Mich. top of Toyota plant list

Harry Bennet

Check detnews.com for details

They would most likely put their plant on the west side of the state, sday Grand Rapids

I'd welcome them, gonna need every tax payer in Michigan to pull Detroit through receivership

I'd drop a resume, building engines is nowhere near as bad as building the whole car

I don't have too many years in so I have little to lose

How about you out there with less than ten years?

I don't really believe Toyota would build a plant in the UAW's backyard

Probably just twisting Indiana or Iowa for concessions

They would most likely put their plant on the west side of the state, sday Grand Rapids

I'd welcome them, gonna need every tax payer in Michigan to pull Detroit through receivership

I'd drop a resume, building engines is nowhere near as bad as building the whole car

I have my doubts too, but they are building one in Ontario in the CAW's backyard. I guess anything is possible.

Actually, I hope they do come to michigan. For one thing, we need the jobs. And, Michigan still has the higest concentration of skilled manufacturing workers in the country. I don't think that they're too worried about the union. Most supplier wages and benifits are within what they japs pay anyway, but on top of that anti union sentiment is pretty high these days. With manufacturing leaving the state, and the economic climate becoming more favorable for business to come here, it is a real possibility that they will. I would bet that michigan still has the highest concentration of "big three" customers in the country, by putting a plant here, they can crack this market too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry Bennet,

I don't want any more foreign plants in the USA. They are like the plague - they will uncut wages and vehicle prices until US Companies go under. Remember when Standard Oil would setup a station across from the competition and give away gas until the competition was starved out of business. The Japs can't compete on a level playing field. They come in with no Healthcare or retiree legacy and hire young workers for less money and lower overall costs. How many times does this have happen before we learn our lesson. Try to find an American Built TV.

What will probably happen is our corrupt "business minded" international leaders will organize these Toyota plants, give the company the lower wages etc.... and we will be a piss stain on the wall of automotive industry. The international knows that companies like Toyota are going to thrive, and it is in their best interest to seek survival. It doesn't seem their best interest is your future.

Sorry to hear that you are so willing to jump ship, but keep in mind, youll be fighting this same battle again when another greedy $5 an hour company sets up a tent a mile up the road.

I only have 2 years in this plant, but I struggled and quit good jobs for the 89 day crap 2 times. I am staying to fight to keep what I worked for.

And just what type of "resume" would an unskilled laborer like yourself possess?

:lol: :lol:

I'd save the paperwork for something that is probably more your skill level, the drive through at Mickey D's?

BTW, the only thing more lame than your nym is your inability to spell it correctly, try "harry bennett" instead.

I hope the hell they do build here!!!!! Hey Ford is the one cutting jobs and outsourcing. I lost my job because Ford went to outsourcing. So, screw Ford and I will go to Toyota to work. I gotta do whats best for me and my family....EVEN if that means going to the company that will be taking over the number two spot because Ford doesnt have brains when it comes to running a company. Its not Toyota's fault that Ford is running deeper and deeper underground everyday. Hell, Billie Bob should take some lessons from them when it comes to customer service and loyalty. I will proudly drive my Ford product but I will work ANYWHERE to provide for me and my family. If you refuse a job at a place because of pride......well thats stupidity to me. You deserve to have no job if you are going to be like that.

I hope the hell they do build here!!!!! Hey Ford is the one cutting jobs and outsourcing. I lost my job because Ford went to outsourcing. So, screw Ford and I will go to Toyota to work. I gotta do whats best for me and my family....EVEN if that means going to the company that will be taking over the number two spot because Ford doesnt have brains when it comes to running a company. Its not Toyota's fault that Ford is running deeper and deeper underground everyday. Hell, Billie Bob should take some lessons from them when it comes to customer service and loyalty. I will proudly drive my Ford product but I will work ANYWHERE to provide for me and my family. If you refuse a job at a place because of pride......well thats stupidity to me. You deserve to have no job if you are going to be like that.

I usually respond to messages like yours with an intelligent reply. However, I must say... Fuck you. Go away. Vtep is being offered. and, in case you are a fucking retarded moron who posts without reading the past posts....

What will probably happen is our corrupt "business minded" international leaders will organize these Toyota plants, give the company the lower wages etc.... and we will be a piss stain on the wall of automotive industry. The international knows that companies like Toyota are going to thrive, and it is in their best interest to seek survival. It doesn't seem their best interest is your future.

Sorry to hear that you are so willing to jump ship, but keep in mind, youll be fighting this same battle again when another greedy $5 an hour company sets up a tent a mile up the road.

I only have 2 years in this plant, but I struggled and quit good jobs for the 89 day crap 2 times. I am staying to fight to keep what I worked for.

Now shut up and sit down little boy.

I hope they do eventually move to Michigan. Lord knows there will soon be enough factory space that they can choose from.

Hopefully the Japs moving into Michigan would be the nail on the coffin for the UAW and we can eventually get some better quality built cars from Ford again when they are no longer burdened by the outrageous UAW wages/benefits

Hopefully the Japs moving into Michigan would be the nail on the coffin for the UAW and we can eventually get some better quality built cars from Ford again when they are no longer burdened by the outrageous UAW wages/benefits

Ford is talking about shutting down ten assembly plants - we better beg Toyota.

And good bye UAW, I will not miss you~!

Hopefully, all the people who cut, criticize, denigrate, and bitch about the UAW will lose their jobs, houses, kids, and spouses. Then, they can work at Wal-Mart for $2.50/hr.

Tools.

I agree, why blame the UAW? They aren't perfect but look at the criticism they are getting - they negotiated the wages and benefits too high, and that makes them bad? It might be a problem, but not thee problem, at least as far as I am concerned.

What about Bush and the current crop of fascist in charge, they're passing a $170 billion dollar tax-cut. Not that I like taxes, but why more tax-cuts for the well off instead of focusing at least a small portion of money towards the beleaguered manufacturing industry.

In the new global world if we are to have any chance at all it will be through a better educated society. What do they cut in order to offset some of the tax-cuts? Education, now there's some real tools.

The new medicare legislation is getting ready to take effect. Gawd, what a friggin waste of $800 billion. It was written by the Health Care and pharmacuetical industry and it shows. As I tried to understand the legislation in order to help family members, I knew it was skewed toward industry, but I had no idea just how bad this legislation was, what a f'n joke. You want to talk about tools - whoever voted for these fascists - now they're the f'n tools!!

I hope they do eventually move to Michigan. Lord knows there will soon be enough factory space that they can choose from.

96 pony,

Be careful what you wish for - you might get it - it may not be what you expected! I invite you to read a POSTING on the Toyota - Kentucky Forum. Subject: Superior Maintenance - Sept 2005.

http://www.uawtmmk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1180

I support America and American Workers, American Unions, American Companies, American Management, American Government, American Buyers, American Military! Love it or Leave it!

96 pony,

Be careful what you wish for - you might get it - it may not be what you expected! I invite you to read a POSTING on the Toyota - Kentucky Forum. Subject: Superior Maintenance - Sept 2005.

I support America and American Workers, American Unions, American Companies, American Management, American Government, American Buyers, American Military! Love it or Leave it!

Richard, There are alot of very jealous individuals who tried to get jobs where we work, and didn't get them. Don't encourage these people, it keeps them posting here. They probably already work at Wal-Mart.

96 pony,

Richard,

That posting board absolutely scares the hell out of me. Why??? Because if their accounts are accurate, then is proves the UAW is dumber than I originally thought. Proof----------->They can't unionize disgruntled workers at THEIR largest competitor, they haven't hired a James Carville/Mary Matilin type to point this stuff out to the "Toyoty whooped" media, they aren't attempting to tie manufacturing retirement shortages to Social Security shortages. (if you tied them together, Americans WOULD PAY ATTENTION. This is a lack of a PAID POLITICAL STRATEGIST! And if we do have one, they stink, fire em, and hire a TOP GUN!)

Ya know what!!!!! Liberal and conservative UAW members-------->Can we agree to FORCE a hiring of a political strategist and spinner????????? What we have now sucks, and we are being made to look more than foolish for no reason. What's more, our message is not getting anywhere.

Hey, if Kerry and Bush and can say almost the opposite thing and make 47 to 51 percent of voters buy into it one way or the other; then it is obvious it was NOT what was said, but rather how it was portrayed.

HIRE A DAMN TOP GUN STRATEGIST/SPINNER WITH OUR CASH!!!!!!

Hopefully, all the people who cut, criticize, denigrate, and bitch about the UAW will lose their jobs, houses, kids, and spouses. Then, they can work at Wal-Mart for $2.50/hr.

Tools.

YUP, i totally agree...let them see what life is like without the UAW......

YUP, i totally agree...let them see what life is like without the UAW......

My man, once again, nail on the head. Without the UAW, there are no standards, no paid vacations, no personal time, no retirement. Who do these morons think set the job standards for everyone else? Why do you think every job ad in the paper says paid vacations, time and a half over 8,etc....... these asses need to make more money so they can buy a clue.

Richard,

That posting board absolutely scares the hell out of me. Why??? Because if their accounts are accurate, then is proves the UAW is dumber than I originally thought. Proof----------->They can't unionize disgruntled workers at THEIR largest competitor, they haven't hired a James Carville/Mary Matilin type to point this stuff out to the "Toyoty whooped" media, they aren't attempting to tie manufacturing retirement shortages to Social Security shortages. (if you tied them together, Americans WOULD PAY ATTENTION. This is a lack of a PAID POLITICAL STRATEGIST! And if we do have one, they stink, fire em, and hire a TOP GUN!)

Ya know what!!!!! Liberal and conservative UAW members-------->Can we agree to FORCE a hiring of a political strategist and spinner????????? What we have now sucks, and we are being made to look more than foolish for no reason. What's more, our message is not getting anywhere.

Hey, if Kerry and Bush and can say almost the opposite thing and make 47 to 51 percent of voters buy into it one way or the other; then it is obvious it was NOT what was said, but rather how it was portrayed.

HIRE A DAMN TOP GUN STRATEGIST/SPINNER WITH OUR CASH!!!!!!

I completely agree. Obviously, they're incapable of organizing there, so yes they should get professional pols and consultants to help.

My man, once again, nail on the head. Without the UAW, there are no standards, no paid vacations, no personal time, no retirement. Who do these morons think set the job standards for everyone else? Why do you think every job ad in the paper says paid vacations, time and a half over 8,etc....... these asses need to make more money so they can buy a clue.

I think some of you guy's could not work on your own merits if you have any. I enjoy my job with ford. It was not my first job and it may not be my last. Point being is there are many workers out there and most are non-union. Many have good benefits and many more do not. Instead of learning new skills to provide for yourself many rely on a union or government or someone else for their well being. The days of getting paid $26.00 for handling bulb shields may be coming to an end and if that is your only skill the future might be unkind to you and yours. If your smart you will plan for your own retirement and save some of your own money.The UAW did good things in the past but what have they done lately? Look closely at your pay check. It does not say UAW on it.

I completely agree. Obviously, they're incapable of organizing there, so yes they should get professional pols and consultants to help.

You see all, Methos and I are from very different ends of the spectrum, yet we both agree that hiring a James Carville, Mary Matlin, or Carl Rove type to help spin our political message, or our stance on what is happening in the industry is an excellent idea. Long gone are the days a UAW official should go to the podium in front of the media with the ever popular "no comment!"

If the media is going to cover their reaction, then they need to "spin" our reaction where it resonates with many Americans. A "no comment" reaction is not even noteworthy!!!!! Here, the media gives us an excellent opportunity to reach out with our version, and our guys blow it.

If the UAW wants to be a player in fixing this mess without sacrificing power and prestige, they need to get smart........and so do we.

Once more, any of these 3 "topgun" strategists; along with a few others, have the medias respect. What they say, and how they say it, will be reported. Seems ridiculous to me that the UAW pays to help someone get elected, then some of that cash goes to ofset the cost of one of these people, yet when it comes to us, they won't spend a nickel on them.

Remember, "it is not what you say, as much as how you say it" that changes minds. One of these people would INSTANTLY tie our underfunded retirement as an example of the "underfunded" social security situation. If they did, it would become national news, as all Americans are interested in the situation of SS. Our problems/solutions would ride these "coat tails" to prominence in attention. I am sure a comedian would then start tieing our competitors to the problem,(just as they tie Bush/Kerry) and as long as it was not us doing it directly, it would become not so avante gaurd to own a foreign car. As Americans perception of the problem changed, the media would have little choice to change with it, as the medias stance is, "always pick a winner!"

Hey, these people are very good!!!! They had half of the populace wanting to strangle Bush, and had the other half wanting to strangle Kerry. Imagine if they get half wanting to strangle Toyoty, and force them to answer very uncomfortable questions!!!!!!!! Would that not be worth the money!!!!!!!!!

Ford can't do this as they are a company, but the UAW can since everyone is aware of what/who they stand for. Toyoty can't for the same reason as Ford......and if they dared try cause it was working for us, the media would have a field day with it, lolol!!!!

Seems like a no-brainer to me, but then I do not control the purse strings of the UAW.

Edited by Imawhosure

Toyota and Honda have made GM and Ford make better cars and truck across the last 20 years

Has the UAW improved in the last 20 years?

GM and Ford may have increased quality in the past 20 years- was this done without the UAW?

It must have been salary that rolled up their sleeves and did the work themselves while the UAW guy sat watching, drinking coffee, maybe balancing his checkbook?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Harry, you may not be trying to be funny, but you got me laughing!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm.......The UAW is the one to blame for American auto workers losing their jobs.

The UAW is pricing the worker out of a job.

Toyota build a plant in Michigan? Could be interesting. Let's see, the UAW wreak havoc on the big three

and eventually wormed their way into the American car factories back in the 30's?

Why can't the UAW do it again. We can all have a bloody fun hell of a time all over again.

How many innocent lives were lost when the UAW first organized in Detroit?

Why doesn't the UAW have the balls to go after these Jap companies?

GM and Ford may have increased quality in the past 20 years- was this done without the UAW?

It must have been salary that rolled up their sleeves and did the work themselves while the UAW guy sat watching, drinking coffee, maybe balancing his checkbook?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Harry, you may not be trying to be funny, but you got me laughing!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you missed my point

The customer got more from GM and Ford in the cars and truck they bought, the competition form Hona and Toyota made them better

When I ask has the UAW gotten better, I mean 'has the UAW LEADERSHIP done anything more for the rank and file?'

Compare another national group, the National Rifle Association

If the NRA leadership was effective as team Solidarity House, guns would be illegal

If the UAW ran itself like the NRA it would be damn near illegal to buy a non-UAW product

The current UAW leadership, with no competition and no internal opposition party, is cruising along, pointing out the icebergs but not steering around them, rank and file be damned

If legacy costs are allowed to sink Ford and GM the UAW gains nothing

I am not the first to suggest this but agian 'let the UAW use some of the strike fund to underwrite retiree benefits'

Now if that idea makes you laugh, I laugh with you :lol:

Don't kid yourself. Toyota is "toying" with Michigan-Ohio. Yes, there would a huge advantange to coming to this area with the expertise and a ready workforce. But why build here and not a right to work state. Toyota is going to dangle the carrot then take it away at the last second. If they do this enough times, right or wrong... the laws may change. Think about it. Why should they go to Michigan when they can get the Michiganites to come to them. You can't tell me that after tens of thousands are downsized out of job, the newly unemployed are just going to stick around until the region gets better. You go where the jobs are. That's what most of our great granpies did so what makes us any better than them.

Edited by Blowfish