How this Presidential Election WILL affect the UAW or any Union.

When clinton lied no one died. Bush should be arrested and held on murder charges. Over 4000 us troops killed. And as for the rest of the silly americans that want to fight (mccain is still fighting vietnam) go for it. just don't use my money or my kids for your sick way of thinking. Even daddy bush said we shouldn't have invaded iraq.

You have got to me the most ignorant person. Basically You said "the silly americans that want to fight" What about those 4,000 troops that were killed, they believed in what they were doing. Were they silly americans. You should be ashamed of what you wrote.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone on this site who is supposed to be an Employee whether Hourly or Salary must look at what each candidate will do.

McCain

Will continue to endorse and give tax breaks to Companies who ship or jobs overseas.

Will continue to be a good ole boy and give tax breaks to the rich (over $250,000 per year salary).

Will continue the war with Iraq until we find those Nukes.

Will not increase aid to our returning and injured soldiers

Will not increase troops in Afghanistan where the real terrorist plan attacks.

Will continue to let illegal’s take our jobs and undermine the legal working class.

Will expand worker visas to continue to drive down American wages

Will continue to fight increases in minimum wage.

Will continue to give huge tax subsidies to oil companies.

Will continue to defend oil companies.

WILL SIGN THE SOUTH KOREAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Good bye big three autoworkers).

Will continue to try and get rid of social security.

Will continue to pander to insurance and pharmaceutical companies and ignore cries for national health care

Will continue Bush’s agenda and get rid of overtime.

Will continue to ignore the federal budget deficit which is around 3 trillion now!

Will continue to ignore useful data like the ever increasing trade deficit.

Obama

Will not raise taxes if you make fewer than 250,000 per year.

Will fix Nafta

Will veto the South Korean free trade agreement (US autoworkers jobs saved)

Will increase aid to our returning troops.

Will cut worker visas in half

Will continue to get all minimum wage Americans to a real living wage

Cut tax breaks and oil subsidies to oil companies

Will embrace and fix social security

Will have an exit strategy and pull out of Iraq

NATIONAL HEALTH CARE (easy to fund, just as easy to fund as a 2.5 trillion dollar war)

Does not choke on the word "Union" or "collective bargaining"

Will not even discuss taking away our overtime.

Make a fair playing field on trade and this will fix our trade deficit.

Stop our jobs from going overseas which will fix our federal budget.

It makes me laugh inside when I read these forums and everyone complains about concessions and give aways when all you have to do is look at your President and wonder why the US auto companies are hurting. The company and unions can not compete with Chinese, Mexican and South Korean wages. The Republicans don't give a s#@t about working people. Elect another Republican and watch this contry go into a deep ressesion.

Dont even talk about guns, abortion or gays..............Those issues hide what the Republicans really want and that is to keep you uneducated on the real issues stated above.

God bless OBAMA.............

From factcheck.org

From CNN's Josh Levs

Did Obama vote to raise taxes more than 90 times?

The statement:

"He said he won't raise taxes for most people, but he's voted 94 times in his short Senate career for tax increases and against tax cuts."

-Sen. John McCain, at a campaign stop in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Friday Sept. 19, 2008

Check out the facts after the jump!

The facts:

The effort to convince voters that Sen. Barack Obama would support higher taxes is a central part of Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign. McCain and the Republican National Committee have repeatedly cited 94 alleged votes by Obama to bolster their argument.

Factcheck.org, a non-partisan project of the University of Pennsylvania's Annenberg Public Policy Center, pieced through records to determine just what these 94 votes were. Key findings:

-23 were against proposed tax cuts

-7 were "for measures that would have lowered taxes for many, while raising them on a relative few, either corporations or affluent individuals"

-11 were to increase taxes on people making more than $1 million a year, to help fund programs such as Head Start, school nutrition, or veterans' health care

-53 were votes on budget resolutions or amendments that "could not have resulted by themselves in raising taxes," though many "were clear statements of approval for increased taxes"

- The total includes multiple votes on the same measures

Annenberg says a close look at the record reveals that Obama has "voted consistently to restore higher tax rates on upper-income taxpayers but not on middle- or low-income workers."

Verdict:

Misleading. McCain's summary ignores the fact that some of the votes were for measures to lower taxes for many Americans, while increasing them for a much smaller number of taxpayers. A nonpartisan examination also finds that the 94 total includes multiple votes on the same measures and budget votes that would not directly lead to higher taxes.

You have got to me the most ignorant person. Basically You said "the silly americans that want to fight" What about those 4,000 troops that were killed, they believed in what they were doing. Were they silly americans. You should be ashamed of what you wrote.

Wow, straight from the Republican spin doctors.

If you spent any time in the military, you would realize that those 4000 troops that died were following orders, whether they agreed with the politics or not. It is not their job to bitch, it is their job to complete the mission. Our jobs, as American citizens, is to fight for them. Do not even think to tie politics and the American service members' honor together.

YOU should be ashamed of what you wrote.

BTW, if you're for this war, why haven't you volunteered? It sure is easy for people like you to support a war that doesn't directly affect you.

I support the troops 100%. Always have and always will. But Bush should go to jail for the 4000 that lost their life. This war is as bad as vietnam. Why don't you get with bush, mccain and the rest who do not value life and go fight. Its a shame and a crime that many who joined the military to serve their country have been so misused and abused.

Wow, straight from the Republican spin doctors.

If you spent any time in the military, you would realize that those 4000 troops that died were following orders, whether they agreed with the politics or not. It is not their job to bitch, it is their job to complete the mission. Our jobs, as American citizens, is to fight for them. Do not even think to tie politics and the American service members' honor together.

YOU should be ashamed of what you wrote.

BTW, if you're for this war, why haven't you volunteered? It sure is easy for people like you to support a war that doesn't directly affect you.

See another ignorant comment MY HUSBAND IS IN THE MILITARY. So it does effect me. His brother and father were in it. So next time ask questions don't just assume it doesn't effect someone. And you should talk to some military people and they do BELIEVE in what they are doing and the changes they are doing over there DON'T JUST BELIEVE WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS TO YOU!!!

See another ignorant comment MY HUSBAND IS IN THE MILITARY. So it does effect me. His brother and father were in it. So next time ask questions don't just assume it doesn't effect someone. And you should talk to some military people and they do BELIEVE in what they are doing and the changes they are doing over there DON'T JUST BELIEVE WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS TO YOU!!!

I don't just believe the media. It's about principal. We invaded a soveriegn nation without provocation. I'm not saying ousting and executing Hussein was wrong, it just wasn't our responsibility. Also, the real fight is in Afganistan and Pakistan. Al Queda used Iraq as a diversion while rebuilding their forces elsewhere. Yeah, we're making a difference in a country that was never a threat, meanwhile the real threat is hitting us elsewhere.

As to military people believing in this war, they are supposed to. Like I said in my previous post, it's up to them to complete the mission and it's up to us to complain for them.

Bottom line, that region of the world hates us. Under Reagan, they feared us, so they left us alone. Because of Bush's piss poor response to 9/11, they have grown more ballsy.

Iraq was a collasal blunder. It is an unwinnable war because there is no set goal. Democracy? In a nation where people kill people because they worship differently? Give me a break. They've been killing each other since the beginning of civilization and now we think we can change their minds?

When clinton lied no one died. Bush should be arrested and held on murder charges. Over 4000 us troops killed. And as for the rest of the silly americans that want to fight (mccain is still fighting vietnam) go for it. just don't use my money or my kids for your sick way of thinking. Even daddy bush said we shouldn't have invaded iraq.

I'm so sick of hearing that old line too... "When Clinton lied no one died"

Don't you think that excuse is getting a little too old? And since when did this discussion of the topic at hand is evolving into another discussion about the war?

Face it... The UAW's days are numbered! Why? Because they have so heavily evolved into some political action group and so far strayed away from it's core fundamentals. It's no wonder they are losing members left and right on a day by day basis. People are fed up with the way it's run now and these people are backing the same group of motherfuckers again that continue to sell them out. Don't these people realize that there is no difference between a Democrat and a Republican anymore anyway? :banghead:

The only things the UAW in it's present form represent are money and politics. Plain and simple; They sure as hell don't give a god damn about the rank and file and if they do. It's only a privledged, hand-picked select few they do.

I don't just believe the media. It's about principal. We invaded a soveriegn nation without provocation. I'm not saying ousting and executing Hussein was wrong, it just wasn't our responsibility. Also, the real fight is in Afganistan and Pakistan. Al Queda used Iraq as a diversion while rebuilding their forces elsewhere. Yeah, we're making a difference in a country that was never a threat, meanwhile the real threat is hitting us elsewhere.

As to military people believing in this war, they are supposed to. Like I said in my previous post, it's up to them to complete the mission and it's up to us to complain for them.

Bottom line, that region of the world hates us. Under Reagan, they feared us, so they left us alone. Because of Bush's piss poor response to 9/11, they have grown more ballsy.

Iraq was a collasal blunder. It is an unwinnable war because there is no set goal. Democracy? In a nation where people kill people because they worship differently? Give me a break. They've been killing each other since the beginning of civilization and now we think we can change their minds?

See that is a better response I never voted for Bush in either election. My whole response to the" end of time guy" that made the comment about silly americans fighting the war was ignorant and that all I said . I never mentioned the election in that post.

Man I recalled the 1993 shooting down of a Black Hawk helicopter by Somali miltiamen during a failed U.S. operation to hunt down warlords. Dead American troops being dragged through the streets.

Waco occurred under Bill Clinton. It was very badly mismanaged. More than 20 children died.

Man I recalled the 1993 shooting down of a Black Hawk helicopter by Somali miltiamen during a failed U.S. operation to hunt down warlords. Dead American troops being dragged through the streets.

Yeah...I remember the bodies of 4 Blackwater contractors being drug through the streets of Fallujah in '04. All over the news...