Sen. Richard "Dick Head" Shelby

CBGB

I agree...I liked it in the beginning statements, when Mulally at the end of his statement said that he invites them to come to Dearborn and "walk through the plant" yeah,right, not a good idea.

LOL, would be cool tho...i know i would have some 'accidental spit' for him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably the only time in his life that he was even close to getting his hands dirty.

LOL, i'm sure he didnt do it long!

lol

little history on this ASSHOLE!

Leaking classified information

In 2004, a federal investigation concluded that Shelby revealed classified information to the media when he was a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee. [5] Specifically, Shelby revealed classified information on June 19, 2002 to Carl Cameron, the chief political correspondent on Fox News. This information had been given to Shelby only minutes before at a closed intelligence committee meeting. This information consisted of two messages intercepted by the National Security Agency on September 10, 2001, but translated only after the attacks the next day — "the match is about to begin" and "tomorrow is zero hour."

Both the U.S. attorney's office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigated the case, and a grand jury empaneled. In July 2004, the Department of Justice declined to file criminal charges against Shelby and transferred the case to the Senate Ethics Committee.

On August 11, 2004, media sources confirmed that Shelby had hired Washington-based attorney Gregory Craig, to represent him in investigations by the Ethics Committee. In November 2005, the Senate Ethics Committee dismissed its probe into the alleged leak of classified information regarding National Security Agency intercepts the day before the attacks, administering no punishment to Shelby.

[edit] Conflict of interest: title insurance industry

Shelby, in his role as chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, & Urban Affairs, opposed proposed bills that would have helped reform the title insurance industry and help reduce the costs homeowners pay, particularly when they refinance their mortgage.[6]

Shelby earns between $100,000 and $1,000,000 per year from Tuscaloosa Title Co. Inc., a title insurer he founded in 1974.[7] His staff stated that his opposition to the bills is unrelated to his relationship with Tuscaloosa Title.[6][8]

[edit] Shelby Hall Research Center at University of Alabama

Named for Senator Shelby and his wife (a professor emerita at the University of Alabama), the 200,000 square feet (19,000 m2) square foot new center opened at University of Alabama in 2004 and combines engineering, science (chemistry and materials research) and transportation research in one building. Shelby Hall

[edit] Shelby Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Building at the University of Alabama at Birmingham

The $90 million, 12-story Richard C. and Annette N. Shelby Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Building at the University of Alabama at Birmingham opened in April 2006. The 323,000 square feet (30,000 m2)square foot building is located at University Blvd and 19th Street South on the UAB campus. Senator Shelby was instrumental in securing federal funds for the building, which increases UAB's available research space by 25%.

[edit] Shelby at Auburn University

On April 18, 2008, the Auburn University Ginn College of Engineering dedicated the new Sen. Richard C. and Dr. Annette N. Shelby Center for Engineering Technology. Shelby helped secure $30 million of the $54 million cost of Phase I of the project.[9]

Phase I of the massive building project is a 185,000 square feet (17,200 m2) complex that opened in 2008. Including modern classrooms, quality lab space, numerous administrative offices, and various student programs, the Shelby center has already begun to benefit Auburn University in recruiting students and increasing the quality of life for the students already there.[10]

The second phase of the Shelby Center will include an Advanced Research Laboratory Building and also a new Mechanical Engineering Building. [11]

bob corker is much worse...what an asshole

CALL, WRITE, senators & representatives NOW. Everyone reading this email should flood the phone lines....get your friends and relatives involved. We are hardworking americans that deserve our jobs and our pensions as much as they do. Yes, they vote themselves raises and pension security without scrutiny!

Shelby, in his role as chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, & Urban Affairs, opposed proposed bills that would have helped reform the title insurance industry and help reduce the costs homeowners pay, particularly when they refinance their mortgage.[6]

Shelby earns between $100,000 and $1,000,000 per year from Tuscaloosa Title Co. Inc., a title insurer he founded in 1974.[7] His staff stated that his opposition to the bills is unrelated to his relationship with Tuscaloosa Title.[6][8]

All workers need to email their representative and tell them that we want reform of the title insurance industry. It is not transparent, it does not compete under free market principles and many homeowners do not understand how title insurance works.

I knew Shelby was a lying piece of shit the moment he opened his piehole.. My daddy taught me a long time ago anyone that talks out the side of their mouth is not to be trusted..

Bob Corker is the one that really pissed me off.. This inbred cocksucker knows nothing about manufacturing and needs to shut his mouth. Saying the only way the autos can become profitable again is basically fucking over the current works and the retirees.. Then he calls out Gettlefinger saying he needs to cut our wages.. I don't see this asshole taking a wage cut for running up the giant deficit this country faces now. Hypocrit asshole tossing boulders while living in a glass house

The fucked up trade laws are the main problem here along with the same assholes that are grilling the D3 when they decided that everyone should be approved for a home loan.. Lets see you and your wife both work at McDonalds and make 35000 a year combined.. Sure you can have a loan for 150K.. Complete morons running this country..

We need to get the trade laws fixed asap.. Letting the foreign auto companies not pay any tariffs like we have to when we send our cars to their country is total bullshit.. Allowing the Chinese to manipulate their currency for an unfair trade advantage is bullshit.. Rewarding these large corporations for outsourcing jobs to third world countries is bullshit..

Hand 'em over brother!

Good luck with your trip to Alabama :beerchug:

:stats: thx

well, for what it is worth, they are hiring down there, and good pay(21-32$ an hour-cost of living down there is half of up here), so it is tempting...

but it is a very different lifestyle.....

Edited by dark271

the more I saw those two pieces of cow manure(corker/shelby) the more upset I got. those two bigots are only in this for themselves and fuck everyone else. also the more I saw shelby the more he reminded me of gov.g.wallace of (where else)alabama and we all know how he ended up......a bumbling,idiotic wheelchair piece of crap. fuck them and the horse that they were bred from. both are abortions that should have been performed.

Edited by macattack

the more I saw those two pieces of cow manure(corker/shelby) the more upset I got. those two bigots are only in this for themselves and fuck everyone else. also the more I saw shelby the more he reminded me of gov.g.wallace of (where else)alabama and we all know how he ended up......a bumbling,idiotic wheelchair piece of crap. and for anyone that's going down there to visit these two make sure to take a scope with you. fuck them and the horse that they were bred from.
Amen! Preach on my man.

During Richard Shelby’s tenure in the Senate, Alabama has pursued a number of automotive manufacturers and their suppliers. Mercedes Benz, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Volkswagen have all be courted by the State, with promises of tax breaks and incentives that ran into millions and millions. One has to pose the question,”did the honorable Richard Shelby express his feelings that the auto industry was a dinosaur whose demise was imminent?” I am guessing he did not. So, if he didn't’t, you have to ask yourself “is it only American companies this patriot statesman feels are dinosaurs?” What about the foreign automotive companies? Are they not dinosaurs as well?

When the time came for extinction came, all the dinosaurs fell to the same fate. None were spared. In the current perfect storm that is brewing for the automotive companies, as one species of dinosaurs falls, the domino effect will trickle through the industry, eventually wiping out all the dinosaurs – including those species that seem to be sacred cows to Senator Richard Shelby. He may feel that his foreign friends are immune to the climate change, but just as the original dinosaurs all fell, Shelby's pet dinosaurs will also fall. In the end, it will be the workers and their communities who pay the ultimate price for Richard Shelby’s indifference to the calamity that stands before this economy and this country.

Now the worthless POS is threatening a filerbuster to destroy the aide legislation and light the fuse the will destroy America:

http://www.freep.com/article/20081208/BUSI.../812080363/1069

I urege everyone to contact him as I did. The idoit can be reached at:

http://shelby.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...ilSenatorShelby

http://shelby.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...by.WashingtonDC

http://shelby.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...by.StateOffices

By the way, the prick looks like he has plenty of offices in Alabama. I wonder who financed those?

In the letter, be sure to let him know that in the event the Big Three go belly up, the cars that are made in his state- the Huyndais, Hondas, and Benz, will be the last ones we would ever buy.

Now the worthless POS is threatening a filerbuster to destroy the aide legislation and light the fuse the will destroy America:

http://www.freep.com/article/20081208/BUSI.../812080363/1069

I urege everyone to contact him as I did. The idoit can be reached at:

http://shelby.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...ilSenatorShelby

http://shelby.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...by.WashingtonDC

http://shelby.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?...by.StateOffices

By the way, the prick looks like he has plenty of offices in Alabama. I wonder who financed those?

In the letter, be sure to let him know that in the event the Big Three go belly up, the cars that are made in his state- the Huyndais, Hondas, and Benz, will be the last ones we would ever buy.

HELLO McFLY if you have een paying attention the last month you would of known he was gonna do this back then!!!!!!! :finger:

He cant do it alone he needs 40 other REPUBLICAN SEBATORS to vote with him :finger:

notice there will be 40 REPUBLICANS and 0 DEMOCRATS voting to stop the vote!!

So all u who voted for the GOP I hope you are happy that u voted your job away I hope stopping gay marriage and stopping abortion( which will NEVER happen) was worth u not having a good paying job!! :censored::censored::censored:

I knew Shelby was a lying piece of shit the moment he opened his piehole.. My daddy taught me a long time ago anyone that talks out the side of their mouth is not to be trusted..

Bob Corker is the one that really pissed me off.. This inbred cocksucker knows nothing about manufacturing and needs to shut his mouth. Saying the only way the autos can become profitable again is basically fucking over the current works and the retirees.. Then he calls out Gettlefinger saying he needs to cut our wages.. I don't see this asshole taking a wage cut for running up the giant deficit this country faces now. Hypocrit asshole tossing boulders while living in a glass house

The fucked up trade laws are the main problem here along with the same assholes that are grilling the D3 when they decided that everyone should be approved for a home loan.. Lets see you and your wife both work at McDonalds and make 35000 a year combined.. Sure you can have a loan for 150K.. Complete morons running this country..

We need to get the trade laws fixed asap.. Letting the foreign auto companies not pay any tariffs like we have to when we send our cars to their country is total bullshit.. Allowing the Chinese to manipulate their currency for an unfair trade advantage is bullshit.. Rewarding these large corporations for outsourcing jobs to third world countries is bullshit..

Great post Shaz!

I've got a question for Shelby: WHO PUT THE DICK ON YOUR HEAD??? And tried to make it look like a Senator? :devil::hysterical: :devil2: :banmolest: :kissass: :beatdeadhorse:
he wants to be a hero to the japs and germans , also he better pray a hurricane or eathquake doesnt hit because we should block all aid to that state i will urge all senetors to block aid let them call toyoda ,honda , nissan dont want my tax dollars going to a lost cause .

he wants to be a hero to the japs and germans , also he better pray a hurricane or eathquake doesnt hit because we should block all aid to that state i will urge all senetors to block aid let them call toyoda ,honda , nissan dont want my tax dollars going to a lost cause .

After they pass card check the uaw needs to go down there in force and run adds asking those workers to join a union. show them the pay difference between Hyundai in alabama and Toyota for example in Kent. Toyota pays $25 an hour Hyundai pays $17. There getting the shit worked out of them for pennies on the $.

I guess these foreign makers think that southern people are still the backwards hillbillies that they were perceived to be decades ago. Thats why they go there and offer them $17 an hour while getting tax cuts from the state of alabama adding up to $186K per worker. Total bullshit!!!!!

• 2 months later...
I've got a question for Shelby: WHO PUT THE DICK ON YOUR HEAD??? And tried to make it look like a Senator? :devil::hysterical: :devil2: :banmolest: :kissass: :beatdeadhorse:

I've got another question: How is it he can shove a $871,000 earmark in these so called (UP YOUR ASS) STIMULUS BILLS for Catfish Genome research at the University of Auburn in Alabama?

But on the flipside, that's pocket change compared to the scumbags who ask for millions for even worse projects. FUCK ALL THESE POLITICANS.

Oh, I forgot... YOU PEOPLE VOTED FOR "CHANGE" DIDN'T YOU?

:bowdown:

I've got another question: How is it he can shove a $871,000 earmark in these so called (UP YOUR ASS) STIMULUS BILLS for Catfish Genome research at the University of Auburn in Alabama?

But on the flipside, that's pocket change compared to the scumbags who ask for millions for even worse projects. FUCK ALL THESE POLITICANS.

By the People, for the People has now been replaced by...By the Rich Corporations, for the Rich Corporations. Republicans nor Democrats care one hill of beans about the working class any more...at Election time some of the Dems. will come stroking the Labor Unions for a vote, but after elections it is business as usual.

And they need to hire professors to teach this also. It creates jobs and it is needed so if the fish start dying off we will know why and how to fix it. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by fordworker