'09 Escape

range

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I underestimated this refresh.

Neat little ride. I like it, it should give the Rav and CRV a run for their money. I would take the four mated to the 5-speed w/AWD if possible.

Ford seems to really be getting it's crap together.

A little OT, but my new girl has an 07 CRV, and I don't get the appeal of the vehicle. It rides smooth enough, and has a decent power train, but the interior and exterior seem to be pretty damn ugly to me.

Wow. I underestimated this refresh.

Neat little ride. I like it, it should give the Rav and CRV a run for their money. I would take the four mated to the 5-speed w/AWD if possible.

Ford seems to really be getting it's crap together.

A little OT, but my new girl has an 07 CRV, and I don't get the appeal of the vehicle. It rides smooth enough, and has a decent power train, but the interior and exterior seem to be pretty damn ugly to me.

I agree with you in regards to the CR-V. I think it's hideous, along with most of what Honda (and Acura) is coming out with these days.

09HondaCRV.jpg

CARmageddon1495.jpg

I'd take an Escape over this anyday.

The only thing CR-V has over Escape, IMO, would probably be interior material quality.

Edited by rmc523

Honda is still living off its reputation, which is why they can get away with charging people more for a CR-V when an Escape is just as good. The good thing is that the Escape sales are doing well in comparison with the CR-V.

I agree that it's good that the Escape is doing well. The powertrain upgrades for 09 should only help.

I really like the Escape. It was the way the 08 drives that would keep me from buying one. I haa a Fusion SEL V6 and now an Edge. Get out of them and into the Escape (2008 and older) and it drives old. The 2009 re-work along with the new power and trans should fix that. Does anyone know if the rear Disc are back?

I really like the Escape. It was the way the 08 drives that would keep me from buying one. I haa a Fusion SEL V6 and now an Edge. Get out of them and into the Escape (2008 and older) and it drives old. The 2009 re-work along with the new power and trans should fix that. Does anyone know if the rear Disc are back?

I just spent a week driving a 2008 Escape and liked the way it drove. Are you sure you don't meant the the pre-2008?

After spending time with the 08, I can see why it is so popular. The steering (electric) is precise and well-weighted and the vehicle drives 'small' but handles and rides well. I was driving the V6 which may make a difference in my assessment.

THE BRICK!!!! Not even a big brick...but a 1993 Taurus single DIN brick!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!

Seriously, I couldn't imagine the flack Ford would get for putting a radio like that in a car today.

It would be endless......

The next time someone complains about the brick in a Fusion, someone kindly remind them of that unit. I mean for crying out loud that head unit looks like it was sourced from the mid 90s Accord.

On a side note with the revisions made to the Escape, I see no issue with it taking back the best selling SUV.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Possibly with a 3rd shift at KCAP. Honda builds CRVs in Japan & Britain so they've got two plants to source from for the US market.

And yeah, it astonishes me that Honda can still get away with sticking DIN units in their CRVs.

Although the alternative designs are either confusing (Accord) or pointlessly huge (Civic). When you're in a compact car, you shouldn't have to dislocate your shoulder trying to reach the tune buttons (and why does Honda still have a tune toggle switch instead of a knob?)

CARmageddon1495.jpg

Honda's radio is ghastly!

From a design standpoint, the integration of it is horrible. (And I don't even like the interior design. Whoever came up with the placement of the gear selector should be shot, buried, dug up, shot again, burned, then baked into bread and eaten by hippies.)

Gear selector location on the CRV has -never- been a strong point.

Whether it was the gigantic column mounted levers on the 1st generation, the awkward dashboard mounted levers on the 2nd generation, or this placement, Honda has really struggled with that on the CRVs.

Add the Ridgeline and Pilot to that list as well.

THE BRICK!!!! Not even a big brick...but a 1993 Taurus single DIN brick!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!

Seriously, I couldn't imagine the flack Ford would get for putting a radio like that in a car today.

As much as I despise the CRV (It's a hideous ugly PIG) It should be noted that that is not the North American radio.

112_0806_20z%202008_honda_CRV%20interior_view.jpg

Edited by sullynd

I think the Escape and Mariner have the best looking Ford brand interiors. They got everything right inside the vehicle, from the back light coloring to the switchgear, ergonomics, design, and material quality, I couldn't have been happier with what they did. The Focus is damn good as well. The new F-150 is astounding! I got a close look at the King Ranch, NOTHING else even REMOTELY like it in the segment. The 2010 Fusion is still a struggler, they have not done a good job with this one.