Ranger refresh

Whether it needs it or not, it's not getting it.

True it doesnt look like it will happen. Yet it may happen sooner than we think, for ford is currently putting most of its effort into its small cars and vehicles.

Keeping that in mind, Ford has recently remodeled the Focus and Escape. The new Fusion, Mustang, Taurus, Fiesta, and even the Transit Connect are coming out soon. That leaves the Expedition, Explorer, F250( 350 etc) the econoline(soon to be canceled), the edge, the taurus X (soon to be canceled), and the ranger in line for refreshes. Ford already has plans for the Edge, and is working on the explorer and maybe even the expediton, so it seems logical that the smallest worker in their lineup would get a refresh soon as well.....just think about it.

I wonder if a TC with the back chopped off could work as a little truck. I mean it wouldn't be very truck-y, but it may work.

^ this is like me wondering (based on something read-long-ago & don't have the link to) about the T6 trucklet platform being capable of supporting sedans

Pulling more pictures out of the archives, I had a Ranger I drew years ago. It's styling is more akin to the '97-'03 F-150, in other words, it's more swoopy and curvy than today's trucks. I know the drawing quality is bad, but I hope ya'll get the gist of the design.

post-28332-1233182544_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
like so?

Close, the cab looks a bit too tall now though, I'd suggest making it a bit shorter, and chopping a tiny bit off the outside of the mirrors (to make them thinner as well). Making the whole vehicle slightly lower may help too, but I'm not sure.

I hope you understand where I was coming from regarding the size issue, right?

Also, I just noticed the windshield wipers....was that done on purpose, or just because you copied half and flipped it?

Close, the cab looks a bit too tall now though, I'd suggest making it a bit shorter, and chopping a tiny bit off the outside of the mirrors (to make them thinner as well). Making the whole vehicle slightly lower may help too, but I'm not sure.

I hope you understand where I was coming from regarding the size issue, right?

Also, I just noticed the windshield wipers....was that done on purpose, or just because you copied half and flipped it?

Yeah i know where you are coming from. Ha, I hadn't even noticed that. Yeah.....that happened because i edited one side copied it then flipped it over, to make a completely edited vehicle.

Yeah, I figured that's what you did.

Personally, i think the Ranger is the best small size pickup truck out there on the market. Of course, i say that because i drive a dated 1999 Ranger and its the best. I still love the looks of the current ranger believe it or not, if i had 20,000 i would get me a 2009 Ranger 4.0 Ranger 2wd extended cab with a camper shell. I would love to have another 3.0 V6 but FORD ENDED PRODUCTION OF IT, BLAST!!!

• 1 month later...

The quickest way to build an F100 would be to base it on the latest Escape/Mariner/Tribute platform. The prices are reasonable, the drivelines are modern and very economical, and they probably could be modified to tow up to maybe 5000 lbs. when equipped right. A pick up version would share everything bodywise from the front doors forward including a lot of the interior. It would look awkward as a four door but fine as a standard two door or super cab.

The quickest way to build an F100 would be to base it on the latest Escape/Mariner/Tribute platform. The prices are reasonable, the drivelines are modern and very economical, and they probably could be modified to tow up to maybe 5000 lbs. when equipped right. A pick up version would share everything bodywise from the front doors forward including a lot of the interior. It would look awkward as a four door but fine as a standard two door or super cab.

A SuperCrew (4-door) would be necessary on any F-100 - that's one of Ranger's current downfalls.