2010 Fusion/Milan/MKZ Unveiling

BORG

C'Mon! Where are the Regular Fusion photos, the Sport and Hybrid have similar fascias but the SE et.al have their own!

And for the love of God, let me see the MKZ!!!!

I like the Fusion rear much better than I expected, not the most graceful look but it has 'texture', my favorite way to describe design that adds dimensionality to otherwise plain sheetmetal.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the Milan Hybrid! Really bad photos of the dashboard, material defects and all (shakes head).

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/19/la-2008...uts-2010-milan/

I don't see the point of having that crease/separation on the left side of the passenger dash (near the trim piece) when there's no crease/separation on the right side of that same trim piece. It looks strange. Also, I think there's too many cut lines on the top of the dash....certain areas, like the storage bin, could've been concealed better, IMO.

The rest of the interior doesn't seem to be redone at all from 09, except for a different pattern on the door inserts. Oh well....hopefully the exterior and powertrain upgrades will make up for the less-redesigned-than-I-thought-it-would-be interior.

C'Mon! Where are the Regular Fusion photos, the Sport and Hybrid have similar fascias but the SE et.al have their own!

And for the love of God, let me see the MKZ!!!!

I like the Fusion rear much better than I expected, not the most graceful look but it has 'texture', my favorite way to describe design that adds dimensionality to otherwise plain sheetmetal.

I know....the MKZ was the one we saw least of.

The Fusion rear does heavily resemble the 05 Focus though.....biggest culprit causing that is the taillights.

haha im as anxious to see the mkz as you BORG cause it will probably replace my current one. im dying but watching the mustang unveiling on speed helped a little bit.

I watched that too......did you notice how the arguably most controversial aspect of the new design (the rear) was not shown all that much?

The rest of the interior doesn't seem to be redone at all from 09, except for a different pattern on the door inserts. Oh well....hopefully the exterior and powertrain upgrades will make up for the less-redesigned-than-I-thought-it-would-be interior.

you need to look closer. the panels are more padded and are rounded off compared to the 09's. plus the panels are to be made of "better" quality products

The MKZ is not coming out tonight, and apparently the non-Hybrid/Sport Fusion won't be seen either. Why must this be so difficult?!

The interior isn't bad, but I'm a little perplexed by the design choices on the passenger side of the dash in particular. I trust the material quality, features, and technology certainly impress. They probably should have ditched the dashtop compartment if they need the space for a speaker, they must have spent a good junk of change re-engineering that compartment just to keep it.

Edited by BORG

Wow, the Milan looks much better in the official photos than the spy shots. Good press photos from Ford, who knew. The new gauges (non hybrid) look great, and that Fusion is gorgeous.

I love the Milan fascia, not so sure about the rear but I assume the LED light effect will also improve appearances.

I like it overall. It seems as a quality product. Sophistication was added to an already dynamic and sustainable product. As I'm reading, their's 1-3MPG improvements in fuel economy against the Accord/Camry. Even in Hybrid version, it posts 5MPG better than the Camry Hybrid. I'm liking the LCD instrument cluster, something I've been advocating for, for years. The interior supposedly is quieter than Camcords, better transmission choices than CamCord. Better engine choices than Camcord. They bragged about the dashboard having better materials than Camcord. And new technologies being introduced like BLIS will certain attract many buyers. Maybe we won't be getting 400K+ units sold, but this is how you improve your product and make it sustainable in the long run.

The MKZ is not coming out tonight, and apparently the non-Hybrid/Sport Fusion won't be seen either. Why must this be so difficult?!

The interior isn't bad, but I'm a little perplexed by the design choices on the passenger side of the dash in particular. I trust the material quality, features, and technology certainly impress. They probably should have ditched the dashtop compartment if they need the space for a speaker, they must have spent a good junk of change re-engineering that compartment just to keep it.

Hmmf. I doubt they spent much changing the dash top cubby. External dimensions probably didn't change at all, which means it was no more difficult than changing the molds. Which, if they changed the materials the dash top is made of, had to be changed for the lid anyway.....

The groove on the far left side of the passenger side above the trim piece is probably there to smooth the junction between the vent bezel and the center console bezel. Having a 'four corners' type junction (which would be there if that notch wasn't) would probably be much more difficult to align properly.

Also, as with the MKS, the entire lower dash panel on the passenger side is the glovebox door.

Edited by RichardJensen

you need to look closer. the panels are more padded and are rounded off compared to the 09's. plus the panels are to be made of "better" quality products

Are you referring to the dash, or the rest of the interior?

So when will they come out then? :banghead:

That's how I feel about the passenger side dash. I too am wondering about that compartment....Ford didn't put a compartment on the Flex, but went with a speaker.

did u hear them say that something else about the mustang will be revealed at NAIAS? maybe the 5.0 or shelby

I noticed that too....Fields said it was a "big" announcement....I assumed GT500 or something, as 1) we've seen mules and 2) if the 5.0 isn't ready yet (which debuting it w/ the 4.6 supports), why would you show it off for next year now when you still need to sell this year's new units? (I hope that made sense).

I love it. Lots of powertrain options, sharp-looking, and the interior... the mules had me worried, because it looked mostly unchanged, but everything looks really "tightened" here. More athletic, to put an adjective where it doesn't belong. The old Fusion interior has solid materials but no coherence in design; this one looks more like the superior Aura/Malibu interiors.

Someone please tell me this: the mid-size market is bigger in the states, right, than it is in Europe? And this is obviously a more than competitive product--great powertrains, great exterior, great interior, lots of options. (And, in my opinion, it's considerably more attractive than the overweight-looking, fussy Mondeo.) Why is Ford Europe heading up production on the next mid-sizer? If it's a Euro-midsize-must-be-more-luxurious thing, don't the MKZ and Milan upmarket versions in the states seem like a fine way to integrate things? I'll miss the Fusion when it's gone.

I like it overall. It seems as a quality product. Sophistication was added to an already dynamic and sustainable product. As I'm reading, their's 1-3MPG improvements in fuel economy against the Accord/Camry. Even in Hybrid version, it posts 5MPG better than the Camry Hybrid. I'm liking the LCD instrument cluster, something I've been advocating for, for years. The interior supposedly is quieter than Camcords, better transmission choices than CamCord. Better engine choices than Camcord. They bragged about the dashboard having better materials than Camcord. And new technologies being introduced like BLIS will certain attract many buyers. Maybe we won't be getting 400K+ units sold, but this is how you improve your product and make it sustainable in the long run.

I like the LCD guages too, finally the fusion will have a set of modern guages. Looks like the fusion will compete very well with the camry and accord. Cant wait to sit in and test drive a fusion. Ill be looking for a replacement for my accord in a couple of years. Also cant wait to see the taurus and the ecoboost powertrains.

Edited by navlys32