Sport Trims - When will they arrive?

TourGuide

• 2 months later...
I am giving some thought to this trim and I wonder what 'late availability' means? Anyone have an idea?

Well...they just added the Sport model to the Fordvehicles.com website where you can build one for yourself. Actual build should not be too far away.

My only beef is that the Sport is $2K higher than the Limited model. $2K? Ford...you have to be kidding!

Well...they just added the Sport model to the Fordvehicles.com website where you can build one for yourself. Actual build should not be too far away.

My only beef is that the Sport is $2K higher than the Limited model. $2K? Ford...you have to be kidding!

You are getting a set of 22"s though, along with the other minor upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...
I sat in one at the Pittsburgh Auto Show. It looked fantastic but it was near $45K with navi and all the other goodies. Waaaay too much for an Edge.

They're $45K ?!?

It looks great (from pictures), but I agree, that's a bit much for an Edge.....it's as much as a loaded Flex (sticker). I do doubt that you'll pay that much for it though.

They're not at dealers yet though, or at least there hasn't been one that I know of at my dealer.

Since the one I was in was on the floor and open to the public with a factory window sticker I assumed it came from a dealer. However I didn't check the sticker to see what dealer might have had it around here and I can't find in on the inventory search anywhere. There was a spokesmodel standing there answering questions specifically about it and asking all lookers what they thought. My comment to her was that is was very nice, but I would never pay that price for it. Especially since there was a Flex SEL right next to it that had more features, save for the navi, was $7000 cheaper, and had a lot more interior room.

They're $45K ?!?

It looks great (from pictures), but I agree, that's a bit much for an Edge.....it's as much as a loaded Flex (sticker). I do doubt that you'll pay that much for it though.

Loaded like the one I sat it, yes, it's $45K or more. Lose the navi and headrest DVD screens and you save $4K. Still very expensive IMO. For that cash I'd rather have an MKX because I think the interior is much nicer. Especially because the MKX doesn't have that crappy old radio brick.

Since the one I was in was on the floor and open to the public with a factory window sticker I assumed it came from a dealer. However I didn't check the sticker to see what dealer might have had it around here and I can't find in on the inventory search anywhere. There was a spokesmodel standing there answering questions specifically about it and asking all lookers what they thought. My comment to her was that is was very nice, but I would never pay that price for it. Especially since there was a Flex SEL right next to it that had more features, save for the navi, was $7000 cheaper, and had a lot more interior room.

Loaded like the one I sat it, yes, it's $45K or more. Lose the navi and headrest DVD screens and you save $4K. Still very expensive IMO. For that cash I'd rather have an MKX because I think the interior is much nicer. Especially because the MKX doesn't have that crappy old radio brick.

I dunno, maybe they are out, and my dealer just hasn't recieved one yet.

I dunno, maybe they are out, and my dealer just hasn't recieved one yet.

My search of the two largest Pittsburgh Ford dealers showed very few copies of the '09 Edge so I'm clueless as to where it came from. Looks like they're all starting to build inventories of '09s now so it shouldn't be long before they all have some. I'm talkin' like 4 or 5 '09s at each big dealer so they have to order them soon I would think. The '08s are all but gone now too.

They all have quite a lot of I4 '09 Fusions so they're really pushing those now and everything else seems to be taking a back seat. Probably for good reason because when those '10 Fusions hit the lots I'm guessing they'll go fast.

My search of the two largest Pittsburgh Ford dealers showed very few copies of the '09 Edge so I'm clueless as to where it came from. Looks like they're all starting to build inventories of '09s now so it shouldn't be long before they all have some. I'm talkin' like 4 or 5 '09s at each big dealer so they have to order them soon I would think. The '08s are all but gone now too.

They all have quite a lot of I4 '09 Fusions so they're really pushing those now and everything else seems to be taking a back seat. Probably for good reason because when those '10 Fusions hit the lots I'm guessing they'll go fast.

There are (6) 2009 Edge Sport models showing in the Ford Vehicle Locator for Connecticut with invoice dates between a few weeks ago and 8 weeks ago. I'd expect Dealer stock orders for the 2009 Edge Sport to be on the conservative side due to the model's pricing with 22" wheels, Vista roof, etc.

There are (6) 2009 Edge Sport models showing in the Ford Vehicle Locator for Connecticut with invoice dates between a few weeks ago and 8 weeks ago. I'd expect Dealer stock orders for the 2009 Edge Sport to be on the conservative side due to the model's pricing with 22" wheels, Vista roof, etc.

I'm sure you're right about the stock orders being relatively low. I will keep an eye out at my local dealer (only a few blocks away) for them though because I've been waiting to see them. My dealer is a decent size dealer too, so I'm sure it'll have a few eventually.

Side note about 2009 Edge inventory in general... Our CT dealership did very well with the 2008 Edge, many hitting the road in leases. Ford then changed the lease rates and our delivery rate tumbled. In addition, they were still building the 2008's well into September and then we all got hit with the banking meltdown, etc that started in October. So, it's just now that we're building up our Edge inventory again.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess everyone knows the sport AWD Edge gets the Lincoln MKX AWD Transmission?

I found it a bit humours when they told us online.

I was hoping they would give the turbo option.

The Edge and MKX have always had the same transmissions. What's your point?

• 2 weeks later...
Our Dealership received its first 2009 Edge Sport for stock yesterday... Sport Blue, Vista Roof, Navigation with MSRP at $43K+. Great looking vehicle from the quick look I was able to take.

My dealer just got a few in....I saw it/them from a distance driving by their 'get-ready' lot....I may go check one out sometime just to look.