"when white embraces what's right".....

Hvcpicker

:banghead: ....."when white embraces what's right"???? I had hoped that this man would unite not divide. Why disrespect the millions of white people who voted for this man? I guess we should just assume we (white people) are to be schooled in the way of life huh? I am very dissapointed. This speach , poems and all that happened today is tightly scripted so dont tell me it wasnt him , he approved all that was said today. That was wrong.

:banghead: ....."when white embraces what's right"???? I had hoped that this man would unite not divide. Why disrespect the millions of white people who voted for this man? I guess we should just assume we (white people) are to be schooled in the way of life huh? I am very dissapointed. This speach , poems and all that happened today is tightly scripted so dont tell me it wasnt him , he approved all that was said today. That was wrong.

Lets not forget that obama's white too. his mother was white and his father was african. the media has it all wrong. he is not the first african american president, he is the first bi-racial president. unload on me......

I think the person who said that in their speech was actually "modernizing" an old saying that people used to say when referring to racist behavior. "Black-Get back, White-Ain't Right, Brown...". So I don't think it was meant to be offensive, but to show that the old saying now has to change. So he said something like, "Black, don't have to get back,..., white embraces what's right"..." Therefore I'm sure the one thing at least most agree on, anyone who holds a racist ideology "ain't right".

Besides, like you said, this one and nearly every inauguration in this nation's history has been scripted. So what would be the point? Please remember, if the President were to allow a snide remark to be made about someone white, he's talking about his own mother who raised him. I don't talk about mine in a disparaging way, and I'm assuming you don't talk about yours like that, so I'm sure he would not. Let's move on from this kind of mess.

Are you talking about the inauguration speech? I don't remember hearing that and I pulled up the transcripted version of his speech today and I don't see it anywhere. Maybe you should look further into things before you :stirpot:

Lets not forget that obama's white too. his mother was white and his father was african. the media has it all wrong. he is not the first african american president, he is the first bi-racial president. unload on me......

:hysterical::hysterical: Ok..I'm un-loading on you..hahaha..Yeah, Bama's family is mutli-cultural. White, black, brown,etc....All I want is my "Green" to get right!

this quote was from the minister at the benediction not obama....and was uncalled for. it didn't leave a very good feeling to any of the caucasians watching i'm sure...many of which are also hurting in today's world.

Sorry Hvcpicker, I just found it. It was Rev. Lowery who said it.

If you look at the original transcript (which does not say who wrote it) there are footnotes in parenthesis (laughter) after a couple of sentences implying that these couple of statements are said jokingly.

Well Rev Lowerys voice isn't very clear so when he came on I went into the kitchen to get a drink and missed the rest of his rambling. I was told from people who watched it that he didn't say it in a joking matter and the audience didn't laugh.

I agree. It was totally uncalled for.

Again, I hope Obama and congress can work together and make positive progress for the American people and do so in a timely manner.

I agree. It was totally uncalled for.

Perhaps so. But really who cares. We can go back and attack a sh*t load of quotes from people in or around Bush's or Clinton's admin. and hammer them.(And some peeps do). If thats all you're looking for maybe Rush has an opening for an intern on his show.

The whole point is at this juncture in our history, we need to work together to get things done.Lets hope it happens. After the last 8-10yrs, I'm certainly going to be optimistic.

guess what genius,if you look white,you are white. if you look black,you are black.if you immigrated from africa you are african-american.if you were born here you are just a plain old american.get over it.obama is black.lets hope he can do some good for us. personally im not holding my breath,but i wish him,you,and all of us nothing but the best.sub-dividing into hyphenated groups only serves to seperate and isolate. we are all americans and members of the human race. the rest is bullshit.

guess what genius,if you look white,you are white. if you look black,you are black.if you immigrated from africa you are african-american.if you were born here you are just a plain old american.get over it.obama is black.lets hope he can do some good for us. personally im not holding my breath,but i wish him,you,and all of us nothing but the best.sub-dividing into hyphenated groups only serves to seperate and isolate. we are all americans and members of the human race. the rest is bullshit.

Obama couldnt have said it any better............

Embrace my white nuts!!! Get my loot right stimey..

I just hope Obama and congress can put there heads together and make progress for the good of the American people. I don't give a shit what color anybody is, lets just get business taken care of to get our Nation back in working order.

Amen! We can sit here and pick each other apart over what is said.... "Or we can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get back to business of building a stronger United States."

It's day 2 "A place called hope."

:reading: Listen , I am not against anyone , only those who offend me. Lowery , in my post it wasnt clear what i was saying, offended me. Period . He and his poem were given the green light by the president. On a day where soo much hope would be given why go there. That being said it is done and we should move on. I ask this though , would any other president be given this sort of pass ? This needs to be about us all TOGETHER. Thats all i am saying. I have moved on after this and hope for the best with OUR president. :shades:

I was offended by it, but I was not surprised, but then again I never believed the lunacy that only whites can be racist. Thats blatanly stupid. But if Obama can fix what really ails urban areas like Detroit I will be a pleasantly surprised. But blaming it on the white man will not improve anything, just make some feel good.

I was offended by it, but I was not surprised, but then again I never believed the lunacy that only whites can be racist. Thats blatanly stupid. But if Obama can fix what really ails urban areas like Detroit I will be a pleasantly surprised. But blaming it on the white man will not improve anything, just make some feel good.

Amen Brother! America is broken and Obama is who has been voted in to fix it. But like any other addict we (America) have to hit rock bottom and have to want to help ourselves, before anyone can help. I didnt vote for Obama but he is my president and its our duty as Americans to do what we have to, to help fix OUR country. We have to be the ones to repair what is wrong and QUIT counting on the government to do everything for us. Hell the government cant even get the switch to digital smoothly how can they fix our country. Its time for us to really get off our butts and do something for ourselves!!!