FORD ESCAPE EARNS 5-STARS, TOPS TOYOTA AND HONDA COMBINED SAFETY AND FUEL EFFICIENCY RATINGS

range

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, I don't want to offend you MLHM, but I think your post is somewhat negative. Could you please refrain from posting about ford in a less-than-optimistic outlook. Not that I want to curtail your freedoms or right to free speach in any way, I would prefer not not have my morale depleted by what I consider offensive material.

Again, no disrespect to you or your kind, whatever they may be, or disrespect intended to anything you truely care for, I just would request you do so in return.

Everybody ready for the big hug? good, I feel so much better...........

Well one thing is for sure...I would have been banned for typing what he did...hell I WAS banned...for supposedly typing things that were FAR less abrasive than that.

c'mon now. no revisionist history. You didn't say "one thing" You said several things that basically painted you as an arsehole.

THAT IS WHY YOU WERE BANNED

Now, do us a favor. Keep being an arsehole. Keep challenging RJ on the TOS. Most of us here can't wait to see you banned again.

Gee, I don't want to offend you MLHM, but I think your post is somewhat negative. Could you please refrain from posting about ford in a less-than-optimistic outlook. Not that I want to curtail your freedoms or right to free speach in any way, I would prefer not not have my morale depleted by what I consider offensive material.

Again, no disrespect to you or your kind, whatever they may be, or disrespect intended to anything you truely care for, I just would request you do so in return.

Everybody ready for the big hug? good, I feel so much better...........

LMAO!

c'mon now. no revisionist history. You didn't say "one thing" You said several things that basically painted you as an arsehole.

THAT IS WHY YOU WERE BANNED

Now, do us a favor. Keep being an arsehole. Keep challenging RJ on the TOS. Most of us here can't wait to see you banned again.

The above issue is closed...for everyone.

That interior shot of the Cruze (dumb name by the way) sure looks alot like the new Fiesta interior :shades:

post-25287-1219407270_thumb.jpg

chevycruzeint_lg.jpg

I never noticed how similar they are.

What in the world?!?!?!?

I THOUGHT we were supposed to be discussing the "class leading" 2009 Escape/Mariner/Tribute and how well they compare to the competition on safety and fuel economy.

I guess that topic must be in another thread somewhere.

Unfortunately, this is what always happens to good threads. A choice few come in............. and the next thing you know, the thread has gone to hell.

I thought it was a great topic............... when it was on topic.

Don't worry, there's like 2 or 3 other topics that are just like this one.

Edited by rmc523

Well, I wanted to take a look at the new Mazda 6 (great car, another story) and low and behold there was a 2009 Tribute Hybrid there (and no I'm not getting another car, I was bored waiting for the G to get an oil change).

Anyhow, it struck me as a great vehicle. I had a few issues with the interior quality but honestly the RAV4 that I had for a rental a month ago was just as bad. Braking was pretty responsive, it just required a bit more engagement than what I'm used to. That said after a day or two in these vehicles, and you should be more than used to it. The engine shutoff/engagement was smooth, and it seemed fairly peppy.

Overall good car. The fuel economy, convenience features (SYNC/Ford's new NAV), safety and performance enhancements should make this a continued success for Ford.