No Job postings at Monroe!!!!

Sweetheart

hey and most the people that trasnfered to DTP, thought they would be at the golden child, are now not working, and laid off, so dont cry that bullshit with me. i know people from all the plants you mentioned and they are either laid off, going to be, or might be, so how better off are they ?

well the ones at livonia and dtp are bidding on jobs that you cant bid on and the have rtbu to plants that arent closing yet so i would say they are better off

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I transfered to ddmp 2 months ago and we are working 7 12's w/ midnight shift premium. The job sucks but I'm working. Even you, almighty dork271 could not handle the job that we do there. If you think you can come on up here. By the way , if you dumbasses would force the company to lay you off instead of volunteering to to be laid off you might get a flowback opportuninty. Good job Carl, fuck the membership! Save your vacation days!

i can do any job in the company. i was not offered DDMPD. nor do i want that drive.

i cant answer for what the leadeship did.

most people thought they were 'safe' going to DTP, well guess what they are not.

also the company said OT will be eliminated, and extra shifts added, so bank on that ot lackanogre

well the ones at livonia and dtp are bidding on jobs that you cant bid on and the have rtbu to plants that arent closing yet so i would say they are better off

well, good for them, beside we are JSP protected, AND still working.

so your point is ?

i can do any job in the company. i was not offered DDMPD. nor do i want that drive.

i cant answer for what the leadeship did.

most people thought they were 'safe' going to DTP, well guess what they are not.

also the company said OT will be eliminated, and extra shifts added, so bank on that ot lackanogre

I guess I personally just think more of people willing to uproot there families 800+ or more miles away in order to keep there jobs than I do of people unwilling to travel 45 miles in order to earn the paychecks they receive.

Not saying I am against the security that was/is GEN - JSP but I am so happy that the union agreed to settle with time and offer limits on that security.

People passing up opportunity after opportunity to work while people worry about there jobs from day to day have no business keeping that security.... Just my opinion though /shrug

I still feel like DTP is safest one to be at! as long as you have seniority you'll be alright...for now, who knows about next year

That is kinda what I am getting at waterman :hysterical: No one knows what the future holds but everyones best bet no matter what there seniority is , would be to 1) read the contract ( know your rights and what we as contracted workers can expect from day to day to the long term) 2) Try to keep working and building to retirement ( that is the goal *well mine anyway*) 3) if ya don't want to move around then maybe consider a buyout because the automotive industry besides up until the mid 70's has always fluctuated big time , our industry like all business is consumer driven when we have a recession or depression ( my opinion of the American middle class workforce currently) then we will as those before us go through hard times.

Things wont change anytime soon so basically we either keep moving around as work opens up for those laid off or simply leave the industry and try our luck/skills on the outside of the industry.

Edited by lquidspine

Hey "F-P", is it ok if I fly down to the Southwest in my C172 for a visit? :flexing: Sounds good to me! :runaway: I'd be careful of the border thing, though. The Feds may not have an interest in protecting the border on the ground, but you can bet they sure do in the air, trust me :banmolest: . :banmolest: :banmolest:

Yeah, you're right NoMo... and flyin is always easier when nobody's shootin at ya. Stop down to visit sometime. I'm at M84. I'll turn you on to some killer turtle soup.

Pig :beerchug:

I guess I personally just think more of people willing to uproot there families 800+ or more miles away in order to keep there jobs than I do of people unwilling to travel 45 miles in order to earn the paychecks they receive.

Not saying I am against the security that was/is GEN - JSP but I am so happy that the union agreed to settle with time and offer limits on that security.

People passing up opportunity after opportunity to work while people worry about there jobs from day to day have no business keeping that security.... Just my opinion though /shrug

i signed up for most out of zone, and in zone, with only a few exceptions,

that being said, it's only going to get worse, we have not hit bottom yet.

that is why i went back to school three years ago.

I still feel like DTP is safest one to be at! as long as you have seniority you'll be alright...for now, who knows about next year

yeah i think so too, BUT it's a truck plant, and down till sept. 21st truck sales are down 47% year over year.

wait till next month, sales have not hit bottom, adjust sales will be less then 10 million, total sales.

and gas....keeps going up! LOL

My question to anyone at Monroe still Is mainly for people that have left and then returned.

At Wixom we have a bunch of people that came from Monroe and decided to go back around the time Wixom lost their first shift reduction. SO my question being how many of those people ( If i recall right they had around 97 - 99 seniority) why did they go back ?

I can understand wanting to go back to your home plant but that was after Visteon was spun off why would you take that chance knowing that everything pointed toward Ford selling off Visteon.

I was asked to go back to Wixom back in 04 and I know plenty of people that did simply because they lived out that way, But being realistic and not basing my decision with my heart I stayed in the rouge because I knew that there was little hope left for Wixom to remain opened, turns out my gut was right.

For those that have Not had an opportunity to leave a closing plant I wish you all the best and placement as soon as possible .

On another note I cannot speak for all the other plants listed on this post but DTP people were offered opportunities because there is a need in those plants and allot from DTP have been given Indefinite Layoff Paperwork effective July 21st after shutdown. If someone at another plant IE. Monroe they might be on TLO but that means they would have a return to work date meaning they still have a job at the moment those like the ones at DTP have ILO's and at this time do not have a job except collecting unemployment.

Good Luck to all :shades:

Sorry, JSP will have first opportunity!! Relax, you will soon be there and all postings will come to Monroe! Don't be in a hurry to get to an assembly plant!!

Sorry, JSP will have first opportunity!! Relax, you will soon be there and all postings will come to Monroe! Don't be in a hurry to get to an assembly plant!!

I am pretty relaxed but thanks for careing Captain I will end up somewhere in the rouge complex , and I have not worked in an engine plant but I know for sure I prefer assembly plants better than a stamping plant.

I am pretty relaxed but thanks for careing Captain I will end up somewhere in the rouge complex , and I have not worked in an engine plant but I know for sure I prefer assembly plants better than a stamping plant.

You're crazy if you think you would be happier in assembly opposed to stamping.

Becareful of what you wish for.

You're crazy if you think you would be happier in assembly opposed to stamping.

Becareful of what you wish for.

I started at Wixom went to Dearborn Stamping and then back to assembly when I went to Dearborn truck, guess I am crazy but working on 2k parts per 8 hours compared to working on 600 tops in 10 hours Ill take the repetition of the 600 thanks.

Not to mention all the noise and chance at loss of limbs on top of the stench of hydraulic fluid , reminds me of working in a spray booth minus the danger to my lungs.

I have not worked in an engine plant so cant really comment on that with real experience but I don't mind assembly , guess I just don't have a problem working wherever it may be but if I had a choice ( I don't things are outa my hands) I would pick assembly.

I was told today that everyone at dtp was able to bid on the jobs at wayne, aai, etc., any truth to that? I thought those jobs were for the people at dtp on ilo not people who are still working there. Could someone from dtp please clear this up for me? Thanks

I was told today that everyone at dtp was able to bid on the jobs at wayne, aai, etc., any truth to that? I thought those jobs were for the people at dtp on ilo not people who are still working there. Could someone from dtp please clear this up for me? Thanks

That is 100% accurate

The ole Captain 723 ( isn't that the Monroe local?) wants you to be patient eh. Such a caring person :hysterical: :happy feet: !!! He probably is feeling great in his appointed job, not a care in the world. If you folks want to bid on all the Ford jobs, have your Union go to the company and demand that the Ford workers be placed on an ILO then you can bid. You should be able to bid since your plant is sold/closed, but funny things happen when "captains" of industry get involved. I think they forgot about the ACH folks, even cancelled the folks that were slated to move in July and August in favor of the "joel Rawsonvlle" :hysterical: followers. Something smells people. Jody and Level, where are you when Monroe needs you most? :happy feet: :finger:

The grim reality in all of this is ther is not enough jobs for everyone. There will probably be a lot of peope left on ILO. I don't know the Monroe situation, but weren't you guys told by your union o ride it out and you weren't closing? I remember reading that a while back. Anyways, I feel this fall the axe will fall for many.

Who cares about Monroe...what about Rawsonville...any new rumors?

Sorry Frank we want truths not rumors, And if anybody would of had anything on Rawsonville I'm sure someone would of told you. And a lot of us care about Monroe. We are getting screwed just like the rest of you.

The ole Captain 723 ( isn't that the Monroe local?) wants you to be patient eh. Such a caring person :hysterical: :happy feet: !!! He probably is feeling great in his appointed job, not a care in the world. If you folks want to bid on all the Ford jobs, have your Union go to the company and demand that the Ford workers be placed on an ILO then you can bid. You should be able to bid since your plant is sold/closed, but funny things happen when "captains" of industry get involved. I think they forgot about the ACH folks, even cancelled the folks that were slated to move in July and August in favor of the "joel Rawsonvlle" :hysterical: followers. Something smells people. Jody and Level, where are you when Monroe needs you most? :happy feet: :finger:

Brother.....

What about the rest of the plants excess members? Or the other plant closings/sales and soon to be sold/closed? I don't believe any one closed plant is any better than the rest of the workforce without a permanent job. We have a major problem here but it is not concentrated in one plant, even though it may seem that way to the individual.

The real problem here is that there are not enough openings.... due to:

1.)not enough takers on the buyouts in combination with

2.)reduced volumes from totally unexpected further erosion of sales and our economy.

No recovery plans made in such times was ever based on it getting worse out there. Optimism was originally based on transformation and improved quality designed to snag sales, problem is these sales aren't there to snag anymore....Reductions of our mainstay (the truck market) hampers all of our money set aside to do other changes and improvements. Recovery plans have to be flexible and morph daily. No openings for Monroe now... means that others soon to be in JSP or on ILO due to pending sales and/or closings will not have the openings they need either...that is a major concern of the UAW.

That is why we have no choice but to re-offer the buyouts (I know it won't be any landslide but every single "one" counts) and foremost, we need to push hard to bring work back into our plants to create more jobs through the new insourcing language. A combined effort focusing on these two elements is the only hope we have.

I don't think you could appreciate the fact that the Union is highly concerned for every single person without work, it consumes our every move, it is our main focus....people really do care brother....

So don't think that no one is doing anything for you..........more is being done than you know....and I still don't know if it will be "enough"...but if we fail getting everyone back to work......it won't be from a lack of trying brother.

Good luck...I hope you get what you need...and I hope we all get the security we need soon and get back to threads asking about how much you think profit sharing will be...wouldn't that be nice for a change................................

Brother.....

What about the rest of the plants excess members? Or the other plant closings/sales and soon to be sold/closed? I don't believe any one closed plant is any better than the rest of the workforce without a permanent job. We have a major problem here but it is not concentrated in one plant, even though it may seem that way to the individual.

The real problem here is that there are not enough openings.... due to:

1.)not enough takers on the buyouts in combination with

2.)reduced volumes from totally unexpected further erosion of sales and our economy.

No recovery plans made in such times was ever based on it getting worse out there. Optimism was originally based on transformation and improved quality designed to snag sales, problem is these sales aren't there to snag anymore....Reductions of our mainstay (the truck market) hampers all of our money set aside to do other changes and improvements. Recovery plans have to be flexible and morph daily. No openings for Monroe now... means that others soon to be in JSP or on ILO due to pending sales and/or closings will not have the openings they need either...that is a major concern of the UAW.

That is why we have no choice but to re-offer the buyouts (I know it won't be any landslide but every single "one" counts) and foremost, we need to push hard to bring work back into our plants to create more jobs through the new insourcing language. A combined effort focusing on these two elements is the only hope we have.

I don't think you could appreciate the fact that the Union is highly concerned for every single person without work, it consumes our every move, it is our main focus....people really do care brother....

So don't think that no one is doing anything for you..........more is being done than you know....and I still don't know if it will be "enough"...but if we fail getting everyone back to work......it won't be from a lack of trying brother.

Good luck...I hope you get what you need...and I hope we all get the security we need soon and get back to threads asking about how much you think profit sharing will be...wouldn't that be nice for a change................................

What recovery plan did you sit with the company/Union on in the first place? Quit smoking the company pipe with your volumes and not enough workers will quit their jobs to save Ford from Ford hogwash.

Believe me, I do understand what the Union is trying to do for everyone, and I also know that the lack of the Union to respond to management in the past has helped put us in the situation we are in now. Since you seem to be an "insider", you should be fully aware that President Gettlefinger told UAW leadership four years ago that he was in a meeting with Padilla when Ford told them they were going to quit making cars, switch to SUV's and trucks, and INTENTIONALLY shrink the market share fron 24 percent to 17 percent because everyone would have more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!! Some recovery plan!!!

Brother, you should know that was doomsday for us when we did not respond. That move accounts for the closure of 4 assembly plants, countless part plants (ACH) and the mess we are in now to recover from the fall of trucks and SUV sales. We had the chance to stop this, but our leadership did not tell us this plan until well after the wheels of our dimise turning. Hooray for the buyouts no one wants to take because THEY WANT TO WORK!! How dare those UAW rascal members, fouling up such a great plan.

Don't be so condescending to this membership. We see that the Union is trying very hard to save all the dues paying members it can, after all, business is business. It is our dues paying dream, Brother, that you folks in leadership that are working so hard, consumed with every members well being, quit defending what has happened, stop tooting your horns as the hard working saviours of the working class and start fighting this company at the point of their decisions. THe leadership sets on boards with the company to be part of the "team" in decision making, so start making the decisions that will keep our jobs. We don't protest in Washington, we don't go to the streets, we don't make politicians jobs miserable when they crap on the working man, no, our leadership wants to get back to the days of discussing profit sharing. It is the love of money that got us in the beginning, and seems to still consume this leadership, if you are part of it, and we know you are.

Brilliant...guess again!!

Something does smell though....you need to shower!! The agreement is clear when it states what the heirarchy for opportunities is. If you are not on indefinite lay-off or in JSP then you will be 3rd to get posts at ACH. This is an old arguement that has been argued before on this site!! Saline, Sheldon Rd, Indy, Utica, Milan, Sandusky, and Batavia are all in the same boat! They are all slated to close in the future, so do they all get the postings?? :headscratch:

No....those who are not working get first crack!

The comment on hang in there was because they will all be in JSP soon enough!