2010 Cadillac CTS Coupe To Be Called CTC, Spy Pics

JalopnikMatt

Wonder if Lincoln will try a coupe to compete with the 2010 CTC Coupe, perhaps MKZ based?

A front-wheel-drive, transverse-mounted luxury coupe?!?

Yep. We see how well that worked for the Acura CL and RSX!

Anyway, back to the CTC-- not too bad overall, but the beltline is too high, resulting in a rear end that is too tall and chunky. It almost looks like a Euro Focus from behind.

Seriously, I never understood the high beltline trend, especially where coupes-- cars that are supposed to embody the virtues of "lithe, lean, and sleek"-- are concerned.

Anyway, back to the CTC-- not too bad overall, but the beltline is too high, resulting in a rear end that is too tall and chunky. It almost looks like a Euro Focus from behind.

Seriously, I never understood the high beltline trend, especially where coupes-- cars that are supposed to embody the virtues of "lithe, lean, and sleek"-- are concerned.

That's my main gripe with it too. I can't imagine how terrible the blind spot must be on it...look at the angle of the rear window, it's nearly horizontal.

Personally, I think the high beltline trend has made cars look far too cartoony (same with gigantic wheels). High beltlines make compacts and subcompacts looks like clown cars almost. In our quest to continually one-up the competition with more headroom and trunk space, we've been left with cars that look ridiculous. Hopefully this new push for fuel economy will get rid of the girth and high beltlines.

Great analogy Intrep...My dad always told me "You can't have one of those Mustangs, you won't be able to see anything out of the back window". It's amazing that the CTC design rear window angle is quite similar to that of the '71-'73 Mustang. I saw the CTC in person at the NAIAS and really liked it.

A front-wheel-drive, transverse-mounted luxury coupe?!?

Yep. We see how well that worked for the Acura CL and RSX!

I agree with you about the rear/beltline combination. It's way too high for my liking, it's almost wagon like in it's side profile.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/ctscoupee...=thumb1280x1280