What are ways the Fiesta ECOnetic can be brought here?

zipnzap

Buy it over there, ship it to a country near here that will let it be imported (Probably somewhere in central america), transfer it to a citizen of that country, have him or her drive it to the US, pay any bond or whatever is required upon entry. Then you borrow it from them. Even with this, it may have to go back to its place of registration periodically and then come back in.

Doing things on the grey market with third party "federalization" is getting very difficult.

I brought in a vehicle not available in the US once - had to have it come in as an incomplete vehicle (no drive train) (the certificate of origin listed it as a "glider kit") and "assembled" it myself. Then went through the procedure in Ohio to get a title for it as a self assembled vehicle. Did not have to meet any federal requirements, just state ones.

I don't know about Europe, but to use the ECOnetic name in the US, does not require the use of a diesel.

I would be happy to buy an ECOnetic Fiesta with a modified gasoline engine, high mileage tires, aerodynamic improvements and higher gearing. Just don't add too much to the price.

I don't know about Europe, but to use the ECOnetic name in the US, does not require the use of a diesel.

I would be happy to buy an ECOnetic Fiesta with a modified gasoline engine, high mileage tires, aerodynamic improvements and higher gearing. Just don't add too much to the price.

Not bad, but I'd rather have one with a 1.4L EcoBOOST!

A 1.4 L EcoBOOST would be a performance car.

A 1.0 L EcoBoost Woudl ba an ECOnetic.

I think a twin pulse (Firing order 1-4,2-3) 1.0L with a variable geometry turbo will be the small engine of the future. Granted that Honeywell will license the tech at a reasonable price, it looks to me like the best option for a fuel efficient 4.

I think a twin pulse (Firing order 1-4,2-3) 1.0L with a variable geometry turbo will be the small engine of the future. Granted that Honeywell will license the tech at a reasonable price, it looks to me like the best option for a fuel efficient 4.

Variable geometry turbo would be too expensive. They would use twin scroll.