Escalade going FWD, Unibody

wescoent

Let see, Cadillac has Northstar engines...

Cadillac has the CTS and STS .....

Cadillac has the SRX......

What unique examples do you have for Lincoln?

Northstar is shared across GM lines.

STS and SRX are being axed.

CTS is moving to a modified Zeta (G8-Camaro) platform.

What's unique about Cadillac again?

Northstar is shared across GM lines.

STS and SRX are being axed.

CTS is moving to a modified Zeta (G8-Camaro) platform.

What's unique about Cadillac again?

At least at a Cadillac dealership, you can buy a vehicles that don't appear in other GM showrooms. Nothing at Lincoln is unique. Every vehicle is a rebadged Ford.

So I repeat. At Cadillac you can get the unique CTS, STS, SRX.........

At least at a Cadillac dealership, you can buy a vehicles that don't appear in other GM showrooms. Nothing at Lincoln is unique. Every vehicle is a rebadged Ford.

Because this:

2009-Lincoln-MKS-i006.jpg

is a rebadge of this:

untitled-1.jpg

And we repeat...the STS and SRX are DOA. Lincoln will have the VERY unique MKT in the showroom within a year...and they already now have the MKS, which is anything but a rebadge -- unless, of course, you would also consider the new Zeta CTS to be a rebadged Pontiac G8.

"Pontiac dealers feel shorted..."

There are really no more stand alone Pontiac dealers, with nearly all being P-GMC or B-P-GMC stores.

Also, Navi and Expy sales are in the toilet, rich people have moved on and it is 'uncool' to drive these hogs. So, yeah, I can see GM moving Caddy far away from BOF/V8.

As others have said, the MKS doesn't look like a rebadged Taurus to me, the MKT will not be a rebadge, the MKZ and MKX will be moving away from their Ford bretheren in design with their MCEs and eventual redesigns.

And we repeat...the STS and SRX are DOA. Lincoln will have the VERY unique MKT in the showroom within a year...and they already now have the MKS, which is anything but a rebadge -- unless, of course, you would also consider the new Zeta CTS to be a rebadged Pontiac G8.

Bubububububu.....its a re badge of the Flex...... :hysterical:

Today, yeah, but the GM "face masking" in the 80's was way worse. The T1000 is the worst example of a "Pont-olet".

Pontiac in Canada has been virtually badge jobs of Chevys forever. They sold a Geo Metro based Firefly and a Chevelle based Beaumont. And the full sized Laurentian/Parisienne had Chevy motors in them even in 60s/70s while Pontiacs in US had Poncho engines.

Anyway, back on Topic. Paris Hilton and wannabes will not care that their 2013[whenever] Slades are not BOF, as long as the interior is "hot", and it still looks luxurious.

Edited by 630land

Today, yeah, but the GM "face masking" in the 80's was way worse. The T1000 is the worst example of a "Pont-olet".

Pontiac in Canada has been virtually badge jobs of Chevys forever. They sold a Geo Metro based Firefly and a Chevelle based Beaumont. And the full sized Laurentian/Parisienne had Chevy motors in them even in 60s/70s while Pontiacs in US had Poncho engines.

Anyway, back on Topic. Paris Hilton and wannabes will not care that their 2013[whenever] Slades are not BOF, as long as the interior is "hot", and it still looks luxurious.

One thing I noticed while in Montreal a few months ago is many (of our) Suzukis are badged as either Chevys or Pontiacs up there.

Yup, that was one of them I think, our Suzuki Verona for a while. (discontinued)

2005_Suzuki_Verona_ext_1.jpg

There were also rebadged Aveos as Pontiac Waves. I'm sure there were more.

Yeah, we had the Verona here too. The Wave was created because Canadians dislike credit overall and as a result of that and other factors are more likely to buy small cars than Americans. They wanted more choice available.