What changes are coming for the 2007 MY???

Kool_ZX3

Not a lot, mostley minor stuff and I believe a sport package for the XLT. We are scheduled to run some pre-launch test trucks in April. Still want to see a new motor and trans but I don't think that will happen until 09MY. They may up the tow rating to keep at or above the new tundra. When the launch team comes around I will ask whats coming up.

Not a lot, mostley minor stuff and I believe a sport package for the XLT. We are scheduled to run some pre-launch test trucks in April. Still want to see a new motor and trans but I don't think that will happen until 09MY. They may up the tow rating to keep at or above the new tundra. When the launch team comes around I will ask whats coming up.

I suppose you don't know what's coming for 08MY eh???? :P

I thought that was the refresh year?

Here you go. Launch Update:

Harley Davidson F-150's

HD F150 goes from a s.cab to a crew cab

New side striping and HD 3D raised letter accent on box

available in two-tone ebony and dark amethyst

new HD logo upper seat back emblems

body color door handles

body color mirror skull caps

new exhaust tuning (tips)

4 new colors: dark blue pearl, red fire, pueblo gold and forest green

New F-150 options

4 new colors (see above)

white chocolate tri-coat (Lincoln and Lariat)

tire pressure monitoring system

optional navigation radio system

optional audio input jack

optional next gen. radio and dvd player

improved fuel economy

improved a/c compressor

next gen. ABS system

Mark LT

New color (white chocolate tri-coat)

chrome surrounds on tail lamps

power fold, puddle lamp, memory exterior side mirrors

real wood (ebony) steering wheel ( upper arc)

optional power fold mirrors

optional trailer tow mirror

one touch moon roof

optional Lincoln 6 1/2 box and chrome rails

optional, Lincoln Mark LT monochromatic, with no chrome along the bottom, but a raised 3D Mark LT letter emblem along the door

Edited by DearbornDerek

Alot of people (gm guys) don't believe there is anymore "easy" power to be had in the 5.4L.... This true?

actually the easiest power increase would come from the use of higher octane fuel, like the Hemi uses. A fairly simple recalibration for a 5-10 % increase in HP depending on 89 or 91 octane. But who want to pay more for gas for soemthing you wouldn't notice except on a sales brochure?

Anyway, the F-150 is already faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile than the GM trucks as was recently posted. The F-150 also tows lots more too.

actually the easiest power increase would come from the use of higher octane fuel, like the Hemi uses. A fairly simple recalibration for a 5-10 % increase in HP depending on 89 or 91 octane. But who want to pay more for gas for soemthing you wouldn't notice except on a sales brochure?

Anyway, the F-150 is already faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile than the GM trucks as was recently posted. The F-150 also tows lots more too.

Bad thing is when the tundra and the GMT 900 get here ford is dead last again on HP and torque with nothing new coming down until 08!!

Not true, a friend of mine has a new Sierra with the little 4.8, bone stock, and it's riding on 33" tires which slows you down. It still literally blows the doors off of a F-150 with the 5.4, both supercabs, and 2WD. And the F-150 has stock wheels and tires.

Part of it is the horrible horrible transmission Ford uses which seems to take eons to do anything, and the excess weight of the truck. But the motor is just wheezy, which is strange for a 3 valve V8, I think Ford screwed up the tune in these things real bad. Just look at the 4.6 in the Explorer, it only makes 8 less horsepower.

Not true, a friend of mine has a new Sierra with the little 4.8, bone stock, and it's riding on 33" tires which slows you down. It still literally blows the doors off of a F-150 with the 5.4, both supercabs, and 2WD. And the F-150 has stock wheels and tires.

What you're describing is anecdotal evidence, not fact. The only true way to measure which vehicle "blows the doors off another" is with calibrated acceleration times.

a 5.4 running an aftermarket tuner with 91 octane (or higher) will smoke any factory truck out there (except SRT10)

Also, the GT using the same 5.4 block sees 550 HP.

This engine can get wayyyy more power. It just needs to be massaged a little more.

Maybe Ford can learn a couple of things from VOlvo and start using light pressure turbos (key being light pressure) to add a little bit of grunt.

a 5.4 running an aftermarket tuner with 91 octane (or higher) will smoke any factory truck out there (except SRT10)

Also, the GT using the same 5.4 block sees 550 HP.

The GT uses a different block...maybe the same bore, but different block.

What you're describing is anecdotal evidence, not fact. The only true way to measure which vehicle "blows the doors off another" is with calibrated acceleration times.

Haha, yea, a truck that gets smoked by 5-6 trucklengths in a very short distance is somehow faster or more powerful!!! :rolleyes: All instrumented testing would show is exactly HOW MUCH slower the F-150 is.

Just what is it Ford puts in the Kool Aid around here?

Ford is going to sit on there dead a$$ untill they start losing sales like they did last year and then they'll try to do something about it. The hurracane engine should have allready been here ford is always behind the 8-ball when it comes to HP. And the hemi is starting to sale good and that makes ford want to do something now. And you can do whatever you want to a F-150 outside of a supercharger and your not going to out run a stock dodge hemi PERIOD!

I have had fords all my life but im getting sick and tired of getting my A$$ handed to me on the streets buy the hemi! Ford had better wise up and start doing something or there going to loose more sales to dodge.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I got the spot on the launch team. I will not be working on the 07's though. I will be at the pilot plant working on the 09's :happy feet:

Hey!! You have to let us know if a new Lightning is coming down the line!