'09 Focus SES Coupe at Dealer

FordBuyer

Those were taken straight off of Fleet-Central. All I did was round up to nice even numbers. Do you have some special 'source' that no one else in the world knows about, computing numbers that are different than those?

Round up?????

You said that the Focus was at 20%...when here in the real world, it is 23.9. You rounded down and eliminated 3.9%.

And if you take the actual percentage of Cobalt sales that go to fleets (38.7) away from September total sales, you would find that 10,127 were retail sales. Retail sales between the Focus and Cobalt were divided by 219 units.

Source

So, Tommy and Marky...you can insert each others shoes into your mouths. :hysterical:

Ford sold more retail Focuses. That's the bottom line.

62,611 Focus vs 59,310 Cobalt. It just proves that GM is dumping their excess to fleets.

The Focus has a damed good chassis. It handles very well....every one from C&D to Consumer Report has lauded it's chassis/handling dynamics. It probably needs more HP and/or increased MPGs. The styling (interior/exterior) is subjective....something you definitely are! 3 a: characteristic of or belonging to reality as perceived rather than as independent of mind :

Round up?????

You said that the Focus was at 20%...when here in the real world, it is 23.9. You rounded down and eliminated 3.9%.

And if you take the actual percentage of Cobalt sales that go to fleets (38.7) away from September total sales, you would find that 10,127 were retail sales. Retail sales between the Focus and Cobalt were divided by 219 units.

Source

So, Tommy and Marky...you can insert each others shoes into your mouths. :hysterical:

Where did I mention a percentage? Nevermind, I didn't I mentioned units moved to rental agencies not the percentage. If reading comprehension isn't your forte I strongly suggest you not jump the gun and attack folks based on something you can not understand.

Re-read what I wrote, because your response makes no sense whatsoever.

And you still haven't detailed what makes the Focus so horrible compared to its mainstream competition.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

And you still haven't detailed what makes the Focus so horrible compared to its mainstream competition.

Horrid interior...nothing but one big slab of cheap plastic, it is the worst looking small car on the road today, the engine is loud and harsh, and ride is terrible.

I guess that is what a re-skin gets you. A solid 4th place.

Horrid interior...nothing but one big slab of cheap plastic, it is the worst looking small car on the road today, the engine is loud and harsh, and ride is terrible.

Let me translate the above phrase into something a little clearer:

I did not test drive the Focus.

Looks are subjective.

The interior plastic is not any worse than the crap you see in a Sentra, Corolla or Caliber.

Engine noise is about par for the course for a 4 cylinder being over worked.

Which version of the Focus did you drive? The suspension is tuned slightly different on certain models, and some do not come with stabilizer bars.

Seriously, I question if you have had a considerable amount of seat time in each one of the Focus' competitors because I'm here to tell you aside from the Rabbit, Mazda 3 and the Civic none of them do ANYTHING special.

Your god-damned CV is 100% fleet, and dying off. And the Mopar LX car that supposedly was going to 'return USA to all RWD' id dead in the water. If Ford had made 427 car on Panther frame, it would be worse seller,

Oh, and someone who doesnt contibute a dime to FOrd's bottom line by only getting used cop cars has 0.00% relavant opinons abut the new car biz.

Kepp saying that 'everyone wants BOF/RWD'. Where are the customers? And expecting Ford to only make big RWD gas hogs? Yeah, keep feeding $$ to the oil rich nations and terrorists. :stats:

Horrid interior...

Blatant over statement, subjective and I say untrue.

nothing but one big slab of cheap plastic,

Where do I start? That's obviously a lie.....even as a cheap shot it's totally inaccurate.

it is the worst looking small car on the road today,

Again totally subjective. I don't think it'll win any design awards....unlike the original Focus that was fresh and innovative.....this is a step backwards. It's neither the worst looking NEW small car on the road today or the worst looking small car of all time or place (as you imply without a time factor or country).

the engine is loud and harsh,

Vs other 4 cylinders? It's midpack. Not great, not bad.

and ride is terrible.

I totally disagree. I've tried out Focuses every other year or so. The current model has lost a bit of it's fine edged handling.....to make the ride SMOOTHER. And it's quieter.

Somewhat agree. It was a refresh of a refresh of a 1999 car....soon to be replaced. It's OK for what it is, although I prefer the estetics and handling of the original, especially the SVT Focus, which IMHO was the high water mark.

P, you try too hard and are way too shrill in your condemnations. You come across as a hateful uninformed Bi :censored: ch.

Your god-damned CV is 100% fleet, and dying off. And the Mopar LX car that supposedly was going to 'return USA to all RWD' id dead in the water. If Ford had made 427 car on Panther frame, it would be worse seller,

Oh, and someone who doesnt contibute a dime to FOrd's bottom line by only getting used cop cars has 0.00% relavant opinons abut the new car biz.

Kepp saying that 'everyone wants BOF/RWD'. Where are the customers? And expecting Ford to only make big RWD gas hogs? Yeah, keep feeding $ to the oil rich nations and terrorists. :stats:

Wow...why did you bring up the Panthers in a Focus thread?