Great Quote that applies today....

SalinePlastic

Are we "SLOW LEARNERS" or what?

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact " an American " , and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the " English language " ...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact " an American " , and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the " English language " ...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

AMEN! Too bad the politically correct liberal cocksuckers couldn't see the truth behind this!

HALLELUJA! Too bad the blind, deaf, and dumb right-wing assholes don't see all the death, destruction, and poverty behind this!

Poor bastards actually beleive FNC, MSNBC, Limpbaugh, Hannity, Drudge, O'Reilly and all the other right-wing nut-bags. In other words, they're so ignorant they do not even realize their ignorance.

Actually, any --- or /American thing is pointless. If you were born, raised, and live in the U.S., you're American. Your politics don't matter. ;)

Ummm....well politics is what took the prayers and pledge out of schools. Politics is that made it easier for a non-american to work in the US tax free and get acceses to numerous grants. Politics is what make us "americans" becoming the minority with jobs making well under the poverty level. Politics is the reason that most major "american" companies can now take major operations over seas and receive tax breaks....as long as they keep their "headquarters" in the US. Shall I keep going????????? I am an american but I am also a minority in my own country. I cant go to college because I dont make enough money and the college institutions are taking foreigners over "americans" because they get special moneies from the government.

So you tell me how being american has nothing to do with politics??????

:o The "United" states of America is dead. Because this country is no longer "united", It will hence forth be known as the "Corporate States of America". It will be lead by coporate greed and corrupt politicians . The rich will get richer off the backs of the poor who get poorer while the middle class fights amongst it's self for the table scraps of the rich. :angry:

O.K. I'm done venting now :)

Edited by DearbornDerek

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

So that few parts of this even exist in the US any longer...soon "WE" will be a third world country. You want to come here and become a "legal" citizen, work, pay taxes, do your best to learn English...then I say welcome....otherwise get your hands out of our welfare system, our Social Security etc. and enjoy your trip back home (where everyone is expected to speak the native language) I am tired of trying to find the "English" directions or percautions on products. I respect your heritage, but respect ours.

:o The "United" states of America is dead. Because this country is no longer "united", It will hence forth be known as the "Corporate States of America". It will be lead by coporate greed and corrupt politicians . The rich will get richer off the backs of the poor who get poorer while the middle class fights amongst it's self for the table scraps of the rich. :angry:

O.K. I'm done venting now :)

And I'd like to add: Americans aren't "united" on anything---we're divided into states, race, religion, non-religion, politics, class, etc. The U.S. is perhaps the most wrongly named country on earth!

Also, the capitalists who control the multi-national corporations that are headquartered in the U.S. (including the company we work for) have only two loyalties: maximum profit, and max. stock price. That's all. The capitalists aren't loyal to any country or people.

;)

Poor bastards actually beleive FNC, MSNBC, Limpbaugh, Hannity, Drudge, O'Reilly and all the other right-wing nut-bags. In other words, they're so ignorant they do not even realize their ignorance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

methos,

A quote to consider -"If you are under 30 years old and not a liberal you have no heart, If you are over 30 years old and not a conservative you have no brain!"

Hey Richard, If Bill Ford cuts Wixom will he be a Hyprocrite due the fact he is Chairman of the Det. Econ club and COB of Ford or is he going to get a free pass because he is going to let Mark Fields do it. Granted some small parts plant ect. may have to go but a large assembly plant working 3 shifts could pick up the survivors and bring them on board.

I think not, A HYPROCRITE IS A HYPROCRITE no matter who you have do the dirty deed.

Hey Richard, If Bill Ford cuts Wixom will he be a Hyprocrite due the fact he is Chairman of the Det. Econ club and COB of Ford or is he going to get a free pass because he is going to let Mark Fields do it. Granted some small parts plant ect. may have to go but a large assembly plant working 3 shifts could pick up the survivors and bring them on board.

I think not, A HYPROCRITE IS A HYPROCRITE no matter who you have do the dirty deed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

butthead,

If Wixom closes? I don't think Bill Ford is or would be a hypocrite. Wixom has always been called a "Luxury Car Plant". If we close our "luxury Car Plant where will we build.............hmmmmmm interesting question?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

methos,

A quote to consider -"If you are under 30 years old and not a liberal you have no heart, If you are over 30 years old and not a conservative you have no brain!"

Richard, I thought it was 40 and not 30?!?!?!?!

Funny, when you are young and have nothing, you lean left cause they are the ones who offer to take from others and give it to you!(transfer of wealth)

When you are older and have acquired stuff by the novel concept of work, you try to hold on to it, as those younger now wish to take it through..........you got it.......transfer of wealth.

Yet what makes me really laugh is when an outsider from Ford comes here to tell these "transfer of wealth people" they make to much. Instantly they turn into conservatives, claiming they work hard so they earned it, the accusers are jealous, uninformed, that package was in my contract, etc, etc.

I am guessing that these transfer of wealth people never considered that people might attack them for their gluttony, lololol...........until you consider of course that a UAW member working for the big 2 make more in "direct and/or inderect compensation," than over 70% of Americans.(the rich is a very small club all. And while we certainly can't be considered rich, with your benefit package that MOST Americans no longer have, you have eclipsed 6 figures which puts us in the top 30%)

It amazes me that they actually try to convince ANYONE that we should be considered the classic poor, or lower middle class, just by looking at the percentage of direct compensation numbers, and join them so readily.

While they are harping about the 20something% above them who make more, the 60something% below them can't wait till they fall from on high. If that happens, at least then we will be, from where some of us sound like were from!!!

Edited by Imawhosure

Richard, I thought it was 40 and not 30?!?!?!?!

I am guessing that these transfer of wealth people never considered that people might attack them for their gluttony, lololol...........until you consider of course that a UAW member working for the big 2 make more in "direct and/or inderect compensation," than over 70% of Americans.(the rich is a very small club all. And while we certainly can't be considered rich, with your benefit package that MOST Americans no longer have, you have eclipsed 6 figures which puts us in the top 30%)

It amazes me that they actually try to convince ANYONE that we should be considered the classic poor, or lower middle class, just by looking at the percentage of direct compensation numbers, and join them so readily.

While they are harping about the 20something% above them who make more, the 60something% below them can't wait till they fall from on high. If that happens, at least then we will be, from where some of us sound like were from!!!

You are braver than me, posting truths and facts

The rest of the USA sees us as overpaid

Its too bad this anger is not channeled into anything useful (like health care for all)

another well thought out post

methos,

Cute quote. Since the thread is based on quotes, I looked around and did notice some other cute quotes from Kennedy, Roosevelt, and other great liberal americans, however, what point would it serve?

In some ways you are correct, for as one does get older and has a family one does grow more conservative in some ways. Yet, if a person is to grow, learning must be a continual process, hence, the expansion of knowledge or liberalization of ones mind does not end at twenty-four. After all, what does liberal mean? I know conservatives have dogged the word since Vietnam and liberal's questioning of the war - was that bad? Here is what dictionary.com states as the meaning -

# Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

# Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

Doesn't sound to bad to me!