When to order 2010 Fusion?

svtenthusiast

May I ask how you check for the status of an ordered vehicle?

Hi nelsonlu. :D You ask your Dealer Representative (Salesperson or Sales manager). They can access all current information in the Ford System.

Unfortunately, many Dealer will act as though they can't, since it is too much trouble for them to provide this simple service to the customer. Other Dealers are very helpful. Hopefully you have one of the good ones.

You can also call Ford Customer Service for information, but having your Dealer keep you updated is the proper way to keep track of your vehicle.

There used to be a "Vehicle Tracking" sub-forum here that helped members keep track of their vehicles, but it closed some time ago.

Good luck. :beerchug:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi nelsonlu. :D You ask your Dealer Representative (Salesperson or Sales manager). They can access all current information in the Ford System.

Unfortunately, many Dealer will act as though they can't, since it is too much trouble for them to provide this simple service to the customer. Other Dealers are very helpful. Hopefully you have one of the good ones.

You can also call Ford Customer Service for information, but having your Dealer keep you updated is the proper way to keep track of your vehicle.

There used to be a "Vehicle Tracking" sub-forum here that helped members keep track of their vehicles, but it closed some time ago.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thank you. The last time I talked to my dealer (about two weeks ago) they said that they had no idea at that time. When I go in the next time I'll ask them again.

May I ask how you check for the status of an ordered vehicle?

As bbf2530 said, really the only way is through your dealer. I doubt Ford customer service would even be able to get you that information. Your dealer should be geting frequent "printouts" of the order, usually when the status changes on the ordered vehicle. This order status also includes your VIN number, exterior color code, interior order code, and dealer order number. Every few weeks, mine would spit out an update because of priority change, package revisions, submitted to plant, then it was scheduled last week, giving the dealer ETA arrival week. As the vehicle is built it will change status again, then when it is built the status will be "bucked". I live in the midwest, so it looks like they account a few weeks for transportation (not sure if it's rail or truck from Hermisello) but when I ordered my F150, it showed "bucked" and I got it within 1 week (from Michigan truck plant).

The Vehicle Locator subforum is still HERE. It is located under the Ford Employee section at the top of the forum listings.

The original tracker, ViperPilot, has been shut down. Here is his message:

So say we all....

Tracking System: CLOSED. Please see your dealer for status updates.

Thank you for your patronage.

Tracking requests made by PM will be deleted without mercy. Sorry.

The original tracker, ViperPilot, has been shut down. Here is his message:

So say we all....

Tracking System: CLOSED. Please see your dealer for status updates.

Thank you for your patronage.

Tracking requests made by PM will be deleted without mercy. Sorry.

Well that's a bummer. I never really looked in that subforum so I had no idea he had stopped doing it. :violin:

Sure, I will be posting pictures in this forum!

What package/model did you order?

Sterling Gray Clearcoat Metallic

SEL

3.0L V6

6 speed SelectShift™ Automatic

BLIS

Reverse Sensing system w/rear-view camera

Moon & Tune 12 speaker

DVD Nav w/Sync & SIRIUS Travel Link

I really can't wait!!! My lease on my Escape was up Jan 19 so I'm already on an extension. And don't get me wrong, I loved my Escape, but every time I drive my wife's 08 Fusion it's like night and day ;)

I got my order number Dec. 4th but no word yet on a build date. Do you know if they process them in numerical order?

Sterling Gray Clearcoat Metallic

SEL

3.0L V6

6 speed SelectShift™ Automatic

BLIS

Reverse Sensing system w/rear-view camera

Moon & Tune 12 speaker

DVD Nav w/Sync & SIRIUS Travel Link

I really can't wait!!! My lease on my Escape was up Jan 19 so I'm already on an extension. And don't get me wrong, I loved my Escape, but every time I drive my wife's 08 Fusion it's like night and day ;)

I got my order number Dec. 4th but no word yet on a build date. Do you know if they process them in numerical order?

Nice! If the grey is like the "dark shadow grey" on the mustangs, that color is really sharp. Unfortunately, they limited the colors to only 4 on the Sport, so I didn't have much choice and went with the blue. I would of considered grey if it was available.

The Fusion is a very smooth driving car. My F-150 drives nice for a truck, but not even close to the same experience as the Fusion. I drive a Fusion "S" every few months for work.

The order number I was talking about is just a dealership assigned number, for dealership records. It doesn't affect the process in Fords system.

Your dealership should be able to give you updated information since it's been a few months since your order was placed. Good luck!

Edited by svtenthusiast

Nice! If the grey is like the "dark shadow grey" on the mustangs, that color is really sharp. Unfortunately, they limited the colors to only 4 on the Sport, so I didn't have much choice and went with the blue. I would of considered grey if it was available.

The Fusion is a very smooth driving car. My F-150 drives nice for a truck, but not even close to the same experience as the Fusion. I drive a Fusion "S" every few months for work.

The order number I was talking about is just a dealership assigned number, for dealership records. It doesn't affect the process in Fords system.

Your dealership should be able to give you updated information since it's been a few months since your order was placed. Good luck!

I found a picture of the sterling gray

2010-Ford-Fusion-001.jpg

:happy feet:

I may give the dealer a call and see if they have any more info. I just don't want to feel like I'm pestering them

I'm waiting for an update on the Fusion Hybrid I ordered on January 8th. This is my first time to buy a Ford, and I'm impressed with everything I've seen and read. I spent months researching different options for a new car, both foreign and domestic, and every time it came back to the 2010 Fusion.

The dealer I ordered from had a stock order Fusion hybrid in the order system when I placed mine, but it wasn't in the color or package that I wanted. I'm hoping for delivery by late March for the tax credit, but that's probably not realistic if demand is what I think it is. The conservative side of me is just hoping to have it by May. I'll post if I hear an update.

My order:

Fusion Hybrid

w/ 502A Rapid Spec

Edited by ackbar

I'm waiting for an update on the Fusion Hybrid I ordered on January 8th. This is my first time to buy a Ford, and I'm impressed with everything I've seen and read. I spent months researching different options for a new car, both foreign and domestic, and every time it came back to the 2010 Fusion.

The dealer I ordered from had a stock order Fusion hybrid in the order system when I placed mine, but it wasn't in the color or package that I wanted. I'm hoping for delivery by late March for the tax credit, but that's probably not realistic if demand is what I think it is. The conservative side of me is just hoping to have it by May. I'll post if I hear an update.

My order:

Fusion Hybrid

w/ 502A Rapid Spec

I ordered the same a couple of weeks ago - no word yet on when it arrives. Hopefully after snow-and-salt season is over but before the next one starts!

I ordered the same a couple of weeks ago - no word yet on when it arrives. Hopefully after snow-and-salt season is over but before the next one starts!

Yesterday, I ordered a new 2010 Fusion Sport AWD, black with black interior. It will have everything except navigation. My sales rep expects that it will be in the dealership in 6-8 weeks.

I can't wait to get it!

Should anyone get a new Fusion, I would like to see pictures.

Louis M

I may give the dealer a call and see if they have any more info. I just don't want to feel like I'm pestering them

dont worry about pestering them. it is their job to take care of the customer, YOU! they might actually be happy to hear from you so they know they arent going to get stuck with a special order car.

if they are rude to you just go to another dealer and have them dealer trade for the car you ordered once it arrives.

Edited by blazerdude20

My order:

Fusion Hybrid

w/ 502A Rapid Spec

For what it is worth, the article I read indicated that the vehicle needed to be ordered or delivered by 3/31 so regardless, you should get you tax credit...important if anyone here went through what my wife went through with her 2008 Escape hybrid...5 months

http://www.freep.com/article/20090128/BUSINESS01/90128121

Yesterday, I ordered a new 2010 Fusion Sport AWD, black with black interior. It will have everything except navigation. My sales rep expects that it will be in the dealership in 6-8 weeks.

I can't wait to get it!

Should anyone get a new Fusion, I would like to see pictures.

Louis M

Congratulations, and I am suprised you went with the AWD. I know awhile back you said you weren't, what changed your mind? That was my toughest decision when I ordered mine, but with the crazy winter this year I will be glad to have the AWD for the bad weather. I just wish they would come out with the EPA mileage ratings so I know what to expect.

I am going to finally be able to see the 2010 Fusion in person at the Chicago auto show next week, so hopefully that will take the edge off this waiting game!

Congratulations, and I am suprised you went with the AWD. I know awhile back you said you weren't, what changed your mind? That was my toughest decision when I ordered mine, but with the crazy winter this year I will be glad to have the AWD for the bad weather. I just wish they would come out with the EPA mileage ratings so I know what to expect.

I am going to finally be able to see the 2010 Fusion in person at the Chicago auto show next week, so hopefully that will take the edge off this waiting game!

Thanks and you are right. I was not getting AWD, but I, too, could not make up my mind. We are having a terrible winter here in Connecticut, but I currently have a 2008 Escape Ltd with AWD drive that I can use. It was my Dad's who passed away last March. When we turn that in at the end of the lease, I won't have a vehicle with AWD. I decided that it would be best to sacrifice the mileage rather than have to leave my car somewhere because of bad weather. I live on a very steep hill, and while my FWD 06 Fusion is OK, it is not like AWD. In any case I do not live far from my office so mileage is not really much of an issue. I know the retail price, but I could not get a payment amount as the residuals have not been set yet on the 2010.

Please let us know what you think of the car after you go to the show.

Our dealership will have one in the showroom on February 10. My sale rep invited me to the showing. The car will be there for one day. Ford Motor Company representatives are bringing it in to give the sales folks a first look and a sales seminar. My rep thinks it will be a Sport model. I am hoping so.

I'll let everyone know about my first look in person.

Thanks and you are right. I was not getting AWD, but I, too, could not make up my mind. We are having a terrible winter here in Connecticut, but I currently have a 2008 Escape Ltd with AWD drive that I can use. It was my Dad's who passed away last March. When we turn that in at the end of the lease, I won't have a vehicle with AWD. I decided that it would be best to sacrifice the mileage rather than have to leave my car somewhere because of bad weather. I live on a very steep hill, and while my FWD 06 Fusion is OK, it is not like AWD. In any case I do not live far from my office so mileage is not really much of an issue. I know the retail price, but I could not get a payment amount as the residuals have not been set yet on the 2010.

Our dealership will have one in the showroom on February 10. My sale rep invited me to the showing. The car will be there for one day. Ford Motor Company representatives are bringing it in to give the sales folks a first look and a sales seminar. My rep thinks it will be a Sport model. I am hoping so.

Sounds like a good decision, pretty much how I justified the mileage and cost sacrifice getting the AWD. And you are right about the residiuals, I am still not sure if I am leasing or buying.

I will be sure to take some detailed pics at the show (hopefully the car is open and not on a turntable). It seems like there aren't really detailed pics of the car from the auto show yet.

Looking forward to additional info from your Feb 10th showing!

Edited by svtenthusiast

Where in CT Louis?

That's it, I'm calling my dealing right now to get the skinny!!!! :shades:

Well, just got off the phone with my dealer. She said there's no VIN yet, but she's going to do some digging and see what she can find.

I also asked about any showroom stock and the only thing they have ordered right now is a hybrid. She said they're going to try and offload the last of their '09's first.

I would still love to test drive one as soon as I can :)

Sounds like a good decision, pretty much how I justified the mileage and cost sacrifice getting the AWD. And you are right about the residiuals, I am still not sure if I am leasing or buying.

I will be sure to take some detailed pics at the show (hopefully the car is open and not on a turntable). It seems like there aren't really detailed pics of the car from the auto show yet.

Looking forward to additional info from your Feb 10th showing!

I would like to see more details as well, especially of the interior.

I'll let you know about the Feb 10 viewing.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my 2010 Fusion Sport yesterday--Silver with charcoal interior and Moon and Tune package. My lease on my 07

Edge runs out on May 1st, so I'm a little nervous about this because I do not want to extend. Of course the dealer knows nothing yet, but it worried me some when they told me that they didn't know how long it would take and they were concerned. Hopefully they'll notify Ford of the lease expiration and push it through.

I was surprised how pricey this car was. My Edge was $6-700 less two years ago! If it looks like it's going to be a long term thing (I've had bad experiences before--waited 5 months for the new issue Mustang II and nearly 8 months for a 77 T-Bird plus 3 months for a 97 SHO), I may cancel and get something else, as much as I don't want to do that.