Theology

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day I am not sure you really said anything other than to imply Christians bad, scripture wrong, etc.

Peace and Blessings

scripture is not wrong. the interpretation of them is.

where Christians don't get it, unlike every other religion in the world, is that holy texts are to be used directionally. To define and live a lifestyle. Not to use verses verbatim or selectively to prove a point.

Peace and Blessings

and let me extend my apologies macattak.

My response to you (the lying part) was rude where it didn't need to be.

Please accept my apologies as I let my emotions override my fingers. Your comment didn't warrant such a response on my part.

We were created to be food for the reptillian inhabitants of Nibiru when it passes through our solar system every 3600 years. They have to spend a couple of years on earth, as their own world is ininhabitable during this time. A few will be saved to repopulate the earth for the next crossing in another 3600 years.

scripture is not wrong. the interpretation of them is.

where Christians don't get it, unlike every other religion in the world, is that holy texts are to be used directionally. To define and live a lifestyle. Not to use verses verbatim or selectively to prove a point.

I agree with that. One can not use some verses. One must take into account all verses that touch on their speaking point. That is why even the most educated can learn more about the Word. Because there is almost always some verse they are unaware of that deals with their topic.

For you, I do not believe that you understand that Paul primarily taught the Gentiles while Jesus and the 12 primarily taught the Jews. That is huge to acknowledge. That is why the message is not the same. Jesus taught OT in many ways while Paul taught the Mystery.

Peace and Blessings

and let me extend my apologies macattak.

My response to you (the lying part) was rude where it didn't need to be.

Please accept my apologies as I let my emotions override my fingers. Your comment didn't warrant such a response on my part.

Apology accepted and appreciated. I to apologize. Please forgive me. Sometimes the flesh speaks much louder than the spirit. ;)

Peace and Blessings

We were created to be food for the reptillian inhabitants of Nibiru when it passes through our solar system every 3600 years. They have to spend a couple of years on earth, as their own world is ininhabitable during this time. A few will be saved to repopulate the earth for the next crossing in another 3600 years.

Awesome! Make a movie! I will be there! Just no Tom Cruise!!!

Peace and Blessings

Sounds more like something Travolta would do, you know, Battlefield Earth and all that.

My all time Worst Movie Ever.

'watch me shoot the leg of this cow to impress you with my aswesomeness'

Shoots leg off cow

'MooooOOOOOOOooooooooooo!'

'Fear me!'

What is that line from the Incredibles?

"Lame lame lame lame lame!!!"

Peace and Blessings

My all time Worst Movie Ever.

'watch me shoot the leg of this cow to impress you with my aswesomeness'

Shoots leg off cow

'MooooOOOOOOOooooooooooo!'

'Fear me!'

What is that line from the Incredibles?

"Lame lame lame lame lame!!!"

Peace and Blessings

The part I found more amusing was that what...2000 years later....Harriers were still flight-worthy? :lol:

Heavenly Bodies same Decay Rates supporting young earth (edit - year). I.e. Heavenly bodies if made at the same time have the same decay rate or if made over 'time' have varying decay rates.

Started a search on Atomic Decay Rates. Found this http://www.rae.org/revev7rd.html

Read until I found The Creation of Planetary Magnetic Fields.

Googled Humphreys, D. Russell. “The Creation of Planetary Magnetic Fields.” Creation Research Society Quarterly. December 1984.

Found this. http://www.creationresearch.org/crsq/artic.../21_3/21_3.html

From what I remember and can understand from reading is that what he predicted proved true. Which is a very good sign as eventually things need to prove themselves out one way or another.

-----

Lunar Basalt Flow

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002AGUSM.P52A..03H

Having a hard time finding more than this. Trying to find more info...

Peace and Blessings

Edited by macattak1

Heavenly Bodies same Decay Rates supporting young earth (edit - year). I.e. Heavenly bodies if made at the same time have the same decay rate or if made over 'time' have varying decay rates.

Started a search on Atomic Decay Rates. Found this http://www.rae.org/revev7rd.html

Read until I found The Creation of Planetary Magnetic Fields.

Googled Humphreys, D. Russell. “The Creation of Planetary Magnetic Fields.” Creation Research Society Quarterly. December 1984.

Found this. http://www.creationresearch.org/crsq/artic.../21_3/21_3.html

From what I remember and can understand from reading is that what he predicted proved true. Which is a very good sign as eventually things need to prove themselves out one way or another.

-----

Lunar Basalt Flow

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002AGUSM.P52A..03H

Having a hard time finding more than this. Trying to find more info...

Peace and Blessings

What you are doing here is grasping at the smallest straw to prove that creation, as stated in Genesis is not impossible. That keeps your belief alive. It is not healthy to have unshakable beliefs. I look at things by probability. I don't believe anything. If I am holding a flush in a poker game, I know that I will probably win, but I know it is possible that I will lose. With belief, even if the opponent shows a full house, you will look for a way for your flush to beat it because according to your beliefs, you are supposed to win.

What you are doing here is grasping at the smallest straw to prove that creation, as stated in Genesis is not impossible. That keeps your belief alive. It is not healthy to have unshakable beliefs. I look at things by probability. I don't believe anything. If I am holding a flush in a poker game, I know that I will probably win, but I know it is possible that I will lose. With belief, even if the opponent shows a full house, you will look for a way for your flush to beat it because according to your beliefs, you are supposed to win.

There is no known fact or proof as to how old the 'world' is. So no matter what position one takes another can take the above position you have. So your position on my position is no more solid or stable then my position. Because as soon as you state your position I can easily supply you with your own response.

Many employers don't want to hear one's complaints unless they are accompanied by solutions. I hear your complaints against all things spiritual but I don't see any logical solutions.

Smallest straw? That is funny. Its an idea. And a pretty solid one. Just like the 'wheel'. :)

Peace and Blessings

There is no known fact or proof as to how old the 'world' is. So no matter what position one takes another can take the above position you have. So your position on my position is no more solid or stable then my position. Because as soon as you state your position I can easily supply you with your own response.

Many employers don't want to hear one's complaints unless they are accompanied by solutions. I hear your complaints against all things spiritual but I don't see any logical solutions.

Smallest straw? That is funny. Its an idea. And a pretty solid one. Just like the 'wheel'. :)

Peace and Blessings

My position contains your position within it. Your position is just one out of countless billions. Mine is broad. No matter what is ever proven to be the truth, I didn't rule it out. You have ruled out every possibility but one. Your database for explaining anything you see is small, so you have a narrow point of view. That would be fine if you were right, but if you are wrong, it throws everything that you know out of whack. I am open to all possibilities, even those that involve segments of the Bible, but I don't swallow anything whole hog.

My position contains your position within it. Your position is just one out of countless billions. Mine is broad. No matter what is ever proven to be the truth, I didn't rule it out. You have ruled out every possibility but one. Your database for explaining anything you see is small, so you have a narrow point of view. That would be fine if you were right, but if you are wrong, it throws everything that you know out of whack. I am open to all possibilities, even those that involve segments of the Bible, but I don't swallow anything whole hog.

for having shunned religion why are you in this topic? you like living in fairly tale land?

But you don't really believe in anything since you are afraid to stake a claim and declare 'a' belief. Soon people like you will be wondering if Hitler ever really existed or if he was just some Jewish myth made up to enhance Judaism somehow or what ever other argument they wish.

If you wish to believe that at some point a lifeless thing became alive, that an inanimate object became animate, that a chair can become alive, that is fine. I just see no logic in it. There is no evolution for inanimate to animate.

I do see logic in Jesus. He was written about and eye witnessed. He is historical. And prophecy from thousands of years ago has come true and proven scripture to be true.

I even see the logic in this. "The Bible contains 66 books, written by 40 different authors, over 1500 years, in 3 different languages, on 3 different continents, with no historical errors or contradictions."

???

Peace and Blessings

But you don't really believe in anything since you are afraid to stake a claim and declare 'a' belief. Soon people like you will be wondering if Hitler ever really existed or if he was just some Jewish myth made up to enhance Judaism somehow or what ever other argument they wish.

If you wish to believe that at some point a lifeless thing became alive, that an inanimate object became animate, that a chair can become alive, that is fine. I just see no logic in it. There is no evolution for inanimate to animate.

I do see logic in Jesus. He was written about and eye witnessed. He is historical. And prophecy from thousands of years ago has come true and proven scripture to be true.

I even see the logic in this. "The Bible contains 66 books, written by 40 different authors, over 1500 years, in 3 different languages, on 3 different continents, with no historical errors or contradictions."

???

Peace and Blessings

I am convinced that Hitler did exist and that he was evil. I do not go so far as to believe it. I never met the man. He is supposed to have died before I was born. What if in the future, it is proven that the real Hitler was kidnapped and replaced by an evil double? I would still have to believe that he is evil even if he really wasn't. That is like belief in God. No amount of evidence that God may not exist will sway the believer. I don't believe.

this has been proven to be untrue.

the old testament was written by 4 authors, the bulk of it by a single author "J"

Hey, Trimdingman, how does this make you feel?

Canada's science minister, the man at the centre of the controversy over federal funding cuts to researchers, won't say if he believes in evolution.

“I'm not going to answer that question. I am a Christian, and I don't think anybody asking a question about my religion is appropriate,” Gary Goodyear, the federal Minister of State for Science and Technology, said in an interview with The Globe and Mail.

A funding crunch, exacerbated by cuts in the January budget, has left many senior researchers across the county scrambling to find the money to continue their experiments.

Minister of State for Science and Technology won't confirm belief in evolution

Edited by suv_guy_19