A bearable Focus

Deanh

Sangria red coupe, 200 a package just came in, my head almost spun off of my head...what a VAST improvement, slightly restyled front and rear fascia, semi darkened headlights, DARK grill ( darkened chrome ) looks almost black, nice wheels and tires and a tasteful LITTLE spoiler....MASSIVE stylistic improvement...and no fake chrome side vents...a lot cleaner....$18600...finally a focii that doesn't give me a gag reflex....

That is a coupe, right?

yup....actually dare I say it, from the front it looks quite handsome, ( back barely any better still looks a little cheap )and judging by my previous rants of dissapointment that means a lot....interested how a black coupe would look....all monochrome.....

I wish the dark grille was available on the sedan. :(

I wonder how much it would cost to buy the dark grille and switch it out.......

couldn't be too much....makes a HUGE diff getting rid of all that un-necessary "BLING".....now if only Ford takes heed with the 09 F-150.....looks like they killed a damn cylon......

Ford_Focus_2009_main.jpg

ford-focus-2009-cupe-2.jpg

ours is a standard SE with the 16 inch Alum Alloys...which IMO looks even better than this photo which has the 17 inch Painted Alum wheel.....with the lack of brightware...ie Chrome, the painted wheels make the car look a little "muddy"....even that said though...the photos do not do the car justice.....when the sun hits that Sangria looks pretty damn good. Also...the spoiler on ours is on the trunk? hmmmmm

Edited by Deanh

Thank-you. Great looking little car. It's competitive in its market, even though most of us are not happy with it. Compare to Chrysler, who don't have a C-size, and GM with the rental Cobalt, and IMHO Ford did a great job in persevering. It makes the next Focus even easier to sell.

Funny you should start this thread. I had an 09 SE parked next to me yesterday at the community college. It had those bad ass aluminum wheels on it, and the chrome do-dad on the side was absent. All of the rear windows had been darkly tinted aftermarket. I snapped this with my cell, It looked killer good.

1016081050.jpg

Funny you should start this thread. I had an 09 SE parked next to me yesterday at the community college. It had those bad ass aluminum wheels on it, and the chrome do-dad on the side was absent. All of the rear windows had been darkly tinted aftermarket. I snapped this with my cell, It looked killer good.

1016081050.jpg

now imagine that witha blacked out grill and the lower grill opening being more a trapezoidal shape ala Euro styling....

now imagine that witha blacked out grill and the lower grill opening being more a trapezoidal shape ala Euro styling....

I would like to see one in person like that. I see lots of new Focus's every day, all over my area. I'm waiting to see the new Fiesta in person before I trade up my 03 Taurus for that, :stats: or a Focus..

Sangria red coupe, 200 a package just came in, my head almost spun off of my head...what a VAST improvement, slightly restyled front and rear fascia, semi darkened headlights, DARK grill ( darkened chrome ) looks almost black, nice wheels and tires and a tasteful LITTLE spoiler....MASSIVE stylistic improvement...and no fake chrome side vents...a lot cleaner....$18600...finally a focii that doesn't give me a gag reflex....

Funny.....If I were evaluating that car, none of what you report would make much difference to me. Maybe just a little.

Is it screwed together good? Are the seats comfortable? Any signs of it being overly cheap? How does the engine run? How well is transmission mated to engine? Is their enough room in front and rear for your requirements? If manual, is ther room for arm rest, and if automatic...does it come with one? How large is the trunk? How quiet is it? How does it ride, accelerate, brake? etc. What is X plan or best price? Stuff like that.

Looks....that's the last thing on my mind on a car like that. KInda strange how much different buyers are.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Funny.....If I were evaluating that car, none of what you report would make any difference to me.

Is it screwed together good? Are the seats comfortable? Any signs of it being overly cheap? How does the engine run? How well is transmission mated to engine? Is their enough room in front and rear for your requirements? If manual, is ther room for arm rest, and if automatic...does it come with one? How large is the truck? How quiet is it? How does it ride, accelerate, brake? etc. What is X plan or best price? Stuff like that.

Looks....that's the last thing on my mind on a car like that. KInda strange how much different buyers are.

But, how is any of that even important if the car does not get your attention in the first place?

I would like to see one in person like that. I see lots of new Focus's every day, all over my area. I'm waiting to see the new Fiesta in person before I trade up my 03 Taurus for that, :stats: or a Focus..

I would get the next I4 Fusion or Milan instead. Heck, if I were you, I would go out and buy an '09 Fusion right now with $3,500 in rebates, unless you can wait for another 12-16 months since it will take at least that long before the 2010 sees incentives like that.

I would get the next I4 Fusion or Milan instead. Heck, if I were you, I would go out and buy an '09 Fusion right now with $3,500 in rebates, unless you can wait for another 12-16 months since it will take at least that long before the 2010 sees incentives like that.

$2500 off on the Focus right now. Can't beat it.

I didn't mean to sound critical of Deanh and his description of the Focus. I was just commenting on how different groups look at that car.

I've owned a Focus. We used it kinda like you use your refrigerator. It was an appliance to us, so function is all that mattered. Looks never crossed our mnd. We though of it kinda like we think of the Honda Element...a terrific vehicle in it's class....and ugly as hell.

The fact that some think the Focus is an attractive vehicle....is a huge plus for the car I would think.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Funny.....If I were evaluating that car, none of what you report would make much difference to me. Maybe just a little...

No where did he say that the look was even a reason to buy a car. His whole theme was how there is finally a version of the Focus that did not give him a gag relfex. Nothing wrong with chatting about how a car looks. We are all superficial at times ;)