SHOULD WE WAIT IT OUT

diecaster

LOOKS LIKE WE JUST SHOULD SIT IN GEN AND ENJOY FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS UNTIL FORD RETOOLS AND FINDS OUT WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING. I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER OPINIONS ON THIS. IF YOU COUNT ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING INTO GEN IN ZONE AND OUT OF ZONE COMPARED TO THE AMOUNT OF JOBS AVAILIBLE NOW IT IS REAL ONE SIDED. ONCE MORE BUYOUTS COME IT MAY CHANGE, BUT AS OF NOW THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE AND TOO FEW PROD. JOBS AVALIBLE NOW. LOOKING FOR OTHER OPINIONS.

I'm going to be looking for a job elsewhere(out of state)..When I find it take buyout..Til then just sit and draw money...I'm not putting my life on hold til 2011,to then find out you still don't have a job and if you do it's at $14.00 an hour...

Yeah. That new contract DOES provide for seniority employees to work as temps,2nd tier or whatever they are. You may not be too far from the truth.

Yeah. That new contract DOES provide for seniority employees to work as temps,2nd tier or whatever they are. You may not be too far from the truth.

I AM GLAD PEOPLE ARE THINKING LIKE ME. I PLAN ON ATTENDING COLLEGE SO THAT I WILL NEVER FIND MYSELF IN THE FUCKED UP SITUATION AGAIN. I AM A 30 YEAR OLD FATHER OF 4 WITH NO JOB SKILLS OTHER THAN FORD WHO WOULD RATHER PAY MEXICANS THAN AMERICANS WHO BUY THEIR CARS.

You know I want to stay at Ford's but I think I can't put my life on hold as well. Therefore I will consider the buy-out and take my happy ass on down the road. I have plenty of skills other than Ford. Should I leave I will be more than happy to keep you people in my mind. I know what it is like to be there. I hope for the best for all of you.

LOOKS LIKE WE JUST SHOULD SIT IN GEN AND ENJOY FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS UNTIL FORD RETOOLS AND FINDS OUT WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING. I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER OPINIONS ON THIS. IF YOU COUNT ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING INTO GEN IN ZONE AND OUT OF ZONE COMPARED TO THE AMOUNT OF JOBS AVAILIBLE NOW IT IS REAL ONE SIDED. ONCE MORE BUYOUTS COME IT MAY CHANGE, BUT AS OF NOW THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE AND TOO FEW PROD. JOBS AVALIBLE NOW. LOOKING FOR OTHER OPINIONS.

I hate to be the one to tell you but if you are in JSP you can not turn down an in zone transfer so when a opening comes up that is not filled by a higher senority worker you have to transfer or take the buyout.

Take the hint, it's time to go.

Dont kid yourselves you get 1 year of GEN or JSP remember ours is different from GM.

this is all market related.

Could you please post your source? I just read the contract on the SOS website and saw nothing of the sort pertaining to 1 year of JSP when it is market related?

The way Ford's JSP works is this:

1. You may either be placed on involuntary ILO (for up to 48 weeks OVER THE LIFE OF THE CONTRACT, since it is volume-related), or you are placed into protected status (JSP).

2. If on an ILO, you are automatically brought back after 48 weeks. If no openings are available, you are placed into JSP.

3. Once in JSP, you are there INDEFINITELY. Don't count on returning to your plant unless volume levels resume to pre-JSP levels.

4. Once an offer becomes available IN-ZONE, you may either bid on it or not. If not enough bids are accepted for the opening(s), the lowest members in the JSP will be INVOLUNTARILY FORCED to go to the new plant (while STILL MAINTAINING RTBU rights).

5. Once an offer is made available OUT-OF-ZONE, you may also either bid on it or not. However, if the job is actually OFFERED to you (where not enough people have accepted the offer and you are at the bottom), you may CHOOSE to accept the offer or not.

6. If you CHOOSE to ACCEPT the offer, you will be placed into the new plant, while still maintaining RTBU rights (except if you choose the enhanced moving allowance). You will also have a choice of moving allowances if the new plant is more than 250 miles distant from the OLD PLANT, NOT YOUR HOME.

7. If you CHOOSE to REFUSE an OUT-OF-ZONE offer, a 2-year-clock will begin ticking. If within this 2 years, you are offered another OUT-OF-ZONE opportunity, you either MUST accept it or you will be placed on inactive status, and your PAY WILL CEASE. You will, however, have recall rights for the remaining length of your seniority.

8. If within the 2 years you ARE NOT offered another opportunity OUT-OF-ZONE, the 2 year clock will reset.

Hope this helps.

Edited by qwertyuiop

I AM GLAD PEOPLE ARE THINKING LIKE ME. I PLAN ON ATTENDING COLLEGE SO THAT I WILL NEVER FIND MYSELF IN THE FUCKED UP SITUATION AGAIN. I AM A 30 YEAR OLD FATHER OF 4 WITH NO JOB SKILLS OTHER THAN FORD WHO WOULD RATHER PAY MEXICANS THAN AMERICANS WHO BUY THEIR CARS.

shock,,shame awe,, wait,,wait whats that coming down the main aisle??? is it a bird?? a plane ?? NOOOO ITS SUPER JOEL coming to save you, remember he told you are going to retire from there,, he has new work coming in ,trust him,, pull someone else out from underneath his desk,,make room for yourself ,,,be saved ,,

shock,,shame awe,, wait,,wait whats that coming down the main aisle??? is it a bird?? a plane ?? NOOOO ITS SUPER JOEL coming to save you, remember he told you are going to retire from there,, he has new work coming in ,trust him,, pull someone else out from underneath his desk,,make room for yourself ,,,be saved ,,

wow.. that was brilliant.

The way Ford's JSP works is this:

1. You may either be placed on involuntary ILO (for up to 48 weeks OVER THE LIFE OF THE CONTRACT, since it is volume-related), or you are placed into protected status (JSP).

2. If on an ILO, you are automatically brought back after 48 weeks. If no openings are available, you are placed into JSP.

3. Once in JSP, you are there INDEFINITELY. Don't count on returning to your plant unless volume levels resume to pre-JSP levels.

4. Once an offer becomes available IN-ZONE, you may either bid on it or not. If not enough bids are accepted for the opening(s), the lowest members in the JSP will be INVOLUNTARILY FORCED to go to the new plant (while STILL MAINTAINING RTBU rights).

5. Once an offer is made available OUT-OF-ZONE, you may also either bid on it or not. However, if the job is actually OFFERED to you (where not enough people have accepted the offer and you are at the bottom), you may CHOOSE to accept the offer or not.

6. If you CHOOSE to ACCEPT the offer, you will be placed into the new plant, while still maintaining RTBU rights (except if you choose the enhanced moving allowance). You will also have a choice of moving allowances if the new plant is more than 250 miles distant from the OLD PLANT, NOT YOUR HOME.

7. If you CHOOSE to REFUSE an OUT-OF-ZONE offer, a 2-year-clock will begin ticking. If within this 2 years, you are offered another OUT-OF-ZONE opportunity, you either MUST accept it or you will be placed on inactive status, and your PAY WILL CEASE. You will, however, have recall rights for the remaining length of your seniority.

8. If within the 2 years you ARE NOT offered another opportunity OUT-OF-ZONE, the 2 year clock will reset.

Hope this helps.

one more ? isn't there a dollar limit on how much ford will spend on the program?

Take the buyout. Open Rally's.

one more ? isn't there a dollar limit on how much ford will spend on the program?

never forget,,2 months ago 400 plus openings went up for bid,,BUT god had his fav70 out on tlo,,instead of gen,,longterm tlo ,some 6mo ,,plus,thats 70 people who could had the oppurtinity to change ,,or at least try to shape their future,,if there had been those 70 in gen,,DONT FORGET TO THANK HIM FOR THAT WHEN YOU SEE HIM,,IN the main aisle,,,HINT ,,,he will be the one with the,,,S,, on his shirt :shades: :shades:

never forget,,2 months ago 400 plus openings went up for bid,,BUT god had his fav70 out on tlo,,instead of gen,,longterm tlo ,some 6mo ,,plus,thats 70 people who could had the oppurtinity to change ,,or at least try to shape their future,,if there had been those 70 in gen,,DONT FORGET TO THANK HIM FOR THAT WHEN YOU SEE HIM,,IN the main aisle,,,HINT ,,,he will be the one with the,,,S,, on his shirt :shades: :shades:

im still trying to figure out how the oath of office,,the sworn duty to diligently work for the good of all brothers and sisters ,,,,,ONLY EQUALS 70,,,?????? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

where were those 400 openings? not at plants that just put people out were they?

The limit is $944 Million over the life of the contract (JSP and SUB combined).

Quoted from Appendix M, Section V of the 2003 Agreement (unchanged to this contract):

"The company and International Union agree that notwithstanding the committments set forth in this Memorandum of Understanding, The Company's total financial liability for the cost of the program to be calculated as agreed between the parties, shall not exceed $944 million over the term of this Memorandum of Understanding adjusted by any amounts shifted between the GEN and SUB funds. In the event this liability is reached, Protected employees will be subject to layoff....."