Buick LaCrosse spy shots

Mark B. Morrow

The gauge cluster looks like it has a pancake on top of it.

rabbit.gif

invicta.jpg

Not sure about pancakes, but that gauge cluster does not flow with the rest of the dash.

IMHO, that entire dash looks crappy. Hate the droopy dash look, gauge cluster, and the center stack buttons, holly buttons. I thought the Fords looked over-done with buttons. At least the Fords look to be grouped and organized well. This looks simply like a glob of buttons.

And they have exposed Buick badges, but tape over the steering wheel badge, why?

Edited by V8-X

Not sure about pancakes, but that gauge cluster does not flow with the rest of the dash.

Maybe it's just me but the first time I saw the pic of the interior, I thought of that pic of the bunny with the pancakes on his head.

Maybe therapy is the answer....

Maybe it's just me but the first time I saw the pic of the interior, I thought of that pic of the bunny with the pancakes on his head.

Maybe therapy is the answer....

Nah, it has it's resemblence. I thought the gauge cluster kind of looked like...wall-e.jpg...poking out his head from the dash.

IMHO, that entire dash looks crappy. Hate the droopy dash look, gauge cluster, and the center stack buttons, holly buttons. I thought the Fords looked over-done with buttons. At least the Fords look to be grouped and organized well. This looks simply like a glob of buttons.

And they have exposed Buick badges, but tape over the steering wheel badge, why?

I highly agree with your comments about the dash.

Ford has done the same thing in the Taurus spy shots - exposed Ford emblems outside, but a covered steering wheel badge, but I suppose you could still ask why?

Edited by rmc523

It looks like Buick is turning Japanese, it's turning Japanese, I really think so...

(cue solo)

Seriously, this doesn't look like a GM car. The Malibu looks like a GM car. This, this looks like a Hyundai wannabe, which... doesn't seem right at all. Maybe a Toyota wannabe, to keep the nationalities in tune.

It's better than the current LaCrosse -- that one looked like crap from year 2 -- but I still would say the Lucerne is much better.

I just can't see this working well for the Buick nameplate. Pontiac, maybe. Buick? Maybe I've pigeonholed it too much but it just doesn't look "GM" and Buick always screamed "middle of the road GM" to me.

How will it drive is the real question, because if its sport tuned, then they might be able to turn Buick around with all the tech gear inside and the exterior. Think like what they tried with the Pontiac Bonneville and Oldsmobile Aurora (albeit the second generation Aurora was a monstrosity).

Edited by Roadrunner

It looks like Buick is turning Japanese, it's turning Japanese, I really think so...

Chinese, technically.

Then again, if they made the nose more blunt like as seen in this older spy shot (link below), then that would improve things much more.

http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photos/imag....jpg&w=1024

Your link doesn't work. You'll have to link to the page with the story, and then we'll have to go find the right picture.

I hate the way LLN is doing their pictures now, the old way was so much easier to use/view.