How this Presidential Election WILL affect the UAW or any Union.

Sorry your misinformed speculation is the only reason gas $4.00 a gallon, congress says they are going to go after speculators betting on oil futures and oil goes down $40 dollars a barrel in less then 2 months. Even after we shut down all oil rigs in the gulf because of the hurricanes and there still not up and running and we have a draw on oil reserves every week since they said they were going after these hedge funds.If you want to come at me get your facts straight,only people that use oil should be allowed in the market to hedge against there position this is how it has been for the last 50 years until the GOD DAMN REPUBLICANS WANTED TO DEREGULATE EVERYTHING IN THE MARKET. If want to get your congress involved go to this web page http://capwiz.com/sosnow/issues/bills/

Just want to know have you guys driven the worlds best built cars.......PERIOD. Have you driven a FORD lately.. I have and yes they are awsome.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reid and Pelose want to help out the AUTO INDUSTRY. With what low cost loans? To the company? They could help out the auto industry by letting us drill off-shore for oil to increase the world supply which would lower the demand which lowers the price. Simple economics.

They're the ones that passed an energy bill which raised the fuel standards of all autos being made in the US. What's that do for your F-150's, SUV's, etc.

If gas was still $2.00/gallon, everybody would still be working. But that's what they ran on in Nov. 2006 was to LOWER the gas prices. NOT! The way they're going, gas will be $7.00/gallon.

And here's another thought, Nancy Pelosi and her husband own a lot of hotel and restaurant chains in California. Do you really think their employees are UNION? Probably at least making minimum wage.

And Scarey Harry Reid - the only reason he's for union workers is beause he represents a union town, Las Vegas and he's from a little town outside of Vegas, Searchlight.

Keep drinking your union Kool-Aid and keep paying your union dues so they can give it to the worthless democrats that preach that they're for workers but do everything to hurt workers. Open your eyes and read for yourself and quit listening to the cronies.

If you work for Ford, Ford pays you, not the union, unless you would be a union rep.

And I won't have to tell the wife and kids I don't have a job because I'm retired.

I'm all for less government in my life. I prefer to make my own decisions and make my own way - I'd prefer not to have to depend on a union or the government for my next meal.

Can't you guys come up with something new besides drinking the Kool-Aid, your starting to sound allot like Sarah Palin "Thanks But No thanks for the Bridge to Nowhere" the only line she knows.

And as far as Union Dues, that is not used for politics that is what V-CAP is for, Voluntary Community Action Program, read it well, Notice the word Voluntary you don't have to give to it, I get tired of hearing people on here and at the plant saying they used my money for somebody I don't support, well you know what Labor has backed Democrat's for years so if you give to V-CAP and you don't like it, thats your stupidity.

And if you were hourly and your retired I bet you like getting that union Negotiated Pension, and if you were salary your wages and pension would not be what they are if it weren't for the UAW negotiating are contracts for us over the years.

Well put, thanks.

Oh and you nailed it Harry Reid and useless Pelosi

:stirpot:

545 PEOPLE

By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing yo u that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a natio n of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they < /SPAN>alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

The only probelm with this solution is that We as a nation voted them into office in the first place.

I use to think that the weakest part of our Constitution was the second amendment. You know what the media has twisted that into. I now believe the weakest part of the Consitution is in the Pre-amblem. We the people caused this mess and have nobody to blame but ourselves. :banghead:

REID AND PELOSI, are the ones that want to help out the auto indrustry with low cost loans which bush is threating to veto.

VOTE REPUBLICAN (HERE I WILL HAND YOU THE KNIFE SO YOU CAN CUT YOUR OWN THROAT AND THEN YOU CAN GO HOME WHEN YOU FORD GOES UNDER YOU CAN EXPLAIN TO YOUR KIDS & WIFE YOU CAN'T PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE GOOD JOB)!!!!!!!!!!!

Here take the knife, WTF, We have had both Democrat and Republican Presidents. Congress controlled by both parties. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. Explain to me what congress has done that has benefited me this last 4 yrs. Pelosi is not for the auto companies or is Reid. She is against offshore drilling.(SAVE THE PLANET) Do you really think the Auto Industry would be in this mess if gas was $2.00 gal. I am unemployed thanks to Congress, Bush, Clinton, unfair trade, people buying imports. How about our elected officials give up their vehicle allowances and gas stipends and pay $4 and $5 a gallon for gas out of their pockets like the rest of us do. Think that might change their minds a little about drilling now? You did know that they don't pay for their gas. We lost 3.4 million manufacturing jobs, and our trade deficit with China grew to a record $1.1 trillion dollars, all while Michigans unemployment rate climbed to 7.6 percent. Last year U.S. automakers sold 9,723 vehicles in Korea out of 1.2 million total sales. Meanwhile, Korean automakers sold nearly 773,000 vehicles in the United States. Yup seems fair to me.

http://politicalinquirer.com/2007/10/30/de...n-nancy-pelosi/

It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages."

"There is one rule for industrialists and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wages possible.

Henry Ford

Sorry your misinformed speculation is the only reason gas $4.00 a gallon, congress says they are going to go after speculators betting on oil futures and oil goes down $40 dollars a barrel in less then 2 months.

Nonsense! there were two factors that led to oil prices coming down and Pelosi and Reid had nothing to do with it.

1) Higher prices caused Americans to drive less= less demand.

2 Bush lifted the executive order banning drilling and a majority of congress and the American people favor drilling.

Less demand and more supply and the speculators figure the price will drop so they get out of the market.

By the way, this is the Democrats real energy plan, they figure if they do nothing the price of gas will rise and demand will fall as you drive less. So what's the problem with this plan? the problem is we won't have jobs because by the time this happens the domestic auto industry wil be gone.

I hear how Obama has a plan to pay for this or that... well most of that plan calls for taxing the rich or corporations and I just heard that Obama's backpeddling on that now. Some of his economists must have reminded him that you don't raise taxes in a recession.

Edited by mulewright

Nonsense! there were two factors that led to oil prices coming down and Pelosi and Reid had nothing to do with it.

2 Bush lifted the executive order banning drilling and a majority of congress and the American people favor drilling.

Less demand and more supply and the speculators figure the price will drop so they get out of the market.

By the way, this is the Democrats real energy plan, they figure if they do nothing the price of gas will rise and demand will fall as you drive less. So what's the problem with this plan? the problem is we won't have jobs because by the time this happens the domestic auto industry wil be gone.

I hear how Obama has a plan to pay for this or that... well most of that plan calls for taxing the rich or corporations and I just heard that Obama's backpeddling on that now. Some of his economists must have reminded him that you don't raise taxes in a recession.

You need to get your facts straight just cause its down in the us has nothing to do with the fact that demand is up through out the world/global demand is up!!!!!! Have you ever heard of trading in swaps I bet you haven't its when you don't have to have the margin to back your trade in the oil pits without regulation, in the stock market you need $1 to move around $1 in stock.

But IN THE COMMIDITY MARKET YOU ONLY NEED $1 TO BE ABLE TO MOVE AROUND $50 IN CONTRACTS YOU BUFFOON!!!!!!!!!!! Here all these experts agree with me lets see who agrees with you!

Fadel Gheit, senior energy analyst for Oppenheimer said, "Oil prices are dropping because they are inflated. You cannot sustain an artificial price forever. At the end of the day supply-demand fundamentals will take over." BusinessWeek, 9/3/08

Stephen Schork, an energy consultant in Villanova, PA and editor of The Schork Report said, "A few months ago it was all about Chinese demand. But a lot of the strength [in oil's price] was hype and hot air." BusinessWeek, 9/3/08

A Palm Beach Post editorial said, "The news didn't get enough attention, but there's now confirmation that speculation helped drive the price of oil to record levels, destroying jobs, changing travel plans and affecting the presidential campaign in the process." Palm Beach Post, 9/2/08

"Speculative investment increased from $13 billion in 2003 to $260 billion this year. Yet for weeks, the Commodity Future Trades Commission denied any link between speculation and the higher prices that were roiling world economies. But last week, The Washington Post reported the commission's finding that in July a single speculator held 11 percent of all contracts on the supposedly regulated New York market. The commission also found that 81 percent of all the New York contracts were held by investment banks speculating for clients or themselves. Now we know why analysts for those firms kept predicting that oil prices would rise." Palm Beach Post editorial, 9/2/08

A Philadelphia Inquirer editorial said, "Commodities markets allow commercial buyers of goods such as energy products to lock in a price now for delivery later. But speculators are treating commodities like stocks. They're not interested in taking delivery of oil after they "buy" it; they're just interested in making a profit by the time they resell it. This habit creates artificial demand, driving up the price." Philadelphia Inquirer, 9/2/08

"The findings by the commodities commission about speculators' cornering the oil futures market is all the more reason to approve a Senate bill that calls for increased regulation of commodities trading. The legislation would give regulators at the commission discretion to step in when needed, without disrupting markets. The details of such trading is often hidden, negotiated by parties who don't need to disclose them. Greater oversight of this sector of the economy should limit the chances of speculators making everyone else pay at the pump." Philadelphia Inquirer editorial, 9/2/08

Stephen Schork, the editor of energy-market newsletter the Schork Report "Oil is a bubble today. It wasn't a bubble three years ago. The price action we're seeing now is a clear indication there's still air in this balloon to be let out." Wall Street Journal, 9/2/08

"There is plenty of evidence to indicate that excessive speculation in the energy futures market has, at least to some extent, contributed to major increases in oil prices over the last few years. While there is always the risk of going too far with good intentions and making the market worse for oil prices, I think the latest proposals to rein in speculation make a lot of sense." - Rod Nofziger, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association. Land Line Magazine 8/5/08.

"This reclassification issue highlights the fact that improvements are still needed in the area of data collection and that the agency does not yet have the comprehensive data we need to make any declarative statements about the overall role of speculators in commodity markets," said Democratic CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton. Reuters 8/5/08.

"High prices have largely been down to speculation but are hard to justify in the short term as reserves are not as low as many suggest and prices do not need to be high to be profitable." - Ian Henderson, JPM Natural Resources. Citywire 8/5/08.

"Proposals in the U.S. Congress to limit speculation in futures markets also had spooked some investors who had been long -- or bullish -- on oil. Analysts say many investors, including hedge funds, were now short -- betting on lower prices -- of oil, using listed exchange traded funds, or ETFs" - Reuters 8/5/08.

"Some people say that buying oil futures cannot affect prices because someone else is always selling. But then if that were true, no price would ever change. Concentrated buying has to affect the market price for oil." - Ben Stein. Yahoo Finance 08/4/08.

"We must crack down on speculation in the oil market and close the ''Enron Loophole.'' Analysts estimate that $25 of the price of a barrel of oil is due to speculation and manipulation in energy commodities." - Sam Bennett. The Morning Call 8/3/08.

"Speculators are playing a role. I fear it is a significant amount of speculation." - Michael Greenberger, former director of Trading and Markets for the CFTC. Detroit Free Press 8/7/08.

"Excess speculation in commodities markets has ruthlessly driven prices up."

- Paul Goulding, Chairman of the North Dakota Petroleum Marketers Association. The Bismarck Tribune 8/6/08.

Proving that speculation is responsible for higher prices is always difficult, because it tends to occur against a background of strong fundamentals. However, there is considerable evidence that strongly indicates rampant speculation in today's oil markets. One key sign is the documented change in the character of oil trading, with speculators (i.e., financial institutions and hedge funds) now accounting for 70% of trades, up from 37% seven years ago." -- Dr. Thomas Palley, Economist, RGE Monitor, 8/27/08.

"With regard to market fundamentals, there have been no changes in demand and supply conditions that explain the scale of the unanticipated jump in oil prices. Moreover, the actual behavior of oil prices is consistent with speculation. In June, oil prices leapt by $11 in one day, and in July they fell back by $15 in three days. Such volatility does not fit a fundamentals-driven market." -- Dr. Thomas Palley, Economist, RGE Monitor, 8/27/08.

Chief investment officer at Vitale, Caturano & Company Jeffrey Korzenik said, "But the distorting effects of index speculation are particularly insidious because they undermine confidence in the ability of markets to set a proper price for a commodity. Without confidence that prices are "real," producers won't increase production appropriately, and policymakers can't weigh trade-offs. Fortunately, there are proven regulatory fixes for this problem. One is to strengthen rules that limit the participation of speculators. Congress, through its oversight of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, has the authority to do just that, and must address this critical issue." Boston Globe 8/21/08

Jamie Py, the president of the Maine Oil Dealers Association said, "We don't know who the speculators are. What if it's a sovereign fund of Iraq or Iran? It could be that they're in there to injure the economy of the U.S." Seacoast Online, 8/20/08

Thomas Palley, a former chief economist with the U.S. - China Economic and Security Review Commissions said, "With regard to market fundamentals, there have been no changes in demand and supply conditions that explain the scale of the unanticipated jump in oil prices. Moreover, the actual behavior of oil prices is consistent with speculation." The Canberra Times 8/19/08

William Berg, president of Sigma Investment Management in Portland, Oregon said, "The recent bull run in commodities was based more on investment demand than the fundamentals of the world economy." San Francisco Chronicle, 8/18/08

Philip Gotthelf, president of Equidex, a New Jersey commodities trading firm said, "Did you see a huge increase in use of petroleum products? No. Did peak oil happen? No. We didn't have a crisis that warranted this $150 oil." San Francisco Chronicle 8/18/08

Mike Greenberg, a trader at Goldman Sachs said, "These speculators sell oil contracts back-and-forth to each other simply to inflate the price and reap windfalls." The Syracuse Post Standard, 8/18/08

"There is plenty of evidence to indicate that excessive speculation in the energy futures market has, at least to some extent, contributed to major increases in oil prices over the last few years. While there is always the risk of going too far with good intentions and making the market worse for oil prices, I think the latest proposals to rein in speculation make a lot of sense." - Rod Nofziger, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association. Land Line Magazine 08/05/08

"This reclassification issue highlights the fact that improvements are still needed in the area of data collection and that the agency does not yet have the comprehensive data we need to make any declarative statements about the overall role of speculators in commodity markets," said Democratic CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton. Reuters 08/05/08

"High prices have largely been down to speculation but are hard to justify in the short term as reserves are not as low as many suggest and prices do not need to be high to be profitable." - Ian Henderson, JPM Natural Resources. Citywire 08/05/08

"Proposals in the U.S. Congress to limit speculation in futures markets also had spooked some investors who had been long -- or bullish -- on oil.

Analysts say many investors, including hedge funds, were now short -- betting on lower prices -- of oil, using listed exchange traded funds, or ETFs" - Reuters 08/05/08

"Some people say that buying oil futures cannot affect prices because someone else is always selling. But then if that were true, no price would ever change. Concentrated buying has to affect the market price for oil." - Ben Stein. Yahoo Finance 08/04/08

"We must crack down on speculation in the oil market and close the ''Enron Loophole.'' Analysts estimate that $25 of the price of a barrel of oil is due to speculation and manipulation in energy commodities." - Sam Bennett. The Morning Call 08/03/08

"The Reid legislation provides mission-critical support to energy market oversight, and will help uncover manipulation, excessive speculation, and most importantly, protect American consumers and businesses," CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton told Dow Jones Newswires. "Once this legislation becomes law, which I hope is soon, I believe the success window for more economically sensible oil prices will become a much more achievable goal." 7/16/08

"Recently, spot prices have risen far above the marginal cost of production and far-out, forward contracts have risen much faster than spot prices. Price charts have taken on a parabolic shape which is characteristic of bubbles in the making," said George Soros. Soros Fund Management, Testimony before Senate Commerce Committee 6/3/08

"What is clear is that the vast majority of Index Speculators do not trade based on the underlying supply and demand fundamentals of the individual physical commodities. Therefore, their trading decisions damage the price discovery function of the commodities futures markets. Testimony of Michael G. Masters, Managing Member and Portfolio Manager, Masters Capital Management, L.L.C. 6/23/08

"We...note quite simply that there has been a long-term trending flow of buying into this market that has greatly expanded open interest and trading volume...we only see higher prices as undermining the fundamentals...making it that more difficult to pin the record prices on a fundamental cause," said Tim Evans, Citi Futures Perspective, "PM Energy News & Views" 6/5/08

"Commodities futures prices are the benchmark for the prices of actual physical commodities, so when index speculators drive futures prices higher, the effects are felt immediately in spot prices and the real economy. So there is a direct link between commodities futures prices and the prices your constituents are paying for essential goods." - Michael Masters, Managing Member and Portfolio Manager, Masters Capital Management, L.L.C., The Hill 6/17/08

"I firmly believe that major investment banks, commodity index funds, and other financial speculators have played a key role in the current crude oil price bubble." Testimony of Fadel Gheit, Managing Director and Senior Oil Analyst, Oppenheimer Equity Research 6/23/08

"Our conclusion from this study is that we are seeing the classic ingredients of an asset bubble." Lehman Brothers, "Energy Special Report" 5/29/08

"As oil prices reach another all-time high, industry and policymakers must take decisive action to address the volatility and unrelenting rise in fuel prices. Reform and transparency in the energy commodity futures market represents a necessary step toward bringing the price of oil in line with supply and demand." - Glenn Tilton, Chairman, President and CEO, United Airlines. CNN Money 6/17/08

"There may now be upwards of $25-$30 of speculation in the price of crude, which continue to soar despite growing stockpiles in the U.S." MF Global Energy Risk Management Group, "We're in Shipped Shape" 5/9/08

"I do not believe the current record crude oil price is justified by market fundamentals of supply and demand. I believe the surge in crude oil price, which more than doubled in the last 12 months, was mainly due to excessive speculation and not due to an unexpected shift in market fundamentals." Testimony of Fadel Gheit, Managing Director and Senior Oil Analyst, Oppenheimer Equity Research 6/23/08

"The increasing prevalence of futures contracts has transformed the nature of oil markets. It is no longer only about the value of oil as an energy commodity, but also... oil as a financial asset." Goldman Sachs, "Energy Roundup: Oil Bulls Take Charge" 10/19/07

"Commodities futures markets exist solely for the benefit of bona fide physical hedgers, the producers and consumers of actual physical commodities. These markets do not exist for the purpose of speculation." Testimony of Michael G. Masters, Managing Member and Portfolio Manager, Masters Capital Management, L.L.C. 6/23/08

"What has driven the market so far, in our view, is that such a high percentage of the speculative trade has become aligned in one direction." Citi Futures Perspective 6/12/08

John Hofmeister, President, Shell Oil Co...pegged the proper range [of oil] "somewhere between $35 and $65 a barrel." Bloomberg 5/22/08

"...we are seeing the classic ingredients of an asset bubble...Larger allocations by institutional investors...desiring to increase their commodity exposure, play a role." Lehman Brothers, "Energy Special Report" 5/29/08

"Unfortunately, Wall Street is not good at foreseeing the long-term consequences of the instruments that they create. We have to look no further than the recent subprime debacle, which has now grown into a worldwide financial crisis, to see where unbridled financial innovation can lead." Testimony of Michael G. Masters, Managing Member and Portfolio Manager, Masters Capital Management, L.L.C. 6/23/08

"Large investment banks keep fanning the fire by making exaggerated oil price predictions that they believe they can help achieve, given the government's inability or unwillingness to hold them accountable." Testimony of Fadel Gheit, Managing Director and Senior Oil Analyst, Oppenheimer Equity Research 6/23/08

"Now that oil has in effect become a new asset class, we should make sure to have the right regulatory framework, and make sure that we do not give incentives to invest in one asset class over the others, be it through regulatory loopholes or a lower transaction costs such as margin calls." Testimony of Roger Diwan, Partner and Head of Financial Advisory, PFC Energy 6/23/08

"There is a loophole in American energy regulation that permits oil speculators to use foreign commodities exchanges to drive prices far above what they should be in a normal, free-market situation," said Gerry Ramm. Inland Oil Co. Washington Oil Marketers Association (WOMA) Press Release 5/29/08

"Excessive speculation on energy-trading facilities is the fuel that is driving this runaway train in crude oil prices." - Gerry Ramm, President of Inland Oil. Money and Markets 6/6/08

"[C]ombined

CHECK THIS SITE MAYBE YOU CAN SEE WHO'S FIGHTING TO GET THESE GAMBLERS OUT OF THE MARKET!!!!!!! DEMS OR REPUBS http://www.stopoilspeculationnow.com/

Edited by daytrader millionaire

Commodity speculation is a game created by the rich to benefit the rich at the expense of the working middle class.

This election will have no effect on the UAW regardless of the winner.

MULERIGHT I AM WAITING TO SEE YOU POST SOME FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM!!!!!!!!! Hell I was one of these speculators and made alot of money trading in the option pits 4 years ago before every hedge fund and there mother got in the market and started to really control the market very wild upswings and downswings. If you really care about what you say. everyone should go to this site just for the fact that you can learn some real important facts and be able to contact your congress man/women and at least see which bills there sponsoring and backing and you will see that most are democrats that are trying to make a change. http://capwiz.com/sosnow/issues/bills/

MULERIGHT I AM WAITING TO SEE YOU POST SOME FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM!!!!!!!!! Hell I was one of these speculators and made alot of money trading in the option pits 4 years ago before every hedge fund and there mother got in the market and started to really control the market very wild upswings and downswings. If you really care about what you say. everyone should go to this site just for the fact that you can learn some real important facts and be able to contact your congress man/women and at least see which bills there sponsoring and backing and you will see that most are democrats that are trying to make a change. http://capwiz.com/sosnow/issues/bills/

Ummm. Who are you ranting at? You quote me, but demand Muleright to post something.

Hmmmm. :finger:

HELLO HELLO HELLO MULE COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!!!!!!!!

I'm sure your ignorant ass doesn't even know who Michael Masters but maybe you can google him.

The republicans want you to believe that high oil prices have something to do with not drilling but it is just untrue.

SPECULATION DROVE OIL PRICES UP: REPORT

By PAUL THARP

Posted: 3:54 am

September 11, 2008

The record jump in oil and food prices that brought the economy to its knees this summer was caused by speculation among giant funds grabbing fast profits to cover their bad bets on housing, says a new report.

The report, released yesterday by US lawmakers, confirms months of laments by many analysts that the runaway records for crude, corn and other commodities were the result of unprecedented speculation by the deep-pocketed institutional investors - not the traditional supply-and-demand issues.

Co-authored by hedge-fund manager Michael Masters, the report said that from January to May the institutional traders poured $60 billion into commodity markets, causing rapid spikes in crude prices.

After record highs were hit in July, traders yanked their billions to reap huge profits, allowing prices to nosedive and wreak even more damage on the way down for some investors.

Much of the cash used for the heavy betting was said by many portfolio chiefs to have been a result of the hundreds of billions in liquidity the Federal Reserve pumped into Wall Street banks. That cash enabled their big institutional clients to binge on commodities, which they'd traditionally avoided.

Outcries from many investors prompted Congress to hold hearings on the speculation binge for three months, from May through July, resulting in traders promptly pulling $39 billion back from commodities markets, the report said.

At the peak of the funds' profit-taking, oil hovered at a record $147 a barrel in July, and then started falling sharply until it reached $102 this week.

"We have clear evidence the fund flow pushed prices up and the fund flow pushed prices down," said Masters.

Masters' report used data publicly available from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Energy Information Administration and other investment sources.

Masters paid for the report to help lawmakers as they consider new regulations for futures markets, which could restrict institutional investors from such speculation. Masters said the big funds "greatly distort the marketplace" and should be banned from betting on futures.

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, which has downplayed the role of speculators, is scheduled to send its own report to Congress in the next few days.

"These large financial players have become the primary source of the dramatic and damaging volatility seen in oil prices," concluded the report.

Meanwhile, oil prices fell here 68 cents a barrel to $102.58 on doubts that OPEC would be able to pull off its threat yesterday to reduce oil production.

Edited by daytrader millionaire

Sorry I hit the wrong reply button. I didn't mean to compare you to that ignorant muleWRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh... name calling... trademark of a true Democrat.

Did I say that oil prices weren't over inflated because of speculation... no, fear drives speculation in any market and even more so in markets like commodities where as you point out trading is leveraged by margin trading.

What I am saying is it's not fear of Pelosi and Reid going after speculators that's creating panic in traders causing them to flee the market, what they are afraid of is losing their money in a market that is overinflated by fear.

The US developing our own resources and using less sends a message to the market that the US is going to change the amount of foreign oil it consumes, this makes those nervous about the over-inflated prices decide it's time to get out while they can.

I don't think fear of more regulation is going to affect prices short term. Legislation take time to get passed and even more time to get implimented and the way things work in Washington, lobbyists will have plenty of time to mold the rules in their favor.

If you had read further down in my post before you started bouncing off the walls, you would have noted I said there is another way to make this happen, jack gas prices up and reduce consumption that way. The US auto industry won't survive this.

If you remember Obama didn't say he didn't say he didn't want gas prices to go up, what he said is "he wished they hadn't gone up so fast"

Edited by mulewright

Ahh... name calling... trademark of a true Democrat.

Did I say that oil prices weren't over inflated because of speculation... no, fear drives speculation in any market and even more so in markets like commodities where as you point out trading is leveraged by margin trading.

What I am saying is it's not fear of Pelosi and Reid going after speculators that's creating panic in traders causing them to flee the market, what they are afraid of is losing their money in a market that is overinflated by fear.

The US developing our own resources and using less sends a message to the market that the US is going to change the amount of foreign oil it consumes, this makes those nervous about the over-inflated prices decide it's time to get out while they can.

I don't think fear of more regulation is going to affect prices short term. Legislation take time to get passed and even more time to get implimented and the way things work in Washington, lobbyists will have plenty of time to mold the rules in their favor.

If you had read further down in my post before you started bouncing off the walls, you would have noted I said there is another way to make this happen, jack gas prices up and reduce consumption that way. The US auto industry won't survive this.

If you remember Obama didn't say he didn't say he didn't want gas prices to go up, what he said is "he wished they hadn't gone up so fast"

Just so you know I am a registered republican that will vote for obama. I am moderate conservative that refuses to let these right wing bible belt pushing wacko's dictate which way this country should be going in, So I am forced to back the Democrats until the republicans can put someone up there for me to vote for like bobby jindal hopefully the future of the republicans. not these crazy religious wacko's we have now!!!!!!

By the way I am truly sorry about the name calling,I just get so upset that my fellow republicans want to use this drilling issue as wedge between the democrats and so many people in the us take the bait.

So I apologize I didn't mean to make I personal!!!!

You can find major medical much cheaper than that. I bought my own insurance before I worked for Ford and I paid 186.00 per month. I didn't have to suck the tax payer tit. Its called personal responsibility. If someone can't take care of their children they shouldn't have them. The dems think Americans are too stupid to take care of themselves. "give us your money and we'll protect you from yourselves".

When the hell was that? $186.00 a month? For Major medical? Not today. The shop I got laid off from a bit over a year ago (that's over a year out of work, with 25 years experience and a bachelors degree - yea, I'm going to vote Republican - not), we were paying over $600 a month per employee, for major medical, with each employee paying $300 a month. And that's "major medical" with something like 75/25 percent split - employee's share of all covered expenses being 25%, plus a $1500 per year deductible. $186 a month for major medical, my f***ing ass. Not today, and not for a while now. Plan on a grand a month now, and going up. Plus, a friend is an HR manager with a major Tier One supplier, and he said a grand a month per employee is what the average 80/20 coverage is today with a $1000 deductible.

Boo hoo. You've got to be kidding me. There are a very few people who legitimately "need" help. But there is a shitload of people working the system. Walk around Romeo, Al. How many people play the game with medical, FMLA(The friday monday leave act), Sleeping at the table,cutting out of the plant 20-30 minutes early EVERYDAY? I could go on. But in your world these people don't exist and and I should be lining up to give them my money. If you want to give them entitlements, give your money to charity but do not call me republican cattle because I want the game players to take care of themselves and thier own. You live in a dream world if you think there are not thousands of americans taking advantage of the system currently and would line up around the block for more if the dems get control.
For every thousand game players, there are twenty thousand people in serious need. Plus the 40 million Americans with no health coverage, and a good percentage of them the working poor. Yes, you're republican cattle. Bullshit social conservative issue voters. Mooooo!! The republican cattle are being herded to the polls to vote the same bullshit non-issue issues. You claim to want government out of peoples lives, then you vote vote for the same old intrusion - the same government decision-making for other peoples lives, just done according to your version of morality. Obama had the criticism right - pick yourself up by your own bootstraps, even if you don't have boots. I expect someone like McCain to know nothing of the deterioration happening to the middle class and the growing numbers of the lower class, but how in the fucking hell can you either act like you're unaware of what's happened to the middle class over the last eight years, or just don't give a fuck, because somehow your bullshit conservative values trump the needs of you neighbors, losing their jobs, losing their homes, and losing their health insurance. Damn, blue collar union republicans - talk about an oxymoron. Edited by Len_A

When the hell was that? $186.00 a month? For Major medical? Not today. The shop I got laid off from a bit over a year ago (that's over a year out of work, with 25 years experience and a bachelors degree - yea, I'm going to vote Republican - not), we were paying over $600 a month per employee, for major medical, with each employee paying $300 a month. And that's "major medical" with something like 75/25 percent split - employee's share of all covered expenses being 25%, plus a $1500 per year deductible. $186 a month for major medical, my f***ing ass. Not today, and not for a while now. Plan on a grand a month now, and going up. Plus, a friend is an HR manager with a major Tier One supplier, and he said a grand a month per employee is what the average 80/20 coverage is today with a $1000 deductible.

For every thousand game players, there are twenty thousand people in serious need. Plus the 40 million Americans with no health coverage, and a good percentage of them the working poor. Yes, you're republican cattle. Bullshit social conservative issue voters. Mooooo!! The republican cattle are being herded to the polls to vote the same bullshit non-issue issues. You claim to want government out of peoples lives, then you vote vote for the same old intrusion - the same government decision-making for other peoples lives, just done according to your version of morality. Obama had the criticism right - pick yourself up by your own bootstraps, even if you don't have boots. I expect someone like McCain to know nothing of the deterioration happening to the middle class and the growing numbers of the lower class, but how in the fucking hell can you either act like you're unaware of what's happened to the middle class over the last eight years, or just don't give a fuck, because somehow your bullshit conservative values trump the needs of you neighbors, losing their jobs, losing their homes, and losing their health insurance. Damn, blue collar union republicans - talk about an oxymoron.

How about getting a second job instead of standing in line for a handout? No, we can't have that. How about going to school to learn a trade or get a degree to better your life? No we can't have that. People are fucking lazy, thats whats wrong with this country. You socialists act like people can't get medical treatment. You can walk into any ER and they can't turn you away. What about Madicaid? Oh Medicaid sucks? Well if they can't do that right how do you expect then to run socialized medicine right? And no I don't care about the "poor" who don't want to better themselves. You liberals have quite a distorted view of them. There are areas of the country where generation after generation are on welfare. WTF? You guys are drinking the Kool-aid if you think "poor" people are out there working 60 hours per week just biting at the bit to "better" themselves. Give them a 12 pack of beer, some cable TV, and some free money from us and they are happy as pigs in shit. But you keep drinking the Obama Kool-aid.

Oh, and by the way - look and see who's signature is on NAFTA. Bill Clinton, Democrat

Sure, when he was in office the REpublicans were in control of the house and senate but where was his veto pen if he was all for the workers?

Bill gave them Nafta so he could get the rest of his legislation thru the Republican Control Congress.

So, how do you like your goverment funded health care for every American?

How about getting a second job instead of standing in line for a handout? No, we can't have that. How about going to school to learn a trade or get a degree to better your life? No we can't have that. People are fucking lazy, thats whats wrong with this country. You socialists act like people can't get medical treatment. You can walk into any ER and they can't turn you away. What about Madicaid? Oh Medicaid sucks? Well if they can't do that right how do you expect then to run socialized medicine right? And no I don't care about the "poor" who don't want to better themselves. You liberals have quite a distorted view of them. There are areas of the country where generation after generation are on welfare. WTF? You guys are drinking the Kool-aid if you think "poor" people are out there working 60 hours per week just biting at the bit to "better" themselves. Give them a 12 pack of beer, some cable TV, and some free money from us and they are happy as pigs in shit. But you keep drinking the Obama Kool-aid.

Why don't you try go out and get a second job, first, instead? Around the southeast Michigan/Metro Detroit area, places like Lowes, Home Depot, and Meijer are getting 500 to 700 applications per job opening. Other places have been cutting head count as the people cut back on their discretionary spending. Real easy for you to get pompous and sanctimonious, but the fact is that the number of people slipping out of the middle class has increased. The Census Bureau reported that the number of people without health insurance rose under Bush, and there was nothing the administration could do to whitewash the numbers. Except for a very few parts of the country with oil money, jobs are harder to find today than they were eight years ago before Bush took office. But you go ahead, and join the rest of the mindless republican cattle. Keep being a good little republican robot. Pray like hell that you keep your job.

Why don't you try go out and get a second job, first, instead? Around the southeast Michigan/Metro Detroit area, places like Lowes, Home Depot, and Meijer are getting 500 to 700 applications per job opening. Other places have been cutting head count as the people cut back on their discretionary spending. Real easy for you to get pompous and sanctimonious, but the fact is that the number of people slipping out of the middle class has increased. The Census Bureau reported that the number of people without health insurance rose under Bush, and there was nothing the administration could do to whitewash the numbers. Except for a very few parts of the country with oil money, jobs are harder to find today than they were eight years ago before Bush took office. But you go ahead, and join the rest of the mindless republican cattle. Keep being a good little republican robot. Pray like hell that you keep your job.

I allready do have side work. Its not hard if you are motivated. Thats how I put extra money away for my kids' education, vacation, etc. If you want a job you can find one. Just keep making excuses for people who don't want to help themselves. You've got a degree with 25 years expierence and you can't find anything? Give me a break. Its time for you to get off your ass and move but being the socialist you are you probably think you're entitled to a job where you are. Also if you have been a working professional for that long you should have a nice nest egg and if you don't you have seriously been irresponsible for the last 25 years. Stop making excuses and do something to change things.

I allready do have side work. Its not hard if you are motivated. Thats how I put extra money away for my kids' education, vacation, etc. If you want a job you can find one. Just keep making excuses for people who don't want to help themselves. You've got a degree with 25 years expierence and you can't find anything? Give me a break. Its time for you to get off your ass and move but being the socialist you are you probably think you're entitled to a job where you are. Also if you have been a working professional for that long you should have a nice nest egg and if you don't you have seriously been irresponsible for the last 25 years. Stop making excuses and do something to change things.

Screw your condensing attitude. That's right. Twenty-five years, no serious nest egg, and very little in the way of professional white collar positions to apply for. Thanks to spending most of those twenty-five years catering to Ford adn GM's industrial maintenance needs, I'm pigeon-holed or typecast. I say so, and so does every sales recruiter I've been working with, which number well into the double digits. Goes to show how narrow minded you are. It's become so bad, that many recruiters in the Detroit area have quit or retired early.

Screw your condensing attitude. That's right. Twenty-five years, no serious nest egg, and very little in the way of professional white collar positions to apply for. Thanks to spending most of those twenty-five years catering to Ford adn GM's industrial maintenance needs, I'm pigeon-holed or typecast. I say so, and so does every sales recruiter I've been working with, which number well into the double digits. Goes to show how narrow minded you are. It's become so bad, that many recruiters in the Detroit area have quit or retired early.

$25 per week for 25 years @ 3% interest you would have had over $45,000. Don't get mad at me because you were irresponsible. Now you want a President that will help you when you were not ready to help yourself. I'm Republican cattle because I call people like you out who take no personal responsibility for thier own actions or inactions. If your oppourtunites are limited learn to do something else. Don't blame the "republican cattle" blame the guy you see when your shaving everyday.

$25 per week for 25 years @ 3% interest you would have had over $45,000. Don't get mad at me because you were irresponsible. Now you want a President that will help you when you were not ready to help yourself. I'm Republican cattle because I call people like you out who take no personal responsibility for thier own actions or inactions. If your oppourtunites are limited learn to do something else. Don't blame the "republican cattle" blame the guy you see when your shaving everyday.
Never said I was out of money - that's your condescending bullshit attitude again. We're OK for a while. Worse comes to worse, there are still IRA's to tap. Doesn't change the fact that there are people in serious need out there. You're such a narrow minded, sanctimonious jackass, that when someone else points out that there are people in serious need, and that their numbers have grown, you automatically assume that they're counting themselves in that group. That only proves how narrow your vision is. I'm not voting based on my needs alone. I'm voting based on how bad I see things out there. You go vote however fucking way your narrow mind wants to. Still boils down to your voting preferences not being in the best interest of working class people, especially blue collar, unionized working people, and all because of bullshit social issues more than anything else. You are a perfect example of the divide and distract politics.

No, you're republican cattle because you believe everything the republicans tell you.

I can't believe a union member is writing the above crap. How do you think you got to where you are in the ford family? I'll tell you how; it was the collective strength of the union. I know you're full of shit as medical hasn't cost $185 a month for at least 20 years. Is it tough to be a member of a group where the group is against the principals that got you where you've gotten? Let's see, a republican union member. What's the slang work for that Len? Is it dumb ass?

Edited by davdog