STAP

chilliwilli

Whats going on here? Has anyone heard? January 23 we get told we are going to 1 shift but as of today still nothing, no dates given or any timetable. Also there were rumors from the union that a 4 day work week was coming, this was well over a month ago. Every other plant mentioned on January 23 has been informed of what is going on..but what about STAP? Alot of you will say no news is good news, but some sort of news (preferably the truth) would be nice and respectful to all employees. Come on CAW get on this!

Edited by chilliwilli

Whats going on here? Has anyone heard? January 23 we get told we are going to 1 shift but as of today still nothing, no dates given or any timetable. Also there were rumors from the union that a 4 day work week was coming, this was well over a month ago. Every other plant mentioned on January 23 has been informed of what is going on..but what about STAP? Alot of you will say no news is good news, but some sort of news (preferably the truth) would be nice and respectful to all employees. Come on CAW get on this!

Some info on the shift deduction would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. This thing is going to

hang over our heads until SURPRISE tomorrow is your last day.

IT'S THE FORD WAY.

Brother it isn't the CAW that is causing the grief it's Ford.

Brother it isn't the CAW that is causing the grief it's Ford.

Thats easy to say but if our union can't get us any info what are they doing?We know nothing,4 day work week,no one seems to know.1 shift next year,union has no idea when or any other details.If the union is actually this much on the outside you start to wonder what they are doing for you.It may be different in Oakville but at STAP we are told nothing about nothing,hell we've heard about layoffs first on the radio in the past before we were told on the floor.I do find it odd pretty well all the places mentioned January 23rd have some idea on what is happening to them but we have absolutely no information.I can expect ignorance from Ford as we are just numbers but would hope for more from our local but it sure appears we are numbers to them also.If we are going to one shift the union needs to get off their asses and get some news for the junior members so they can plan on what they have to do to prepare for that change.You may think this is whining by us at STAP but to say the union isn't adding to our "grief" isn't right.We pay them to act on behalf of us and all we ask is to get us the info on what is about to happen with ours and our families lives...Too much to ask? :shrug:

Thats easy to say but if our union can't get us any info what are they doing?We know nothing,4 day work week,no one seems to know.1 shift next year,union has no idea when or any other details.If the union is actually this much on the outside you start to wonder what they are doing for you.It may be different in Oakville but at STAP we are told nothing about nothing,hell we've heard about layoffs first on the radio in the past before we were told on the floor.I do find it odd pretty well all the places mentioned January 23rd have some idea on what is happening to them but we have absolutely no information.I can expect ignorance from Ford as we are just numbers but would hope for more from our local but it sure appears we are numbers to them also.If we are going to one shift the union needs to get off their asses and get some news for the junior members so they can plan on what they have to do to prepare for that change.You may think this is whining by us at STAP but to say the union isn't adding to our "grief" isn't right.We pay them to act on behalf of us and all we ask is to get us the info on what is about to happen with ours and our families lives...Too much to ask? :shrug:

Word is Aquilina, O'Handley and McGee are headed for the national !!!! YOU FIGURE IT OUT!!!!

I never said you were whining and I understand your frustration......

If you were at last membership meeting you would see how frustrated Whitey was at lack of info from company. It is easy to blame him or others on leadership but you can see the toll it has taken on him, any info he gets will be passed on to everyone as soon as he gets it. Even upper management is in dark. As for Mike, John and Dennis getting jobs out of plant look at this as a positive, everone has desire to move on and these guys earned it, when you are at top of heap in plant you must move on, we need leaders in national and I would prefer to see them come out of our plant or other Ford locals.

:shrug:

I would rather hear nothing untill it is writing over some of the rumours that are going through the plant.

:shrug: I agree 110% the place is full of rumors and they don't help the guy trying to retire or the 7 year people hoping for a future. I believe Whitety will give us straight goods.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just hoping we know what the heck is going to happen before it happens.We have those senior guys that cancelled retirement that are just waiting to see which way the wind blows and alot of junior members that will need to make arrangements if they are indeed losing their jobs or if there are any chance of transferring somewhere.The not knowing is the worst part.Either good news or bad news and we can plan for the future,not knowing just adds stress the whole situation.I wish the union knew something but think they are in the dark.I also don't think Ford Canada knows what is happening.It's up to Dearborn to enlighten us I think.

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting harder and harder to come to work and pretend the shift reduction

isn't going to happen. It's on my mind almost all the time now. Ford announced

the shift reduction back on Jan. 23 and we have yet to hear any more from company or

union. Everyday I grill my committeeman and he can tell me nothing.

I'm afraid my work is starting to suffer, as I adopt a FUCK 'EM ALL attitude.

How do I shake this attitude?

If I work my tail off, sending good quality vechiles I still lose my job.

If I doggit all day, same result.

Anyone else feel the same or am I alone on this?

:violin:

the shift reduction back on Jan. 23 and we have yet to hear any more from company or

bye.gif

Yes I think the decision is already made but we on the floor will be the last to hear.I'm not sure who to believe anymore.I can't believe Ford Canada doesn't know anything about dates yet but also have a hard time believing the union is as dumbfounded as they are acting.Tis a stressful time for us nobodies on the floor.

Can anyone confirm an announcement coming on May 1 for STAP? If so what is it? :shrug:

The announcement is to confirm that the end is near and that we will all lose our jobs.bye.gif

But really , yes there is an announcement , for what we don't know ... something to do with the future of the plant ...

I heard yesterday that Ford and CAW were meeting this week to discuss the four day workweek and how it will work. This of course will be handed down to us on Monday (May 1) when we go back. That's not to say they won't be discussing our future(or lack there of) as well. We'll just have to wait until Monday. :yup:

Edited by Charged92

This is the way Mark Fields wants to do business. If you remeber he stated he wanted to make a large impact on our membership and the UAW. He wants us scared. The reason your leadership is not getting the information, is because it is planned that way. Mark Fields. That's how he does business. Upper management is not even told until the last minute. When they are told, you'll know, because they will avoid you at all cost. Hang in there together. Stop finding fault with those that, either can't find out or don't really know. :doh: