familiar with that engine, but what were the purported specs of the 5L? I would think that considering the fact that the 5L hasn't seen the light of day, that it (and all the specs along with it) were vaporware.

It's anything but vaporware according to Blue II. He's been pretty accurate in the past. I believe the initial specs (at least in Mustang tune) were 400 HP, 360 lb-ft or something along those lines. Blue II has also hinted at an EcoBoost 5.0 with 425+ HP.

It's anything but vaporware according to Blue II. He's been pretty accurate in the past. I believe the initial specs (at least in Mustang tune) were 400 HP, 360 lb-ft or something along those lines. Blue II has also hinted at an EcoBoost 5.0 with 425+ HP.

That's great, but if Blueblood is going to jump up and down about engines being vaporware unless they are for sale NOW.......then the same thing applies to the 5.0L. It's basically a double standard.

That's great, but if Blueblood is going to jump up and down about engines being vaporware unless they are for sale NOW.......then the same thing applies to the 5.0L. It's basically a double standard.

Well poor Blueblood. Using that definition, he's all pissed off that Ford cancelled an engine that was only vaporware to begin with, as the Boss was still about a year away from production.

The 5.0L in the Mustang is supposed to make 400 horsepower and 360 lb. ft. of torque, without DI, the DI version that is supposed to come a year or 2 later should be around 430-440 horsepower.

Now it's rumored that the truck version going into the F-150 is to be rated at 360 horsepower, and unknown torque, I'm thinking they should be able to get about 380 out of it.

So where does that leave the 5.4?

As of now, the 5.0 is on, my best guess is we'll see it in the F-150 next summer for calendar year 2010. Could be later, I wish ford would keep people informed rather than be so secretive.