Will they make a 2 door Mercury???

MercRS

Will they ever make a 2 door Mercury?

I don't care what it is I just want a 2 door, with all of these Mercury changes

what are they really going to build? :reading:

:happy feet:

They need two, I would accepte a variant of a Milan as a two door named Cougar, would bring it back to a personal luxury car but I would perfer a Mustang variant Cougar.

Will they ever make a 2 door Mercury?

I don't care what it is I just want a 2 door, with all of these Mercury changes

what are they really going to build? :reading:

:happy feet:

Yeah, where's the halo car for Mercury! Sedans and SUVs....yawn.

I've had a 1982 Capri H.O. (first new car) a 69 Cougar convertible and a 72 Montego 2 dr HT. They need something "fun".

I think Mercury has been given a stay of execution more than a new lease on life. They are still losing more vehicles than they are gaining. They are getting a version of the next Focus, nothing more. Remember the Tracer? A coupe is best saved for Lincoln me-thinks.

I think Mercury has been given a stay of execution more than a new lease on life. They are still losing more vehicles than they are gaining. They are getting a version of the next Focus, nothing more. Remember the Tracer? A coupe is best saved for Lincoln me-thinks.

I'm still thinking a Focus CC based Capri could work for Mercury.

Obviously with the Euro Fords becoming our Fords for the next gen, this chop wouldn't be enough of a design change for my liking, but the idea is still the same.

post-28332-1221632523_thumb.jpg

I also like that Idea of the Focus CC for a Mercury. That or a 2dr version of the Fusion, I would welcome. People do want a "personal coupe", but one that isn't rough as a Mustang. But the Mustang is Fords sacred cow, so they won't offer such a vehicle because they do not wish to cannibalize Mustang sales.

I also like that Idea of the Focus CC for a Mercury. That or a 2dr version of the Fusion, I would welcome. People do want a "personal coupe", but one that isn't rough as a Mustang. But the Mustang is Fords sacred cow, so they won't offer such a vehicle because they do not wish to cannibalize Mustang sales.

Yes, unfortunately that's true. I think a Focus CC based vehicle would fit perfectly into the Mercury lineup which is trying to go after female buyers (b/c of the convertible option).

• 4 months later...