FORD ESCAPE EARNS 5-STARS, TOPS TOYOTA AND HONDA COMBINED SAFETY AND FUEL EFFICIENCY RATINGS

range

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a f-ing idiot.

Ok, so maybe it was an uncalled for statement, but is the language really necessary? It seems like every time you log on these days, the language gets more and more vulgar, at least recently.

Edited by NickF1011
If you don't like the language, don't quote it too!! :)

the press release has been updated to include the Escape's ascention to the IIHS Best Pick GOld podium

Escape Achieves IIHS Best Pick Status

- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) named the 2009 Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner and their hybrid models as “Top Safety Picks”.

- Escape and Mariner SUVs also earned the government’s top 5-star crash ratings – topping Toyota RAV-4 in both independent crash tests and beating Honda CR-V in combined crash safety and fuel efficiency ratings.

- Ford has produced more NHTSA 5-star-rated vehicles than any automaker, and more IIHS Top Safety Picks than any other brand.

- Escape also helps Ford equal Honda and Toyota quality by earning a Top Three spot in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Initial Quality StudySM (IQS).

and here's the new press release on the Escape's IIHS Best Pick award and NHTSA's quadruple 5 star rating

LINK

- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) named the 2009 Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner and their hybrid models as “Top Safety Picks”.

- Escape and Mariner SUVs also earned the government’s top 5-star crash ratings – topping Toyota RAV-4 in both independent crash tests and beating Honda CR-V in combined crash safety and fuel efficiency ratings.

- Ford has produced more NHTSA 5-star-rated vehicles than any automaker, and more IIHS Top Safety Picks than any other brand.

- Escape also helps Ford equal Honda and Toyota quality by earning a Top Three spot in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Initial Quality StudySM (IQS).

Yes it was vulgar.

I'm on vacation and after getting back from camping I log on and first thing I see is good news about ford. Stupidly on my part, I forgot that good news about fords is not tolerated here and is always immediately bashed. Within one minute I logged on, read yet another negatard post, fired a shitty response and logged off.

Right, wrong or indifferent, I'm sick and tired of that asshole and others like him continually bashing ford.

Someone must REALLY have no life if all they want to do every day is to log onto a forum about something they don't like and be a shit disturber.

Hmm, I think I'll go to the bother of finding/registering/posting continually on a site about something I don't like. :headscratch:

There are several others on here that do the same.

And as for the "well don't come here" mentality, I AM a ford fan and I do go to several ford specific sites. This is one where sometimes I can get the latest news about a product I like.

It's to the point now though, I read the opening statement and sometimes the whole first page, but that's about it as by the second page it is all bickering and fighting/bashing.

Was it vulgar? Yes it was. Do I apologize? Not F*CKING LIKELY! I stand by my statement that he is nothing more than a shit disturber whose whole intent on being here is to be negative and drive people away. I do post less on here and do read less on here so I guess he is being somewhat successfull eh? Perhaps when there is only negatards left on here they can change the name to "Blue oval sucks".

Excellent! Congratulations to Ford and staff for putting its resources where it counts and making their products excellent! Substantial engineering improvements do not need to wait for complete overhauls!

Edited by BORG

Yes it was vulgar.

I'm on vacation and after getting back from camping I log on and first thing I see is good news about ford. Stupidly on my part, I forgot that good news about fords is not tolerated here and is always immediately bashed. Within one minute I logged on, read yet another negatard post, fired a shitty response and logged off.

Right, wrong or indifferent, I'm sick and tired of that a$$hole and others like him continually bashing ford.

Someone must REALLY have no life if all they want to do every day is to log onto a forum about something they don't like and be a sh!t disturber.

Hmm, I think I'll go to the bother of finding/registering/posting continually on a site about something I don't like. :headscratch:

There are several others on here that do the same.

And as for the "well don't come here" mentality, I AM a ford fan and I do go to several ford specific sites. This is one where sometimes I can get the latest news about a product I like.

It's to the point now though, I read the opening statement and sometimes the whole first page, but that's about it as by the second page it is all bickering and fighting/bashing.

Was it vulgar? Yes it was. Do I apologize? Not F*CKING LIKELY! I stand by my statement that he is nothing more than a shit disturber whose whole intent on being here is to be negative and drive people away. I do post less on here and do read less on here so I guess he is being somewhat successfull eh? Perhaps when there is only negatards left on here they can change the name to "Blue oval sucks".

Relevant parts highlighted. He has an interesting sig as well...:

Negatards should be shot and pissed on, yes this is you MLHM5,fordlol,pioneer,snooter

I am just glad I am not in that mix.

He should be banned for two weeks.

Very mature Nick.

You've been warned about turning threads into debates about how this board is moderated.

This is, P, your final warning. Your presence here is tolerated. Don't forget that. It is tolerated. If you complain one more time about how this board is moderated, you will be banned.

For absolute clarity, P, and for reference, the following constitutes 'complaints about moderation':

- references to your suspension

- references to enforcement of the TOS

- asserting that there is a double-standard in enforcement

- asserting that you are being made a target

These restrictions will be in place for the next three months, P. If you so much as ONCE bring these subjects up, you will be summarily banned from this site.

---

For those of you who consider these restrictions harsh, I speak for myself, Nick, and Robert, when I say that a certain amount of criticism will be tolerated. But we cannot allow threads to continually degrade into a debate about how this board is moderated--be it our practices in general or our treatment of individuals in particular. Additionally, this individual has already been suspended for causing problems on this board.

Edited by RichardJensen