should mullally be fired

ZX10FAST

should mullally be fired for driving a foriegn car to ask congress for a bailout. the gm ceo got inside of a gm vehicle when he got off his plane.  

89 members have voted

1. 1. should mullally be fired?

• Yes he should be fired for his actions.
    • No he shouldnt be fired
  2. 2. how do you feel about mullally driving a foreign car to ask congress to bail us out?

• its a slap in the face to the workers and company we work for.
    • its ok for the ceo of ford to drive another make of vehicle to ask congress for bailout money
  3. 3. are we gonna sit back and let management the news the politicians and the american public destroy us or are we gonna step up and fight back?

• we are gonna step up and fight back every way possible
    • no we are just gonna sit back and let them tear us apart
  4. 4. how do you feel about the foreign cars in our parking lot at work

• they should be banned from parking in the lots on the property
    • its ok they should be allowed since they are built here in america
    • they should be banned and blown apart
  5. 5. who is running the company into the ground

• management
    • workers
    • uaw

I listened to the hearings and Mr Mullaly was the most positive and informed one of the bunch. I really think his lack of auto experience is a plus for us. He looks at it more as a consumer. GM's Rick Wagner looked like an idiot. He didn't even know how much his company needed to stay viable. As far as the jets go, I had no problem with it. I am sure that there was staff also on the flight. I would rather him spend his time in the board room than in the security lines at the airport.

I listened to the hearings and Mr Mullaly was the most positive and informed one of the bunch. I really think his lack of auto experience is a plus for us. He looks at it more as a consumer. GM's Rick Wagner looked like an idiot. He didn't even know how much his company needed to stay viable. As far as the jets go, I had no problem with it. I am sure that there was staff also on the flight. I would rather him spend his time in the board room than in the security lines at the airport.

I agree. However it would have been so cool if Mullaly drove there in Flex AWD LTD.

yes i posted this and some or many of you might not agree with my views but we are all autoworkers and need to stick together in these times and not fight with one another over our little differences.

Do we know for certain it was a foreign vehicle? If not,maybe we should hold off on stoning him. If it was, he should not even have gotten into it. In any case I'd like to hear his explanation. Think how much better it would have sounded if he'd told the driver he'd rather walk.

Do we know for certain it was a foreign vehicle? If not,maybe we should hold off on stoning him. If it was, he should not even have gotten into it. In any case I'd like to hear his explanation. Think how much better it would have sounded if he'd told the driver he'd rather walk.

There was a big deal made when he first took over regarding him driving a Lexus while the new CEO of Ford, so this should not be too shocking that he still drives one.

Think it would have sounded like shit if he said he would walk.

Mullaly says to Congress: We need money so we can stay afloat to keep building cars

Congressman says to Mullaly: Why? I heard a report you would rather walk, maybe we all should walk more it would not only mean no tax payer money to a dissolving company but it also might help the American obesity problem

HELL NO

He took out that line of credit that is gonna save our asses!! GM didnt noe there fucked they cant get a line from anybody . They got $20bills they could borrow and cant

Mulally did act looking ahead

The board told him to scrap the "bringing the European cars over here" he told them were doing it and thats that. Looks to me like he made the right move again!!!!!!

I watched the hearing Tuesday night and my take is; I'm wondering if Mullaly even wanted to be there? Ford is the only one of the three that seem to have there heads together. I understand that if one goes they all could go but Ford, even according to Gettlefinger, is in the best shape. Wagoner seemed lost or something, maybe he wasn't briefed enough before he got there and Nardelli was all but getting on his knees begging. I don't want to see ANY of them go through anymore hell than they have to because they are our brothers and sisters, I just wish they could have made their case clearer in front of the nation and the world.

There was a big deal made when he first took over regarding him driving a Lexus while the new CEO of Ford, so this should not be too shocking that he still drives one.

Think it would have sounded like shit if he said he would walk.

Mullaly says to Congress: We need money so we can stay afloat to keep building cars

Congressman says to Mullaly: Why? I heard a report you would rather walk, maybe we all should walk more it would not only mean no tax payer money to a dissolving company but it also might help the American obesity problem

I don't think it would sound too offensive if he said he'd rather walk than ride in a toyota. I'd like to think he doesn't own one now.

I read some time back Mullaly got rid of the Lexus, forgot what he was driving though. I think he's doing an ok job so far. He drummed up a butt load of money when he could get favorable terms for it, seems to be making the needed changes at the glass house, None of us can be thrilled about reducing the heads and closing the plants, but if we don't have the sales for them what is Ford supposed to do? From the management side of the table, he seems to be doing all the stuff that the dickheads in congress want us to do, so if he looks bored, I thing it's because he's getting pissy about congress and their demands also. So far I don't see any reason to fire the guy. On the other hand, the clowns from GM and Chrysler sounded stupid as hell. Whatever happens, it won't be pretty, but he seems to be the best one we've had in the recent past.

Edited by Wanderinglost

HELL NO

He took out that line of credit that is gonna save our asses!! GM didnt noe there fucked they cant get a line from anybody . They got $20bills they could borrow and cant

Mulally did act looking ahead

The board told him to scrap the "bringing the European cars over here" he told them were doing it and thats that. Looks to me like he made the right move again!!!!!!

You are completely right on this one....Mulally acted,looked and talked like a person who knew where he was and where he was going. Again as you mentioned he saw ahead and got the finanacing needed BEFORE the credit crunch came. Of the 3 he is by far the best and I believe his plan in the long run will get Ford out of this mess. What happens in the future isn't guaranteed....but he has put that stupid board of directors on a tight leash and is running the company....not some friggin' beancounter and we can all be glad of that. I think if he gets the cooperation needed we'll be ok.

Edited by macattack