2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

I thought it'd be useful to have a single thread to post order updates since the vehicle tracking forum is closed.

I ordered mine almost a month ago. My dealer hasn't heard a production date yet, but I'm hoping I might find out by next week since yesterday was the 2010 production startup date.

It'd also be good to know what S, SE, SEL, and Sport orderers are hearing from dealers in terms of production dates. I don't know if the hybrids will take longer to build, but I hope not. I'm really excited, but also anxious just to hear something :hyper:.

My order:

Fusion Hybrid

Sterling Gray

Leather Seating

Charcoal Black

502A Rapid Spec

Ordered: 1/9/09

Production: ???

Edited by ackbar

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine

301A Rapid Spec

Sterling Gray Clearcoat Metallic

SEL

3.0L V6

6 speed SelectShift™ Automatic

BLIS

Reverse Sensing system w/rear-view camera

Moon & Tune 12 speaker

DVD Nav w/Sync & SIRIUS Travel Link

Ordered: 12/4/08

Production: TBD

Edited by Sundedo

Here's mine

301A Rapid Spec

Sterling Gray Clearcoat Metallic

SEL

3.0L V6

6 speed SelectShift™ Automatic

BLIS

Reverse Sensing system w/rear-view camera

Moon & Tune 12 speaker

DVD Nav w/Sync & SIRIUS Travel Link

Ordered: 12/4/08

Production: TBD

And mine -

502A Rapidspec Hybrid

Ice Blue

[includes everything under the sun]

Ordered 1/1709

No production date as of last week

P0D Fusion Sport AWD

U1 Sport Blue (exterior)

V Lthr Seats-SPRT

B Sport Blue (seat inserts)

402A Rapid Spec -Electronics/Convenience GRP

-Blind Spot Detection

-RR View Camera

-Heated FRT STS

-AMB Lighting

-HTD Mirr W/Puddle Lamps

-Moon & Tune PKG

-Power Moonroof

-Sony Audio SYS

-Reverse Sensing

99C 3.5L 4V V6 ENG

44B 6-SPD AUTO TRAN

-P225/45R18 TIRE

55M Floor Mats, A/W

58N Navigation SYS

Ordered: 11/15/08

Ford init. priority 1 status change: 12/21/08

Production: Week of 2/16/09

Estimated Dealer ETA: Week of 3/2/09

Sweet! How'd you get the highest priority status? My dealer put mine in as a 10 which I thought was pretty good.

We're not really sure, the order just spit out an update one day that said "company submitted order" instead of "dealer submitted order" and the priority changed from 10 (highest priority the dealer can set) to priority 1.

We are thinking the regional reps are trying to get more Fusion sales and allocation in this area.

• 2 weeks later...
We're not really sure, the order just spit out an update one day that said "company submitted order" instead of "dealer submitted order" and the priority changed from 10 (highest priority the dealer can set) to priority 1.

We are thinking the regional reps are trying to get more Fusion sales and allocation in this area.

What area are you in??

I am from the metro Detroit region and I ordered my Fusion Hybrid on Feb 5th, Rapid Spec 501A light ice blue/charcoal interior. Dealer said he wasn't sure when I'd get my car. My order priority was 40. :banghead:

My sales rep was on vacation last week I'm going to go in this week and see if they got any info, hell I'd be happy if they told me I had a VIN.

What area are you in??

I am from the metro Detroit region and I ordered my Fusion Hybrid on Feb 5th, Rapid Spec 501A light ice blue/charcoal interior. Dealer said he wasn't sure when I'd get my car. My order priority was 40. :banghead:

My sales rep was on vacation last week I'm going to go in this week and see if they got any info, hell I'd be happy if they told me I had a VIN.

I live in the Chicago dealer region. The hybrids are a totally different allocation depending on past dealer sales, size, region, and award status within Ford. Good luck!

I live in the Chicago dealer region. The hybrids are a totally different allocation depending on past dealer sales, size, region, and award status within Ford. Good luck!

Well hopefully thats good for me, Southgate Ford is one of the larger dealerships by sales volume in the US.

So I'm going to cross my fingers!!!

I asked for an update this weekend, but dealer didn't have any more news on the Fusion hybrid I ordered in January. He seemed to believe he'd have a production date by early March, and he added that it will likely be at least April or May before I take possession (with no guarantees). The only good news is I'm the first 2010 Fusion customer on my dealer's list. :shades:

I asked for an update this weekend, but dealer didn't have any more news on the Fusion hybrid I ordered in January. He seemed to believe he'd have a production date by early March, and he added that it will likely be at least April or May before I take possession (with no guarantees). The only good news is I'm the first 2010 Fusion customer on my dealer's list. :shades:

My dealer ordered two for their lot, but I was the first customer order. Sigh...

That's odd you don't have a invoice since it's built. Mine is supposed to be built this week, and I recieved the invoice last Friday 2/13.

What's the actual status in the system? Maybe they are waiting to send out in one batch.

I went and talked to my dealer today, he said mine had not been built yet. Didn't have a VIN yet. He told me he talked to ford rep that told him they are basically going to build up a whole bunch, few thousand or some such, warehouse them, then mass ship them out. He also told me his dealership would be getting 3, maybe 4 including mine. He said his rough ETA would be at least April/May. But that he would call me as soon as they knew mine was being built.

Also as an interesting aside, the dealer told me that corporate WANTS these cars priced over sticker price. Like at least $1000 over. He said good thing I ordered when I did.

Edited by fusionhybrid85

Also as an interesting aside, the dealer told me that corporate WANTS these cars priced over sticker price. Like at least $1000 over. He said good thing I ordered when I did.

So if you ordered in advance, they will honor the price quoted when ordering?

I hope Ford is successful with the new Fusion. But (my opinion), it may be a little early to be asking $1000 over sticker price for the hybrid. I figure that either gas prices will need to increase dramatically, or the economy will need to rebound for that to work. I see risk in this, especially when Toyota is doing the opposite, and offering $1500 rebates on the Camry Hybrid, which is already cheaper to begin with. It may not be as good a car, but at some point the price differential gets hard to justify. Not that I would ever buy a Camry :boring: , but it's the closest competitor to the FFH.

Still, I hope everything works out so the Fusion (in all variations) is wildly successful and knocks the Camry or Accord of their perch. Just don't try that $1000 over sticker on me, after ordering and waiting patiently for many months!!!

I went and talked to my dealer today, he said mine had not been built yet. Didn't have a VIN yet. He told me he talked to ford rep that told him they are basically going to build up a whole bunch, few thousand or some such, warehouse them, then mass ship them out. He also told me his dealership would be getting 3, maybe 4 including mine. He said his rough ETA would be at least April/May. But that he would call me as soon as they knew mine was being built.

I may be wrong, but I think Ford wants to get people in the dealerships with the hybrids to offer a much better deal on the gas version. After all, the Fusion gas version is also killing FE over the gas Camry and Accord. When people see the new 6 speed transmission and fuel efficient 2.5L engine at such a big difference in price over the Fusion Hybrid, many will change their mind. The banks will loan over sticker price to credit worthy people but most credit worthy people don't want to get that upside down in a new hybrid vehicle. This requires a large down payment and doesn't justify the gas savings with the hybrid for most people.

Where I'm from, there appears to be quite a few 2009 Fusions and Milans on the lots. I'm sure Ford, and the dealers, want to make these old models look like an even better deal to move them out of stock. I have even seen 2008's still advertised. They're not going to give the customer a smokin' deal on a 2010 model with several 2009's sitting there. After the old stock is depleted, I'm sure the dealers will be offering good deals on the new models.

Ford corporate or the dealer's corporate? I don't think Ford would ever even suggest that dealers sell vehicles above MSRP. If it was the dealer's corporate headquarters then that I would believe.

Bucked (on assembly line): 2/17/09

Produced (built awaiting transport): 2/19/09

Should be loaded on rail car next week!

I will be very anxious to know what you think of it after you've driven it. You will have just about the same car as I. I recently read some very favorable comments on auotblog.com. You have probably seen them yourself. They say that passengers and onlookers will know that this is no ordinary mid-sized sedan based upon the sounds. They say, ". . . the ample powertrain proved to be very engaging . . ."

I think I really have something to look forward to. It will be my post-tax season gift (I'm a CPA).

I haven't heard anything regarding the build date yet.

Let us all hear from you when you get the new car.

Louis M

Where I'm from, there appears to be quite a few 2009 Fusions and Milans on the lots. I'm sure Ford, and the dealers, want to make these old models look like an even better deal to move them out of stock. I have even seen 2008's still advertised. They're not going to give the customer a smokin' deal on a 2010 model with several 2009's sitting there.

They are, however, giving smokin' deals on the 2009 Fusions. In January, I saw an ad run for two consecutive fridays for new 2009 Ford Fusion S manual for $11,977 (3 at this price). According to that dealer's on-line inventory, those three cars were still there the monday after the second ad. Another Ford dealer put out an ad of $6,500 off MSRP on new 2009 Ford Fusions (40+ at various option levels).