Mullaly rings man who chooses Ford Fusion Hybrid over Toyota Prius

niiiice...but since we are not expecting the car for 3 or more months what gives?????? are they thanking him for an order???????

Yes

When applicants were first being interviewed to replace Bill Ford as the top man in the Blue Oval Office, we wonder what exactly the process included. It turns out that in addition to being a pretty good salesman, Alan Mulally is also adept at making house calls. The FoMoCo CEO personally phoned Michael Snapper, a lawyer hailing from Grand Rapids, Michigan, to thank him for purchasing a Ford Fusion Hybrid over a Toyota Prius.

To put this into perspective, could you imagine getting a personal call from Honda's Takeo Fukui, personally thanking you for purchasing a Honda over a Harley? Or from Steve Jobs, congratulating you for choosing an iPod in lieu of a Zune? Ridiculous, no?

If this seems like nothing more than a publicity stunt, well, it's exactly that.

I like his thinking though. :beerchug:

My God, someone actually bought one...................

24,999 left!

Not sure if he'll do it for every Fusion Hybrid buyer (I doubt it), but if he did, it'd sorta be an incentive for an enthusiast to buy one.....you'd get to talk to him directly, that'd be pretty cool.

"Mulally rings man...."

What is this? Fake British day? Say "Mulally calls man" and have done.

Why not "Mulally rings up man on telly, offers to fill Fusion boot with a supermarket trolley of crisps, chips, etc."

Would you care for me to summon a lift for all of that sarcasm sir?

"Mulally rings man...."

What is this? Fake British day? Say "Mulally calls man" and have done.

Why not "Mulally rings up man on telly, offers to fill Fusion boot with a supermarket trolley of crisps, chips, etc."

You didn't bother to read the article.

This is what the article said:

The FoMoCo CEO personally phoned Michael Snapper, a lawyer hailing from Grand Rapids, Michigan, to thank him for purchasing a Ford Fusion Hybrid over a Toyota Prius.