2010 Fusion/Milan/MKZ Unveiling

BORG

I love the new interior and exterior. Hopefully this will replace my Zephyr soon. Only complaint is the keypad. Why is it still bulging out of the door? Where is the 2nd generation version the MKS has?

this is a FACELIFT - not an all new car .. som things cannot be done. The keypad on the CD3's is a stick-on remote control (like the one on the head of the key). The same goes for push button start, power adjustable steering wheel and many other thigs - some things can only be added in all new car ... and all new platform .. like the MKS .. this is a facelift ....

Look at the dash for example - it looks WAY better on the MKS m because the MKZ tried to pull and MKS skin over the old dash - does not work very well ... it is a facelift .. there are limitations.

igor

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a FACELIFT - not an all new car .. som things cannot be done. The keypad on the CD3's is a stick-on remote control (like the one on the head of the key). The same goes for push button start, power adjustable steering wheel and many other thigs - some things can only be added in all new car ... and all new platform .. like the MKS .. this is a facelift ....

Look at the dash for example - it looks WAY better on the MKS m because the MKZ tried to pull and MKS skin over the old dash - does not work very well ... it is a facelift .. there are limitations.

igor

Makes sense, I wasn't thinking how the current version is just a stick-on job. I guess the heat sensative version would require constant power, ie a new wiring harness, to be done. The functionality of the keypad is unquestionable, but I hate looking at that lump everytime I get into the car.

Hey, it's funny what you'll find on you tube. This is a video of the Fusion SE, confirming that that the prototypes Fascia is dead. It also shows the center stack without the nav system, and it's completely different!

And here is the Sport.

Edited by BORG

Hey, it's funny what you'll find on you tube. This is a video of the Fusion SE, confirming that that the prototypes Fascia is dead. It also shows the center stack without the nav system, and it's completely different!

And here is the Sport.

The navi-less interior is quite good. the center stack look like the 2010 mustang one without navi...the rectangular message screen look alike.

So Fusion 2010 SE 6 speed manual sport blue with black interiror: this is my next car folks..

go ford!

Hello any Ford people reading this message board.

I like the center console design, so ignore the comments of the autosavant guy. He's European. Doesn't get this kind of stuff.

But seriously, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(photography)

Please, please, please do not force us to look at horrible photography from high latitude fall afternoons anymore! The sun is too low in the sky and too bright to make ANYTHING look good. Especially in an urban environment (Michigan Proving Grounds) with an incredibly high particle count (that's why the sky is purple).

Thank you,

A concerned citizen

Edited by RichardJensen

I actually like the way the center console looks without the nav screen ;), there is more design to it. It's WAY better than the outgoing center stack.

The video also reveals just how sharp the new rear is, SOO much more presence than the "Simply Ford" outgoing design.

And yes, Richard, the photography on these cars is amusingly bad :). Seriously, I can do this stuff and I am no professional.

MKZ probably shares its ignition cylinder with the Fusion & Milan, ergo no push button start until they rewire the dashboards of all 3.

The managed to substantially change the dashboard of the MKZ so that the Nav Screen and controllers aren't located low on the dash, but I doubt they redesigned the chasis just for this MCE.

I think push button start is a very important feature in this segment, at least remote start should be offered.

But I don't think they changed much of the wiring behind the dashboard--stubbing out for a 'push button start' on the dash would require a substantial change to the wiring....

I believe CD3.5 is a midpoint in Ford's wiring consolidation program. Allegedly the '09 F150 has much simpler wiring harnesses than previous models (comes from bundling electronic goodies), and I don't think that 'think' has been applied to CD3.5, but will probably be applied to CD4.

Wait, you don't have daylight savings time there?

Nope.

About 2 years after AZ became a state, they voted out daylight saving time.

Its stupid, annoying, and ridiculous.

Did I mention stupid???

So.............. half of the year we are Pacific time, and half of the year we are Mountain time.

Amazingly, everything works normally without it. Who would have thunk it. :)

"it has been out 4 years"

4 years ago, Fall 2004, there was no Fusion at all. There are 4 model years, 6,7,8,9. But the 2009 was super short. Dont confuse CY with MY.

2006 Fusion debuted in October 2005. 2010 Fusion debuts in February 2009. That's 40 months, NOT 4 years.

It appears that the automatic for the 3.0 and/or 2.5 will not be available with SelectShift. Didn't someone suggest earlier that the 3.0 would have SelectShift available along with the 3.5? That could be a 2.5 interior though I guess...

Are you referring to Borg's photo above? If so, look at the gauges... that's a Hybrid, no? So, that's a hybrid without the navigation system. I think that the SelectShift will be available with the 3.0, maybe the 2.5.

Are you referring to Borg's photo above? If so, look at the gauges... that's a Hybrid, no? So, that's a hybrid without the navigation system. I think that the SelectShift will be available with the 3.0, maybe the 2.5.

You're right that is the hybrid, and I believe select shift is only available with the D30/D35 per the order guides I've seen.

Anyhow non-nav units look great too.

And Ford would you cover up that hand brake with something better than that cheap plastic. It looks like shit in the current Fusion, and it looks totally out of place in the new one.

Edited by Michael Reynolds