GM Says UAW PAy Cuts Not Needed

Well that's a good sign, right?

There gonna cut other areas. WTF do you think that means? :finger: benefits, VEBA, vacation daysoff cut, co pays and on and on etc.

work rules AKA NO more seniority placement :hysterical::hysterical: ya like thats gonna pass :hysterical::hysterical:

match our vac. and holidays and cancel the summer/Xmas shutdown :censored: and match our breaks with Toyota :hysterical: work 10 hours get a 15 and 10 minute break and a 30 lunch :stirpot: fuck that

:happy feet: Although Forced rotation is a good move :happy feet: would eliminate injuries and the higher seniority guys doing all the jobs could help when they try to add work instead of fucking the lower seniority guys and giving them overloaded jobs :shades:

Edited by fordworker

Guess we will find out by March 31 st what 'other things' means.The situation is very fluid.I don`t see the U.S. Taxpayer indefinetly extending loans to GM without some sort of concessions.Even then GM is a consumer company,vehicle sales are the key.Obama should float the idea of a tax rebate to purchaser`s of a new vehicle assembled in the USA.

There gonna cut other areas. WTF do you think that means? :finger: benefits, VEBA, vacation daysoff cut, co pays and on and on etc.

work rules AKA NO more seniority placement :hysterical::hysterical: ya like thats gonna pass :hysterical::hysterical:

match our vac. and holidays and cancel the summer/Xmas shutdown :censored: and match our breaks with Toyota :hysterical: work 10 hours get a 15 and 10 minute break and a 30 lunch :stirpot: fuck that

:happy feet: Although Forced rotation is a good move :happy feet: would eliminate injuries and the higher seniority guys doing all the jobs could help when they try to add work instead of fucking the lower seniority guys and giving them overloaded jobs :shades:

Summer/Xmas shutdowns are not just for the benefit of the line workers. This is time for maint. to do the things they need to do.

Summer/Xmas shutdowns are not just for the benefit of the line workers. This is time for maint. to do the things they need to do.

not true. Toyota and Honda dont have a summer shutdown for 2 weeks and they dont get a week and a half off for xmas either.

Id rather have the summer shutdown off and forefit 2 weeks of pay then not have it off.

Summer shutdown is nothing more than vacation. The purpose is to do maintenance and to place people on vacation so they don't have to carry so many extra heads during the year to cover vacation.

not true. Toyota and Honda dont have a summer shutdown for 2 weeks and they dont get a week and a half off for xmas either.

Id rather have the summer shutdown off and forefit 2 weeks of pay then not have it off.

I have always been told that my plant needs the down time for maint. repairs and upgrades

Summer shutdown is nothing more than vacation. The purpose is to do maintenance and to place people on vacation so they don't have to carry so many extra heads during the year to cover vacation.

not true.. If that were true then Toyota would have it also. You think toyota gives guys with 1 year seniority a 2 week summer vacation? Its a UAW perk and they better not give it up :censored:

not true.. If that were true then Toyota would have it also. You think toyota gives guys with 1 year seniority a 2 week summer vacation? Its a UAW perk and they better not give it up :censored:

That is not a UAW perk, no where in the contract does it say we will shut down for summer.

How is it a perk when you have 1 year under your belt and you have to file for unemployment?

It's not a perk, it is forced vacation, you have no choice in the matter in less you re in skilled trades. If you don't have enough vacation then you are laid off. They started it in the 80s when the economy was all screwed up.

It's not a perk, it is forced vacation, you have no choice in the matter in less you re in skilled trades. If you don't have enough vacation then you are laid off. They started it in the 80s when the economy was all screwed up.

And it sucks when you don't have more than 2 weeks vacation time coming. How many of the ones complaining about our benefits are forced to take a vacation when their employers tell them to.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Some people just don't understand how the business is run. Instead of asking questions why things are done a certain way, they woukd rather bash the union and or co. instead of learning the reason for decisions.

P.S. Lee's would be alright. :hysterical:

My brother works for Toyota, I don't know for sure about the forced 2 week vacation, but he does get the same amount of Christmas time off, the same amount of holidays, he makes within pennies on the hour of what we do, has very similar health benefits, gets more bonuses than we do & loves his job, I' msick of hearing how we get so much more than them, it is not true.

My brother works for Toyota, I don't know for sure about the forced 2 week vacation, but he does get the same amount of Christmas time off, the same amount of holidays, he makes within pennies on the hour of what we do, has very similar health benefits, gets more bonuses than we do & loves his job, I' msick of hearing how we get so much more than them, it is not true.

The reason why it's done is simple. Most of our media and certainly Wall Street hates unions and will lie through their teeth to make unions look bad. The truth as you stated above needs to be told over and over again until more people know the truth.

He gets more bonuses because TOYOTA makes a PROFIT.. When Ford made a profit we got big bonuses in the late 90's so WTF.

toyota DOES NOT put up the the MEDICAL/RESTRICTION BULLSHIT GAME EITHER. Ford should have the same policy. You lie about a medical injury :finger: to get time off YOUR FIRED. No 2nd chances and NO BUYOUT/ NO unemployment either. :banghead:

You get a restriction then GO HOME until you can work. NO EXCEPTIONS// and watch how fast they drop their restrictions.

He gets more bonuses because TOYOTA makes a PROFIT.. When Ford made a profit we got big bonuses in the late 90's so WTF.

toyota DOES NOT put up the the MEDICAL/RESTRICTION BULLSHIT GAME EITHER. Ford should have the same policy. You lie about a medical injury :finger: to get time off YOUR FIRED. No 2nd chances and NO BUYOUT/ NO unemployment either. :banghead:

You get a restriction then GO HOME until you can work. NO EXCEPTIONS// and watch how fast they drop their restrictions.

I wish Ford would stop letting people play the medical games. If your hurt thats one thing, but if your not then you need to pull your weight just like everyone else. I know a guy that plays the restriction games when a person on the team is being trained so he can bump the person off their job and train the new guy so he only has to do half a job. When there is no gravy work available then does his own job. He claims he hurt his back so he takes a medical leave for a few weeks and while he is off he goes on long horse back rides.

What about the guy that has a hurt back but while he was off on medical he built a deck on the back of his house while he was off due to restrictions? Crap like that is what makes insurance so expensive.

I like to go hunting and fishing to, but I'm not going to the doc to get a note to miss work so I can.

The bummer of it all is that sometimes it makes it hard to tell who really is hurt.

Edited by Makeastand

I wish Ford would stop letting people play the medical games. If your hurt thats one thing, but if your not then you need to pull your weight just like everyone else. I know a guy that plays the restriction games when a person on the team is being trained so he can bump the person off their job and train the new guy so he only has to do half a job. When there is no gravy work available then does his own job. He claims he hurt his back so he takes a medical leave for a few weeks and while he is off he goes on long horse back rides.

What about the guy that has a hurt back but while he was off on medical he built a deck on the back of his house while he was off due to restrictions? Crap like that is what makes insurance so expensive.

I like to go hunting and fishing to, but I'm not going to the doc to get a note to miss work so I can.

The bummer of it all is that sometimes it makes it hard to tell who really is hurt.

I FEEL THAT PAIN!