Ted Turner Dogs Auto Industry!

CBGB

Just saw Ted Turner on Lou Dobbs. He said no way we should help auto industry. "We should not pour money into that rat hole", referring to General Motors. Then the big mouth dick sucker said, instead of bailing out auto industry, we should use the money to build wind turbines. Can you believe this guy?

Just saw Ted Turner on Lou Dobbs. He said no way we should help auto industry. "We should not pour money into that rat hole", referring to General Motors. Then the big mouth dick sucker said, instead of bailing out auto industry, we should use the money to build wind turbines. Can you believe this guy?

Why does that surprise you? Ted Turner lives in Atlanta, or did you forget that? Atlanta lost 2 plants, one Ford, one Gm. You will find alot of people here in Ga. that will say what Ted said "No Bailout for them". Im betting you will hear that in a number of states that Ford and Gm closed plants at. So what people say about Ford and Gm shouldnt surprise any of you here. Dont get your feathers in a uproar.

This afternoon a guy on Fox news said the UAW is whats killing the big three. He siad the cars were selling fine. But union dues and benefits were dragging them down. He siad they needed to go bankrupt in order to wipe the slate clean.

Edited by 8A4RE

This afternoon a guy on Fox news said the UAW is whats killing the big three. He siad the cars were selling fine. But union dues and benefits were dragging them down. He siad they needed to go bankrupt in order to wipe the slate clean.

i went through mcdonalds today and and asked for a chicken sandwich but without mayo. when i got my sandwich, of coure , it had mayo on it. i figured oh well. when you pay some one $7 an hour thats what kind of work you get. now lets start paying people $8 an hour to install decklids and transmissions-what do you think the quality will be like? and what would the turnover be on a hot summer? while the unions arent perfect, there HAS to be some equity in having a steady, trained workforce in the plant. i would think employee turnover would destroy quality.

Ask some of the old timers, or retirees what it was like back in the 60's. My dad worked at GM in pontiac, mi back in the early 60's and said back then you could walk in off the street and start the same day. Big turnover, new people coming and going all the time, they just threw you online and made the best of it. He lasted two weeks and decided it wasn't for him. Got a job driving truck in a teamsters union shop. Said it paid about the same.

i went through mcdonalds today and and asked for a chicken sandwich but without mayo. when i got my sandwich, of coure , it had mayo on it. i figured oh well. when you pay some one $7 an hour thats what kind of work you get. now lets start paying people $8 an hour to install decklids and transmissions-what do you think the quality will be like? and what would the turnover be on a hot summer? while the unions arent perfect, there HAS to be some equity in having a steady, trained workforce in the plant. i would think employee turnover would destroy quality.
If they last that long, and I hope all three Detroit automakers do, I fear for the quality when the lower wage tier employees start being the majority of employees in the plants, especially the assembly plants. After they've been there, if they last that long, for more than ten years, and there's no longer any shipping/receiving or janitorial jobs to move to. I think that's when you're going to see some real mean turnover.

And Ted Turner can shut the hell up, even if Georgia lost plants. I got to wonder whether Ted prefers Lincolns or Cadillacs, or has it been Mercedes, Lexus or BMW for a long time for ole' Ted Turner and his peers?

You are exactly right. All you have to do at our plant, is go into one of the restrooms. They look terrible, they smell awful, towel machine empty. People complain. Ford is getting what they are paying for.

Ford contracted with Premier and Premier pays about $10 an hour. Nobody is going to worry about quality for $10 an hour. Like the saying goes....You Get What You Pay For

You are exactly right. All you have to do at our plant, is go into one of the restrooms. They look terrible, they smell awful, towel machine empty. People complain. Ford is getting what they are paying for.

Ford contracted with Premier and Premier pays about $10 an hour. Nobody is going to worry about quality for $10 an hour. Like the saying goes....You Get What You Pay For

Employees who are paid less are not going to endure the strict regiment and discipline of working in the Automotive Industry.If I was making $10-15 an hour those 'ass-hole' supervisors who show up at the plant and act like they are the leading character in a Western Drama would have some problems.I would start out passive-aggressive and just fuck up and not care until we got it all down on paper{his/her attitude} at labor relations.Then the grand finale."ASK ME NICE"At a lower wage I would have support from co-workers.I do not blame the Company.All Ford Motor did was give me a job.But man I have seen supervisors form little Hitler feifdoms with their superintendants and then,they are just the baddest acting little bad asses God put on this earth.The trick would be how to make them look bad,product wise,bring the heat on em,not just fighting back with them emotionally.And there is always that classic,everybody call in sick the same day.Ford Motor has the least professional management and for the money they pay those supervisors!!!!If you are reading this and are also White,male and under 40,less than 10 years seniority,hang in there!Last point I will make is that Ford seems to promote the type of supervisor I just described so they must like it that way.Good Luck finding someone to take your shit at $15 an hour.Expect turnover.Lawsuits.Slip and Fall injuries.Physical confrontation.No product loyalty

Edited by Fatso

Great point!

If they last that long, and I hope all three Detroit automakers do, I fear for the quality when the lower wage tier employees start being the majority of employees in the plants, especially the assembly plants. After they've been there, if they last that long, for more than ten years, and there's no longer any shipping/receiving or janitorial jobs to move to. I think that's when you're going to see some real mean turnover.

And Ted Turner can shut the hell up, even if Georgia lost plants. I got to wonder whether Ted prefers Lincolns or Cadillacs, or has it been Mercedes, Lexus or BMW for a long time for ole' Ted Turner and his peers?

And don't forget folks... He's married to who else? Jane Fonda. AMERICAN TRAITOR BITCH!

So if some of you uneducated morons in this section of the web-site fail to grasp what kind of Anti-American liberal scumbag Obama supporter he truly is AND THE LEFTIST PHILOSOPHY HE HIDES BEHIND... I don't know what will.

Oh, by the way... He also owns CNN. So there you go. Keep that in mind next time you tune in for your daily dose of shit being shoved down your throats every night!

Instead of bitching about Ted Turner why don't we do something. If everyone that reads these posts plus the people they know would not turn on CNN and also find out who advertises on CNN. Write to the companies that advertise on it that you and your family will no longer by their products because of what he said about the UAW. If we got people to pull together and do something instead of just bitching.

Yeh, I caught that. All the concessions and the cost of a car still keeps going up. BUT its the unions fault the car companies are goin' down the shitter. But its okay for Wagoner, Mullaly to get these big bonus'. I wonder if thats also the unions fault? Faux News will be happy when we're all outta jobs and can't afford TV sets to watch there silly horseshit! They had the mayor of Flint,MI. on the phone. He hit the nail on the head when he said the problem was the lack of tariffs on goods imported into America. But that made too much sense so the folks at Faux cut him off. "we're outta time". If they ONLY knew!!

"FUCK TED TURNER" BRING HIM TO DETROIT STICK HIS ASS ON THE LINE AND LET HIM WORRY ABOUT PAYING HIS BILLS AND FEEDING THE FAMILY.I BET HE WOULD HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION ,JUST LIKE MOST OF THESE OTHER FUCK HEADS !!!!!!

Amen brother! I'd give a weeks pay to see Turner and all these anti-union bozos that come on BON and lip off chase the the line for a day. They'd be beggin' for mercy!

Yeh, I caught that. All the concessions and the cost of a car still keeps going up. BUT its the unions fault the car companies are goin' down the shitter. But its okay for Wagoner, Mullaly to get these big bonus'. I wonder if thats also the unions fault? Faux News will be happy when we're all outta jobs and can't afford TV sets to watch there silly horseshit! They had the mayor of Flint,MI. on the phone. He hit the nail on the head when he said the problem was the lack of tariffs on goods imported into America. But that made too much sense so the folks at Faux cut him off. "we're outta time". If they ONLY knew!!

Fox News bullshit is symptomatic of the the mentality that revolves around non-blue collar jobs, in air conditioned clean indoor work places, that think we can financial-service, import our way to prosperity. These mental midgets have forgotten the lessons of Economics 101 - true wealth is the product of the manufacturing economy, taking raw materials and labor and turn the raw materials into something worth more than the cost of the raw materials and labor combined. Hardly anyone's kids want to go into engineering or the sciences, or anything that, even as a professional person, would put them within spitting distance of a factory. I'm saying this as a former Ford hourly employee who "Not Suitable For Industrial Employment"ed himself, and quit after nine months, went back and got his degree, and became an industrial sales rep servicing the smokestack industries of Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio. I'll go further to say that all the critics of the Detroit 3 and the UAW members couldn't handle one fucking hour on the assembly line, let alone a whole fucking shift. Let them see if they have the fortitude to last as long as some of you guys have, as my dad did for over thirty-five years, see how much the fuck they think the jobs are really worth. All of these talking heads critics are a bunch of pussies that couldn't handle what I've done, walking the entire floor of an assembly plant, schlepping catalogs and literature to the maintenance supervisors and plant engineers, let alone do your jobs. Fuck them, their ignorant snobbish opinion, and the very fucking air they breath. Because things are so bad in the Detroit area, I've been unemployed for over fourteen months, with a four year degree and two and a half decades of experience, and if I could reach out, through the TV and bitch slap these assholes, I would do it in a heart beat.

End of rant. :rant::censored:

Edited by Len_A

Fox News bullshit is symptomatic of the the mentality that revolves around non-blue collar jobs, in air conditioned clean indoor work places, that think we can financial-service, import our way to prosperity. These mental midgets have forgotten the lessons of Economics 101 - true wealth is the product of the manufacturing economy, taking raw materials and labor and turn the raw materials into something worth more than the cost of the raw materials and labor combined. Hardly anyone's kids want to go into engineering or the sciences, or anything that, even as a professional person, would put them within spitting distance of a factory. I'm saying this as a former Ford hourly employee who "Not Suitable For Industrial Employment"ed himself, and quit after nine months, went back and got his degree, and became an industrial sales rep servicing the smokestack industries of Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio. I'll go further to say that all the critics of the Detroit 3 and the UAW members couldn't handle one fucking hour on the assembly line, let alone a whole fucking shift. Let them see if they have the fortitude to last as long as some of you guys have, as my dad did for over thirty-five years, see how much the fuck they think the jobs are really worth. All of these talking heads critics are a bunch of pussies that couldn't handle what I've done, walking the entire floor of an assembly plant, schlepping catalogs and literature to the maintenance supervisors and plant engineers, let alone do your jobs. Fuck them, their ignorant snobbish opinion, and the very fucking air they breath. Because things are so bad in the Detroit area, I've been unemployed for over fourteen months, with a four year degree and two and a half decades of experience, and if I could reach out, through the TV and bitch slap these assholes, I would do it in a heart beat.

Len, your so RIGHT!

we told them it would get bad, but they refuse to see it. The economy is still booming right ?

You have a lot of very good points, Len.

Len, your so RIGHT!

we told them it would get bad, but they refuse to see it. The economy is still booming right ?

Oh yea, we're just hummin's along!! Damn, am I pissed! It's like the majority of the population has forgot what the basics of economics and common sense are. And I am massively tired of the way we in the Detroit auto industry get slammed. I'm so angry, I'm ready to punch out one of these assholes. I'm on other forums, even one that I'm actually a founding member of, and no matter what I say, the Detroit 3 are wrong, the UAW is greedy, management sucks (OK, one out of whatever), and on and on. In that forum, I wrote much of what I said about how hard your jobs are - one guy backed me up. That's it. One, out of twenty founding members of that forum. One guy, a computer tech guy who has done some blue collar work as a machinist. Outside of that, it all misinformation, income envy and outright bigotry toward all blue collar workers.

You have a lot of very good points, Len.

Thanks. I appreciate that. BTW, I'm pretty sure that living in Westland, I'm in your backyard. Been in your plant several times - rivet tools on the final trim line (trying to take care of stopping slip-and-fall situations from the dropped rivets), and signal torque wrench inquiry for the front end alignment at the very end of the line (trying to prevent the trip hazard of the signal wrench's cord). In fact, I think one of your plant's QC guys lives near me.

Edited by Len_A

I'm going to take Teds side on this, here me out first. Yes I'm am FORD and hourly and I have watched

my plant shrink to less than 600 employees from 2400. We have all watched our market share drop

year after year, losing billions Qtr after Qtr. Poor judgement on jaguar to spend money on a company

we never made a dime on. Bad car designs, Poor CEO's, Flavor of the month programs on quality and

training programs. Money just wasted time and time again. I am sure our other cross town friends are

just the same. Ok so the goverment gives us a loan, working capital my question is what will change???

Throwing money at any problem will not fix it. Look at public schools in America we spend more money

than any other nation and we are falling behind. Think about it if you ran your home the way Ford runs

it's car business you would be out in the street. I don't question the work ethic of any brother or sister

worker thats not the problem. The way we operate as a industry is the problem . We were told to

change and we did not. The SUV and truck craze gave us a chance to fund change and we know how

that worked for us. Listen I think we are all a little nervous on our future, but don't be mad at ted who

called it for what it is. Do you remember the Q-1 training we had when they said the last company

making buggy whips made a great buggy whip. They did not see the reason to change well that worked well for them as you know. History does repeat itself.

Ask some of the old timers, or retirees what it was like back in the 60's. My dad worked at GM in pontiac, mi back in the early 60's and said back then you could walk in off the street and start the same day. Big turnover, new people coming and going all the time, they just threw you online and made the best of it. He lasted two weeks and decided it wasn't for him. Got a job driving truck in a teamsters union shop. Said it paid about the same.

Your dad is exactly right. I hired in at LTP in 1965 and I walked into the plant employment office, filled out and application and was nearly hired on the spot. They told me they were going to hire me but, they couldn't because I was still 17. Told me to come back when I turned 18, which was the next day. I went back the next day, they hired me in the afternoon, it was a Friday and, told me to report Monday morning for work. So, by the time Monday came around, I already had 3 days seniority without working. Those were good days. You could walk right in and get hired like all the way to the mid 70's. Now, if they hire people, it's mostly ones with connections with the company or union. My oldest son hired in in 94 because I was able to get his name in through our then local president, who I was ok friends with. The company called him to come fill an application, he did, then he went for testing, passed, interviewed, passed and, was hired. And since then, he's never taken his job for granted. Never misses work unless he's on vacation or personal time. I'm proud of him.

As for Ted Turner? Just take him with a grain of salt. After all, how smart can that socialist clown be, he married that traitorous bitch Jane Fonda once. What does that tell you.