What Automotive Features Do You Hate?

OK kids, just a little something for fun here: :shades:

What features on cars drive you crazy?

Is it something native to all or a lot of vehicles? (Ex.=ABS Brakes)

Is it something specific to a certain make or model? (Ex.=Toyota's accursed VSC system that actually hampers their vehicles when in 4WD)

What about features from the past that are no longer around? (3-on-the-tree)

A couple I have:

1. DRLs. I know some folks here like the idea, but I never did, and never will.

2. Speed-Compensating Volume Control on stereos. Some automakers' systems outright suck!

3. As for the older features, I wasn't around yet, but what possessed anyone to think that wiper controls on the dash were a good idea? :do what:

Your Turn!

Edited by OHV 16V

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy:

The stalk mounted horn.

God, I remember those somebody back in my early childhood. I think my Dad's '84 T-Bird had that.

Otherwise, I love features, even if I don't use them ;) I think the feature that did not work particularly well for me was the rain sensing wipers in my 2000 and 2002 Lincoln LS, however I was furious when they eliminated them.

How many of you guys hated messing with distributor points? I've had that pleasure before... BIG thumbs-down

What the? Just replace the cap & rotor.

Another annoying feature:

Front doors that don't unlock when you pull the inside door handle.

That alone would probably keep my from ever buying a non-Ford product---------as the only other product I'd ever consider would be a Honda, and they don't unlock when you pull the door handle.

God, I remember those somebody back in my early childhood. I think my Dad's '84 T-Bird had that.

Otherwise, I love features, even if I don't use them ;) I think the feature that did not work particularly well for me was the rain sensing wipers in my 2000 and 2002 Lincoln LS, however I was furious when they eliminated them.

Yeah, the rain sensing wipers on the LS are a bit flaky. I hate it when they suddenly activate for no reason.

Yeah, the rain sensing wipers on the LS are a bit flaky. I hate it when they suddenly activate for no reason.

Really the only problem I had with them was when it was misting, the sensors really couldn't pick up on the light stuff very well, especially in winter. However, once it started to precipitate heavy enough, they worked great, adjusting the speed depending on intensity, etc.. My MKS has them and they work amazingly well, perfect springs to mind. The whole car is perfection on 4-wheels of course ;).

Edited by BORG

The stalk/turn signal cruise control on older Gm cars.

My number one pet pieve is those stupid symbols that tell you this one is lights, this one is wipers, this one is coolant, ect............................

Why the hell do they do that? Why not just spell it out in plain english??????????????

Also Fords fake guages that are idiot lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by chevys

Really the only problem I had with them was when it was misting, the sensors really couldn't pick up on the light stuff very well, especially in winter. However, once it started to precipitate heavy enough, they worked great, adjusting the speed depending on intensity, etc.. My MKS has them and they work amazingly well, perfect springs to mind. The whole car is perfection on 4-wheels of course ;).

Ours will suddenly activate even though it's dry. It's a rare occurance though so I'm not really concerned about having it looked at right now.

Another annoying feature:

Front doors that don't unlock when you pull the inside door handle.

That alone would probably keep my from ever buying a non-Ford product---------as the only other product I'd ever consider would be a Honda, and they don't unlock when you pull the door handle.

Strange, my mother's old Legend (1990) had that feature.

How did we find out? My brother almost fell out of the car.