Production 2010 Lincoln MKT on the road

The rear hatch looks to be lengthened from the concept profile, perhaps to fit the 3rd row.

I don't really care for what I'm seeing, although I'm delighted to see another purpose built Lincoln. The belt line is very low with a soft rounded shoulder, I'd prefer a stronger statement. The front approach looks quite nice, but like the MKS, the best part of the design is from the a pillar forward and the rest could use some more character.

This looks just like what it is, a rounded off Flex with agressive curves and new lincoln design queues. The rear doors and cargo area look to be plenty big to give useful space to the third row, though, I can see where the space there might be a smidge tight in the corners. As a CUV companion to the Navigator, I think this will do well enough for itself. IF it ever gets to the point where Expedition and Navigator volume drop to so low a point that they have to be discontinued, then this will soldier on nicely enough for most users.

I do see this possibly looking a lot like Toyota's upcoming camry based crossover wagon/sport tourer thingy, save for the lincoln design queues/details.

I am excited to see how close it stays to the concept. It'd be nice if they offered the Iphone esque center console as an option in conjunction with Sync and TravelLink. It'd show Lexus and MB a few things on designing the ultimate technological machine.

I'd like to see a RWD version of the MKZ, since it is the perfect size for me, but I doubt they're going to do that anytime soon.

I am excited to see how close it stays to the concept. It'd be nice if they offered the Iphone esque center console as an option in conjunction with Sync and TravelLink. It'd show Lexus and MB a few things on designing the ultimate technological machine.

I'd like to see a RWD version of the MKZ, since it is the perfect size for me, but I doubt they're going to do that anytime soon.

Well the MKR is reportedly on the way which I believe is supposed to fit between the MKZ and MKS, and be a sort of CTS competitor, RWD and all.

Edited by rmc523

Ford has already stated that it's aim with MKT is to adhere its design elements with very modern corporate jet inside and outside. Back in the 50's auto designers used elements similar to jet age airplane design of the time. Looks like its coming back with MKT design theme.