2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

Today, a salesperson from a local FLM dealership (one that is different from the Ford-only dealership that I ordered a Fusion Hybrid at) called me and told me that he has a Fusion Hybrid in stock in case I am interested and tried to sell me on the $3,400 credit. After hearing the configuration (basically, it sounded like a base hybrid) I decided not to pursue it, although obviously, I might be passing up on $1,700 worth of credit...

I have/had a similar situation. It really just came down to the color of the stock order for me. So I wait, but at least I'll be happier once I have mine...

I talked to my sales person last week and will again on Friday. My car should be in in mid-April.

Which model Fusion did you order and when did you order it?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my update today. My Fusion is on transport and is in Roanoke, IN :bandance:

It shipped March 19th. So hopefully it will be here by the end of the month. :yahoo:

I wonder if I should wait to sit down and start the finance paperwork or not...

Glad to hear the good news! Hope you will add some feedback once you get yours, as it looks like you'll be one of the first ones here to take delivery :)

Edited by ackbar

Glad to hear the good news! Hope you will add some feedback once you get yours, as it looks like you'll be one of the first ones here to take delivery :)

Yea, I can't wait. I've been driving my wife's '08 Fusion and it just reminds me of how fun they are to drive. Chiefstang's hands on impressions only stokes my desire for this vehicle :)

We're going to have to start a 2010 Fusion owner thread to post pictures and thoughts ;) Any word on yours?

Yea, I can't wait. I've been driving my wife's '08 Fusion and it just reminds me of how fun they are to drive. Chiefstang's hands on impressions only stokes my desire for this vehicle :)

We're going to have to start a 2010 Fusion owner thread to post pictures and thoughts ;) Any word on yours?

Mine is scheduled for production the week of April 20th. So I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have it by the second week of May, assuming it gets shipped right away. I guess that depends on whether Ford places a separate quality check hold on the hybrids, like they did with the regular Fusions. I do live live in a border state, so maybe that will speed up the delivery process :).

I have/had a similar situation. It really just came down to the color of the stock order for me. So I wait, but at least I'll be happier once I have mine...

All the dealer had were SEL's and FWD, so I had to order.

Which model Fusion did you order and when did you order it?

Fusion Sport with Moon and Tune, AWD in silver.

Mine is scheduled for production the week of April 20th. So I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have it by the second week of May, assuming it gets shipped right away. I guess that depends on whether Ford places a separate quality check hold on the hybrids, like they did with the regular Fusions. I do live live in a border state, so maybe that will speed up the delivery process :).

Yea, I hope they don't hold they hybrids either. I think it's important for Ford to get as many as it can on the road as soon as it can.

I talked to my dealer real quick about financing and she said the new programs come our April 1. This should be perfect timing for me. My goal right now is to take delivery by April 3-4 :)

Yea, I hope they don't hold they hybrids either. I think it's important for Ford to get as many as it can on the road as soon as it can.

I talked to my dealer real quick about financing and she said the new programs come our April 1. This should be perfect timing for me. My goal right now is to take delivery by April 3-4 :)

Took a test drive today of the 2010 Milan Hybrid at my dealer. Beautiful car, beautiful ride. They got one hybrid, one regular Milan and a Lincoln MKZ all made in mid February. They are going to try to hang on to the Hybrid so that they have a demo for people to test drive.

I took it on a couple mile city trip and was able to keep the milage at 31 mpg without much difficulty. Also really like the back up camera in the rearview mirror as well.

Mine won't be made for another week, but I am really looking forward to getting it. Enjoy your new cars!

Perhaps you should pick it up before Tuesday just to avoid any tax credit ambiguities with the whole date of possession issue.

How do you know when it is scheduled to arrive? I am waiting for my FFH, and I know it is supposed to arrive soon, but I don't know exactly when.

Mine is scheduled to arrive Sunday 3/29! But, I'll wait until Thursday to pick it up- I've waited this long!

I've had a sudden flood of people asking to see the Fusion Hybrid in the last three days, including the folks I just finished with. Problem is, it's the Hybrid Escape all over again. We have a tough time getting these damned things. It doesn't look like I'll be seeing one any time soon, either.

GRRRRR... :banghead:

I've had a sudden flood of people asking to see the Fusion Hybrid in the last three days, including the folks I just finished with. Problem is, it's the Hybrid Escape all over again. We have a tough time getting these damned things. It doesn't look like I'll be seeing one any time soon, either.

GRRRRR... :banghead:

Well, but at least this time you can show them a '09 Fusion and an Escape Hybrid, hopefully? (That way, you can show them both how it would look/feel and how the hybrid powertrain works.)

Well, but at least this time you can show them a '09 Fusion and an Escape Hybrid, hopefully? (That way, you can show them both how it would look/feel and how the hybrid powertrain works.)

Most of the Hybrids I get in are sold. It's pretty rare that we have a stock unit. It kinda sucks never having one to show. Kinda. Dean knows all about Hybrid "buyers".

Perhaps you should pick it up before Tuesday just to avoid any tax credit ambiguities with the whole date of possession issue.

How do you know when it is scheduled to arrive? I am waiting for my FFH, and I know it is supposed to arrive soon, but I don't know exactly when.

It's not a hybrid, and my dealer's printout said the ETA was 3/29.

Everything I have read suggests that Ford is attempting to let as many buyers as possible take advantage of the full tax credit and is prioritizing retail/verified orders ahead of dealer stock orders. After the first week in April, I suspect they will return to an allocation system and availability may depend on the market you are in.

If you let the opportunity slip by, then Chiefstang may be correct - hard to get like the Escape Hybrid. The commodities are limited and if Ford allocates primarily to the high penetration Hybrid markets, potential buyers may be too late to even get one. :redcard:

But, for the next two days, purchase (order) your FFH and/or MMH and go for the full $3,400 credit (and beat the allocation strategy Ford will have to institute for April and later orders.) :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well if I had ordered a non-hybrid Fusion I would probably be driving it off the lot. My dealer just got a half dozen new 2010 Ford Fusions. They have them stashed on the back lot out of sight because they still have about 16 2009 Fusions on lot...

Butttttttttt my dealer is telling me hopefully I'll have mine by the end of May.

Well if I had ordered a non-hybrid Fusion I would probably be driving it off the lot. My dealer just got a half dozen new 2010 Ford Fusions. They have them stashed on the back lot out of sight because they still have about 16 2009 Fusions on lot...

Butttttttttt my dealer is telling me hopefully I'll have mine by the end of May.

Fusionhybrid85, where are you, your dealer and the half dozen 2010 Fusion's located?

Fusionhybrid85, where are you, your dealer and the half dozen 2010 Fusion's located?

All in SE Michigan just a 10-15 minutes from Ford World HQ, however they still aren't showing up if you say check vehicle inventory on cars.com or fordvehicles.com

But the dealer has them, just hidden and tucked away

I'm surprised there still aren't any proud '10 owners posting pictures of their car....

I've only heard of one person here that has their 2010. I hope to have mine this weekend. The dealer is supposed to call me Wednesday or Thursday to talk financing :)

I'm surprised there still aren't any proud '10 owners posting pictures of their car....

From what I have found, Ford sent out a batch of later build (meaning built in the last few weeks) 4-cylinder units that were ordered for dealer stock to get a few out there for people to see. Mine was a early build (VIN in the 800's) and was in a holding lot since Feburary, (probably most early customer orders were there too), and they sent mine out last week. The railcars they send them on take quite a few days to the midwest, mine is in Kansas heading to Chicago, so I expect early next week (hoping).

From what I have found, Ford sent out a batch of later build (meaning built in the last few weeks) 4-cylinder units that were ordered for dealer stock to get a few out there for people to see. Mine was a early build (VIN in the 800's) and was in a holding lot since Feburary, (probably most early customer orders were there too), and they sent mine out last week. The railcars they send them on take quite a few days to the midwest, mine is in Kansas heading to Chicago, so I expect early next week (hoping).

My AWD Sport was ordered January 31. Do you have any info on when cars ordered at about that time might b delivered? My dealer said it would take about 8 weeks and we are just about there.

All in SE Michigan just a 10-15 minutes from Ford World HQ, however they still aren't showing up if you say check vehicle inventory on cars.com or fordvehicles.com

But the dealer has them, just hidden and tucked away

Are they fleet? Fleet orders have started dropping in abundence this week. Some of our local dealers still don't have any retail units, but rows of fleet orders. My store seems to have lucked out with these things. We've already gotten and sold a bunch of stock units. It's kinda cool to be the first one to have them. We're not the biggest store in town and are always last, it seems, to get the new stuff.

My AWD Sport was ordered January 31. Do you have any info on when cars ordered at about that time might b delivered? My dealer said it would take about 8 weeks and we are just about there.

Hi Louis, unfortunately there is really no rhyme or reason or coorilation between when the cars were ordered and when they are determining to ship them out. It seemed, at least initally, that the later built units were actually shipping out earlier than the units that were built the first few weeks of production. This is what I have gathered, it may or may not be correct. All I know is our dealer ordered a SE model in February and it's set to arrive 2 days ahead of mine which was ordered November 15th. If your dealer would really like to do you a favor, he has the ability to track your car at a fair level of detail. I wish I could give you more info, but there is no access to units ordered with other dealers. I feel your pain and good luck!