Navi Offers Class Leading Fuel Economy

I'm sure SUV drivers looking at premium SUVs have fuel mileage first and foremost on their list ....

Okay, so I'm being facetious. It is good that Ford has improved the economy ... but just question how much it will help. Seems like SUVs tend to sell on image, and the Navigator has never matched the Escalade's (right or wrong ..).

Well, those new Navi MPG numbers won my Uncle over.

He has been leasing Navigators for 10 years now and was thinking of leaving for another brand. He called me and asked me how the new Navi could possibly get that much better mileage than his current one. I explained some of the effort Ford has been putting into improving each vehicle. So he bought a new Navi just last week. He also bought his daughter a new Mariner at the same time.

I'm happy to say my family continues to contribute to Ford's bottom line. Your welcome Ford, now please build me a decent 4dr RWD car with good MPGs and a manual trans option...

Thanks

Seems like SUVs tend to sell on image, and the Navigator has never matched the Escalade's (right or wrong ..).

Wrong....Navi was better when Escalade didn't exist (for like a year or less back in 98).

He has been leasing Navigators for 10 years now and was thinking of leaving for another brand. He called me and asked me how the new Navi could possibly get that much better mileage than his current one. I explained some of the effort Ford has been putting into improving each vehicle. So he bought a new Navi just last week. He also bought his daughter a new Mariner at the same time.

I'm happy to say my family continues to contribute to Ford's bottom line. Your welcome Ford, now please build me a decent 4dr RWD car with good MPGs and a manual trans option...

Thanks

He bought an 09? I didn't know they were on sale yet.....these better numbers are for the 09 MY, not 08's, now what I'm saying doesn't matter if they're on sale.

............. now please build me a decent 4dr RWD car with good MPGs and a manual trans option...

Thanks

I know you said RWD, but the Fusion is a nice smaller 4 door sedan with the I4/ 5 speed manual but obviously FWD. (I can't think of a small RWD 4 dr sedan & a manual trans anymore other than BMW.......)

Thanks

Better start looking at a G8 GXP...

he is right...off the top of my head the G8 GXP will be the only man. 4dr RWD car at a reasonable price

sorry that was off-topic

it seems the navi won't be getting the new 5.4L

No, I know he's right.....nm

I think it would've been good for the Navi to get the upgraded 5.4 while the Expy could stay w/ the current one...that way Navi could be a bit better.

No, I know he's right.....nm

I think it would've been good for the Navi to get the upgraded 5.4 while the Expy could stay w/ the current one...that way Navi could be a bit better.

especially since the navi was supposed to get the 6.2L around....this time i believe..... :banghead:

My uncle's Navi may have been an 08 model. Never did ask him... either way the 08 is rated at 12/18 which would still be quite an improvement over the 05 numbers.

I know you said RWD, but the Fusion is a nice smaller 4 door sedan with the I4/ 5 speed manual but obviously FWD. (I can't think of a small RWD 4 dr sedan & a manual trans anymore other than BMW.......)

I do like the Fusion/Mariner 4 cyl models and have condsidered them. Waiting for the all mighty EcoBoost to save the day.

Edit: I meant Milan, not Mariner.....

Better start looking at a G8 GXP...

The GXP is ok... If I went that route, I would probably prefer a CTS or used CTS-V. I still think its the best car GM builds.

Edited by FoMoCobra