JSp eliminated or suspended?

lquidspine

Is it an elimination or suspension  

46 members have voted

1. 1. If there is no more JSP is it an elimination or suspension

• Elimination
    • Suspension

I am very curious to find out what people think that are employee's I realize that salaried post here so this is not an official survey. Just for my Own curiosity.

Is the so called suspension of JSP a suspension or elimination of JSP?

I tell ya if they get rid of the JSP then by god the orange people must go!!!! Place the FORD employees that are in JSP in the ORANGE peoples places, I hate sounding so cold but thats the way it is. You can not have Orange people working in a FORD plant of ANY kind and keep the Ford people out of work (with no JSP). FORD FOR LIFE, NOT ORANGE FOR LIFE. Hopefully it will not come to this. And please don't say we people had our shot at a Ford Plant, this is just a stupid response. We at closing plants DID sign flow backs, unfortunatly we didn't have the senority to get the plants we signed for. And don't say we should of signed Dearborn Heritage, The flow backs were our choices, pick a few plants that we WANTED to go to. IF forced to Dearborn Heritage we will go and with a smile on our faces. Hopefully our leader RON will not give in. And by the way has anyone heard if he was willing to work for far less money till the economy picks back up? :blah: :blah: :blah:

Good question lquidspine, I was wondering that myself. I think and guess, it was defered untill this loan issue was worked out, but nobody has been really clear on this subject.

I also would like to know why we have Temps working while full time brothers and sisters are placed in the JSP? I know that in the past, temps where brought in at different plants for attendance coverage's and that wouldnt be a full time position. Would that fact have any effect on our current condition concerning JSP folks?

Anyways, for those of you that are in the program, my heart goes out to you and your familes. Hopefully this all gets worked out and your taken care of as you should be and should have been from the start.

Solidarity, Seniority, Union.

The reason I posted this question is because I can not get any strait answers at my Unit level Representatives currently. They simply say JSP is gone and the contract clearly says they can make adjustments , but no where does it say they can eliminate it altogether. And an elimination would mean that the national administrative committee's have abused their powers by not letting the rank and file vote on this subject.

Some questions I would ask Bob King or Mr. Gettlfinger

1) What will happen to people that exhaust their 48 ILO status that would typically be eligible for protected status ?

2) Will they continue getting full SUB in lieu of going to protected status ?

3) How can you justify workers being laid off with relatively high seniority from one plant while we have members with low seniority working in another facility?

4)With the elimination of JSP will we be going with system wide seniority?

5) Why have the local/international unions turned a blind eye to outsourced work won back in the 2007 contract still having that work being outsourced while we have many people out of work?

6) With the elimination of JSP will the local and international administrators be relieved of their duties and any compensation they receive for being on these committee's if there is any ?

7) If it really is just a suspension of JSP and not an elimination like it sounds why was rank and file not allowed to vote on the matter ? The administrators ONLY have the right to make adjustments not to eliminate a program or for that matter suspend/forfeit whatever way you guys want to word it.

8) Out of all the concessions made that Mr. Gettlfinger himself said would not save the companies why give up our only protection from more outsourcing ? we all know the trade policies favor outsourcing and with the elimination of over 40,000 workers since 2005 why give up our only protection ?

9) If this measure is in fact only a suspension what is the time frame you are expecting the JSP program to be reinstated ?

10) Under what circumstances would you be willing to unsuspended/reinstate the JSP program ?

These are just a few questions I would have if Ron or Bob where standing in front of me, as well as some questions I urge all concerned members to be asking their local rep's.

The reason I posted this question is because I can not get any strait answers at my Unit level Representatives currently. They simply say JSP is gone and the contract clearly says they can make adjustments , but no where does it say they can eliminate it altogether. And an elimination would mean that the national administrative committee's have abused their powers by not letting the rank and file vote on this subject.

Some questions I would ask Bob King or Mr. Gettlfinger

1) What will happen to people that exhaust their 48 ILO status that would typically be eligible for protected status ?

2) Will they continue getting full SUB in lieu of going to protected status ?

3) How can you justify workers being laid off with relatively high seniority from one plant while we have members with low seniority working in another facility?

4)With the elimination of JSP will we be going with system wide seniority?

5) Why have the local/international unions turned a blind eye to outsourced work won back in the 2007 contract still having that work being outsourced while we have many people out of work?

6) With the elimination of JSP will the local and international administrators be relieved of their duties and any compensation they receive for being on these committee's if there is any ?

7) If it really is just a suspension of JSP and not an elimination like it sounds why was rank and file not allowed to vote on the matter ? The administrators ONLY have the right to make adjustments not to eliminate a program or for that matter suspend/forfeit whatever way you guys want to word it.

8) Out of all the concessions made that Mr. Gettlfinger himself said would not save the companies why give up our only protection from more outsourcing ? we all know the trade policies favor outsourcing and with the elimination of over 40,000 workers since 2005 why give up our only protection ?

9) If this measure is in fact only a suspension what is the time frame you are expecting the JSP program to be reinstated ?

10) Under what circumstances would you be willing to unsuspended/reinstate the JSP program ?

These are just a few questions I would have if Ron or Bob where standing in front of me, as well as some questions I urge all concerned members to be asking their local rep's.

All I know is that I work @ the Rawsonville Plant have been in JSP/GEN POOL for 6 months now @ home for 85%, and have not heard anything about going back to work, just last Monday I was told that more people (production workers) about 70 to 100 not sure exact # was placed in JSP/GEN because altenaters is now done, as well as every week we have between 50 to 150 people on TLO I have 10 years in and was told with the new people added were up to people with 12 years in the JSP/GEN. Plus all of our skill trades, I was told that there is no jobs in zone to move us/place us. Also people keep saying after thier unemployment runs out they get put in JSP/GEN, I have not been laid off or on TLO I went straight to the JSP/GEN have not used 1 week of unemployment. I am confused as everyone else!!!!

All I know is that I work @ the Rawsonville Plant have been in JSP/GEN POOL for 6 months now @ home for 85%, and have not heard anything about going back to work, just last Monday I was told that more people (production workers) about 70 to 100 not sure exact # was placed in JSP/GEN because altenaters is now done, as well as every week we have between 50 to 150 people on TLO I have 10 years in and was told with the new people added were up to people with 12 years in the JSP/GEN. Plus all of our skill trades, I was told that there is no jobs in zone to move us/place us. Also people keep saying after thier unemployment runs out they get put in JSP/GEN, I have not been laid off or on TLO I went straight to the JSP/GEN have not used 1 week of unemployment. I am confused as everyone else!!!!

I do not have the exact contract citation, but there is language where I believe in the case of a complete discontinuation of a product ILO employee's will go strait to JSP and bypass the 48 weeks of unemployment plus sub.

I do not have the exact contract citation, but there is language where I believe in the case of a complete discontinuation of a product ILO employee's will go strait to JSP and bypass the 48 weeks of unemployment plus sub.

Do you know if or when the JSP is eliminated or discontinued etc.., will we be able to THEN collect our original 48 weeks of unemployment and Sub Pay?

I was told by the ST committee, that JSP will be suspended, with the people that are in it, will stay in it, and no new will be placed. The details still have to be worked out. A big issue is that anyone that is laid off later will be on sub and unempl. They will be making less than those in JSP, BUT will have more seniority. That has to be worked out.

Do you know if or when the JSP is eliminated or discontinued etc.., will we be able to THEN collect our original 48 weeks of unemployment and Sub Pay?

Have not heard anything official sorry all just speculation until I see it on paper or hear it from Bob King or Ron, but by judging from what he said at the hearings last week its gone.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it can be "adjusted" by the International, but for it to be "eliminated" it would have to be voted on correct? I agree with Spring, I think they are playing word games to keep it from being voted on. I think that Int. knows it would not pass a vote, so they are doing what they think is best for all of us. I could be wrong.

I was told by the ST committee, that JSP will be suspended, with the people that are in it, will stay in it, and no new will be placed. The details still have to be worked out. A big issue is that anyone that is laid off later will be on sub and unempl. They will be making less than those in JSP, BUT will have more seniority. That has to be worked out.

KEEP DREAMIN

So a guy with 2000 in it today stays and later a plant closes and a guy with 27 yrs in laodoff witj no JSP

Ya OK keep dreaming low seniority will go first...period U gotts have 15 yrs to get JSP now watch and see.

I am very curious to find out what people think that are employee's I realize that salaried post here so this is not an official survey. Just for my Own curiosity.

Is the so called suspension of JSP a suspension or elimination of JSP?

been told by a very reliable source. they were told in no uncertain terms not to use the word eliminated. but it is eliminated without a doubt.

been told by a very reliable source. they were told in no uncertain terms not to use the word eliminated. but it is eliminated without a doubt.

Same goes from what Ive been told by some of my sources.

It will be interesting to see the reports in the near future from those that are actually in it. I honestly could not tell you 5 different plants and I have never used this benefit.

JSP must not be gone. i am still getting my checks.

Was just told today by a committee person at my plant that the 50 to 100 more people who was suppose to go in the JSP last week did not, we just added more people to being on TLO, they said no more were able to go in it, and I asked what about us who are in it now he said they are trying to figure out what to do there are no jobs in zone to move us to and and no knew posting coming that he was aware of.So we will see.

Was just told today by a committee person at my plant that the 50 to 100 more people who was suppose to go in the JSP last week did not, we just added more people to being on TLO, they said no more were able to go in it, and I asked what about us who are in it now he said they are trying to figure out what to do there are no jobs in zone to move us to and and no knew posting coming that he was aware of.So we will see.

from what i had heard there was a group that went in after thanksgiving and the next group wasnt scheduled to go in until next week.. i'm sure this week we'll know more.