Are they making the Ranger beyond 2011?

RangerM

I'll be surprised if the T6 shows up at all. In world markets, compacts serve the same purpose as our full-sizers. With Obama et. al. on a CAFE kick, I'll be surprised if it isn't replaced by a Focus based Ranchero.

T6 is being made a similar size to Tacoma/Frontier and your Sport Trac.

If Ford sees a need for this next Ranger then it will be imported from South America or South Africa.

That Vehicle already exists in Mexico and if it is made available in the US I will buy one....it is an ideal vehicle for light hauling duties for suburban and urban hauling needs and is particularly useful in tight spaces as well as a tow vehicle for Motorhome folks. Good mileage, residential garage parking and many convenient features combined with light utility makes it an intelligent alternative for hauling steermanure, 2x4s, dog food, a bale of hay or two, grocery shopping excursions and delivery purposes.

Like I said, sign me up.

That is a pretty nice looking vehicle. My dad had a couple of El Caminos and a 1968 Ranchero. They were great. Of course they had full frames and V8 engines so they could actually pull a trailer.

We had a 2001 Ranger with the 4 litre engine. It was a sweet truck. 4 wheel drive, extended cab, step side. I traded it last summer for a new Chevy 4x4 extended cab Z-81. It has been a great truck so far. I had looked at a F-150 in Findlay OH, which is about 350 miles from where I live. I had been dealing with them on-line and it was a great deal but I admit to dragging my feet. Going that far to purchase a vehicle and just the idea of buying when the economy was going down. I was serious though, but they quit answering my emails so I went with the Chevy from the local dealer. I did email the local Ford dealer to see if they could trade for the truck but they never got back with me. Anyway, the new Ranchero looks interesting but I would prefer something with a full frame and more motor then a Focus has, still it would be a handy runabout

• 1 month later...
That is a pretty nice looking vehicle. My dad had a couple of El Caminos and a 1968 Ranchero. They were great. Of course they had full frames and V8 engines so they could actually pull a trailer.

The Chevy may have had a full frame but the 68 Ranchero definitely did not.

• 3 weeks later...

well wont they just put the side air bag in the seat....i see those in newer cars all the time]

and we can have a new small pick up truck...as long is it is called a ranger...i think ford will at least keep the name

Edited by stegomon