John McCain bad for UAW jobs!

homerhero

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be this. Gas is over $4 a gallon and has the entire econmy in a slump including our very own SUV and truck plants.He wants to drill for oil,lower the price of gas,people start buying trucks again,truck plants go back to work.But I could be wrong.

Edited by StrangeHighways

i agree that mccain doesnt care if we prosper or not.... however what about obama... here is a guy that said he was upset that the price of gas went up too fast . not that it was too high. i work at ktp the price of gas and diesel are killing the super duty market....i am truly torn and have not made up my mind neither .one of these guys like us... whos worse??????? what about drilling????? :banghead:

Were screwed either way!!!!!

McCain wants to increase jobs in COLUMBIA and S.America but he doesn't care about the USA auto workers, he says get retrained well retrained for what Walmart??

And Obama can't win he's UNELECTABLE.......PERIOD end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a strong 3rd party can. now!!!

Pat Buchanan 08

Were screwed either way!!!!!

McCain wants to increase jobs in COLUMBIA and S.America but he doesn't care about the USA auto workers, he says get retrained well retrained for what Walmart??

And Obama can't win he's UNELECTABLE.......PERIOD end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a strong 3rd party can. now!!!

Pat Buchanan 08

Why is Obama unelectable? Is it because he's not an old white man? Dare I ask, is it because he's black?

Frigging racist.

BTW, the comment about gas prices going up to fast is dead on. If gas would've followed the normal rate of inflation, it would not be impacting us like this. We would've had time to adjust normally.

Why is Obama unelectable? Is it because he's not an old white man? Dare I ask, is it because he's black?

Frigging racist.

BTW, the comment about gas prices going up to fast is dead on. If gas would've followed the normal rate of inflation, it would not be impacting us like this. We would've had time to adjust normally.

Racism has nothing to do with it. He is unelectable because nobody knows what he stands for.

Frigging racist.

Obama is not unelectable, but this is a case where the party that says they're on your side is promising to do things that will put the domestic auto industry out of business... fast. McCain may not help us directly but in the long run we'll be better off.

Frigging racist.

Maybe because he is the racist.................Oh, thats right. He can't be racist, he's black.......................

banner_bumper_sticker_small.png

It actually has, it's just the rate the government gives us is understated.

Frigging racist.

The man is unelectable because he has no experience.He's going into a gun fight with a switch blade.He learned early in life that he's a smooth talker and has the ability to convince people to believe in a lie.

For crying out loud why cant people see through this guy.

Frigging racist.

He's more liberal than Carter, Mondale and Dukakis put together, carter and mondale won 1 state each and dukakis got creamed.

I really dont want to give America's money to other nation's poor how about giving it to America's poor!!!!!!

whose the racist?? I got Cavs season tickets if i were a racist why would I pay over 4K for them??

Oh ya I go to watch wally Szerbiak!!! :finger: oh ya hes from Spain :finger:

He's more liberal than Carter, Mondale and Dukakis put together, carter and mondale won 1 state each and dukakis got creamed.

I really dont want to give America's money to other nation's poor how about giving it to America's poor!!!!!!

whose the racist?? I got Cavs season tickets if i were a racist why would I pay over 4K for them??

Oh ya I go to watch wally Szerbiak!!! :finger: oh ya hes from Spain :finger:

You aren't a racist because you paid four thousand dollars for season tickets to basketball. Wow. I just dont know where to begin. I think I'm just gonna pass on this one... :reading:

You aren't a racist because you paid four thousand dollars for season tickets to basketball. Wow. I just dont know where to begin. I think I'm just gonna pass on this one... :reading:
Yea, same here. The shit that some people post here would make some mental midgets scratch their heads. :shades:

The man is unelectable because he has no experience.He's going into a gun fight with a switch blade.He learned early in life that he's a smooth talker and has the ability to convince people to believe in a lie.

For crying out loud why cant people see through this guy.

With any job that a person applies for they want at least 4 years experience, when my children graduated from college all the well paying jobs wanted 4 to sometimes 6 or 10 years experience. How does the minimal experience that Obama brings to the table qualify him to be President? Regardless of his race he comes across as a smooth talker, no quality in his speeches just quantity. All the politicians just say what the group in front of them want to hear. Neither one of these guys are going to be good for the American people, much less the Automotive companies. We are all in trouble regardless of who takes the office. Myself I'd vote for Lou Dobbs in a heart beat. Good Luck to us all harder times are ahead of us all.

Well if all are happy with the way this country is being run now, vote for McCain, as for my self I am fed up with Bush economics, now they come up with this BS drilling hoping people fall for this shit and vote for McCain, just check the stats most of all the oil we drill now is sold to China and India at a lower cost than we pay for Saudi oil, we import just as much as we export look at were the trade deficit is compared to 10 years ago simply because the products we import cost more than the products we export, just like beef we are one of the largest beef growers in the world so why in the hell do we sell are beef to Saudi Arabia and buy beef from Japan and what about grain an OPEC country can buy it for less than we can. I say lets have some fair trade they want $140.00 for oil then they can buy a bushel of corn for $140.00 I know this will never happen no matter who is elected but McCain is no different than Bush on trade and our jobs they are slowly turning our great land into a third world country.

So yeah I'm a 41 year old white male married with three kids that’s voting for Obama and will proudly place his sign in my yard I'm not foolish enough to play into the hands of the Republican party, people need to vote their interests and one of ours is the UAW and keeping jobs for our kids and generations to come.

Post Turtle

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Texas rancher, whose hand

was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a

conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama

and his bid to be our President.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post

turtle' was. The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country

road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top,

that's a'post turtle'.'

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued

to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong

up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and you just

wonder what kind of a dumb ass put him up there to begin with.'

With any job that a person applies for they want at least 4 years experience, when my children graduated from college all the well paying jobs wanted 4 to sometimes 6 or 10 years experience.

I was reading the posts here thinking to myself "Just stay out of it....... Just stay out of it........ Just stay out of it......." over and over again, but I have to ask here (for you too Dale143, since you also said something about it):

If one had four years of experience as President of the United States, wouldn't they be an incumbent and not just a candidate?

If they had 6 to 8 years, they would be uneligible to run again.

If they had TEN years of experience, we really need to start worrying because something has gone terribly awry.

So anyway, how do we satisfy those who demand OTJ experience? Neither candidate has experience as President of the United States. None of the prospective candidates in either of the primaries did either. Therefore, by the rationale put forth, neither candidate is fit for the job nor is anyone else for that matter, other than a single term former President. I think there are two of them still alive so we can cover the next eight years unless one or both of them dies within that time frame, at which point we are apparently screwed since there will be no one left with any experience............

Sorry to be so long winded about this and I'm really not trying to piss anyone off, but this is a pet peeve of mine and I don't understand why people think this way. Personally, I am much more likely to vote towards a candidate who has NOT been in Washington for very long as I believe that the longer folks stay there the more out of touch with reality they become.

Like the old saying goes: "Politicians, like underwear, should be changed often, and for the same reasons."

Just my $.02

Post Turtle

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Texas rancher, whose hand

was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a

conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama

and his bid to be our President.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post

turtle' was. The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country

road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top,

that's a'post turtle'.'

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued

to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong

up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and you just

wonder what kind of a dumb ass put him up there to begin with.'

This most likely could be a true story from a Texas rancher, after all he is 75 lives in Bush country got his hand caught in a gate must be somebody from the Bush family or maybe "dubba" he's so ignorant he for got his age after all this prez stuff is hard work! I know their are smart people in Texas, its just to bad the dumb ones stand out go ahead Texas 30 get off the fence post and tell us.

This most likely could be a true story from a Texas rancher, after all he is 75 lives in Bush country got his hand caught in a gate must be somebody from the Bush family or maybe "dubba" he's so ignorant he for got his age after all this prez stuff is hard work! I know their are smart people in Texas, its just to bad the dumb ones stand out go ahead Texas 30 get off the fence post and tell us.

HaHa...............I've got to admit, thats a good comeback. :beerchug:

That being said, let me say this. My dislike for Obama doesn't make me a fan of McCain. The fact that I view Obama as a racist is enough for him not to get my vote. If I take that away (which I will not) the guy IMO is clueless.

Just my 02

PS. think what you want to about us Texxans, we think the same about all of you as well. :bandance:

Edited by texas30

HaHa...............I've got to admit, thats a good comeback. :beerchug:

That being said, let me say this. My dislike for Obama doesn't make me a fan of McCain. The fact that I view Obama as a racist is enough for him not to get my vote. If I take that away (which I will not) the guy IMO is clueless.

Just my 02

PS. think what you want to about us Texxans, we think the same about all of you as well. :bandance:

Texas30 you must be a pretty good person to just laugh it off in good humor I like that, and I'll also admit I lived in McAllen back in the 70's but all joking aside I've heard him called a racist by many differnt races all I know is if Jesse Jackson doesn't like he has to be a good guy because they don't get any more racist than Jesse and Al have a good one peace out :)

Well if all are happy with the way this country is being run now, vote for McCain, as for my self I am fed up with Bush economics, now they come up with this BS drilling hoping people fall for this shit and vote for McCain, just check the stats most of all the oil we drill now is sold to China and India at a lower cost than we pay for Saudi oil, we import just as much as we export look at were the trade deficit is compared to 10 years ago simply because the products we import cost more than the products we export, just like beef we are one of the largest beef growers in the world so why in the hell do we sell are beef to Saudi Arabia and buy beef from Japan and what about grain an OPEC country can buy it for less than we can. I say lets have some fair trade they want $140.00 for oil then they can buy a bushel of corn for $140.00 I know this will never happen no matter who is elected but McCain is no different than Bush on trade and our jobs they are slowly turning our great land into a third world country.

So yeah I'm a 41 year old white male married with three kids that’s voting for Obama and will proudly place his sign in my yard I'm not foolish enough to play into the hands of the Republican party, people need to vote their interests and one of ours is the UAW and keeping jobs for our kids and generations to come.

I agree with you completely and couldn't have said it any better! I will be voting Democratic this November!

My guess would be this. Gas is over $4 a gallon and has the entire econmy in a slump including our very own SUV and truck plants.He wants to drill for oil,lower the price of gas,people start buying trucks again,truck plants go back to work.But I could be wrong.

But the real question is why did our republican leader let gas get to this point? When he took office it was $1.52, maybe he should have become proactive when it double at $3.04. I'm all for drilling this will help the Bush family get even richer, and when fuel is still $4 a gallon a mth after the first drill goes in I want to know how the republicans will spin that? When Clinton was in office I could work 14hrs a day and 7days a week.