who is going to be building the transit?

Gooshie

some are based on the economy. The Avon Lake van is coming to Avon. The economy part will determine if we get 1 or 2 shifts but it is coming.

These are the facts

The Transit was scheduled to be imported 100% this agreement puts it in Avon

The new I4 engine program was to go to Spain now its going to Lima or Cleve #2 Id bet its plant#2

The new tranmission that Michigan is getting was going to Spain now its not

And Walton hills like Avon was scheduled to close along with Rawsonville and Sterling now there all getting new work.

Ford can make some parts cheaper in plant but right now they dont have the capital$$ to make the additions but in a couple of years when Ford is #1 in the USA they will be able to.

Im sure there is more.. Ask your president ask Nick. Ask Don S. or Kenny V. at international

The Transit was not going to be imported 100%.This agreement did not put it in Avon Lake simply because it was decided a long time that A.L.was where it would be built.Ford make long term plans,we knew that the Transit was coming to A.L.years ago,just like we knew that we were going to get the Escape years before Ford officially announced it.There are hundreds of workers in A.L. who will verify this for you.The Transit was scheduled to import app.20000units.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio assembly was visited today by members of the iuaw.They were walking through the plant answering questions asked by the membership.

I asked "Are we getting a new body shop and a new vehicle?".Don Schnur of the iuaw said to me.

Ohio assembly is slated for a new flex body shop and the FULL SIZE TRANSIT.in 2011.How ever nothing is written in stone anywhere do to the continues changes in the auto industry.But as of today the FULL SIZE TRANSIT is coming to OHAP!

Also the econoline will be ran side by side with the transit until it is phased out.As long as there are orders for the econoline those orders will be filled.This was told to me by another iuaw member whom i didn't catch his name.

There you have it straight from the horses mouth.

As for the transit connect,i have no idea.

Ohio assembly was visited today by members of the iuaw.They were walking through the plant answering questions asked by the membership.

I asked "Are we getting a new body shop and a new vehicle?".Don Schnur of the iuaw said to me.

Ohio assembly is slated for a new flex body shop and the FULL SIZE TRANSIT.in 2011.How ever nothing is written in stone anywhere do to the continues changes in the auto industry.But as of today the FULL SIZE TRANSIT is coming to OHAP!

Also the econoline will be ran side by side with the transit until it is phased out.As long as there are orders for the econoline those orders will be filled.This was told to me by another iuaw member whom i didn't catch his name.

There you have it straight from the horses mouth.

As for the transit connect,i have no idea.

Photo of transit-transit connect

http://cdn.ruk1.net/ig.ruk1.net/responsysi.../email/cars.jpg

Edited by Dale143

The Transit was not going to be imported 100%.This agreement did not put it in Avon Lake simply because it was decided a long time that A.L.was where it would be built.Ford make long term plans,we knew that the Transit was coming to A.L.years ago,just like we knew that we were going to get the Escape years before Ford officially announced it.There are hundreds of workers in A.L. who will verify this for you.The Transit was scheduled to import app.20000units.

Jerry wrote a letter about 7 or 8 years ago telling us about the Transit. If we were to go back in the union meeting notes, we will see where in March a year or two ago that Jerry once again told us about the Transit and it's timeline. What the brother above says is very correct. Jerry has ALWAYS kept this membership informed of the company's future plan for our facility. Would that others had that same ability.

Dale, Bob King, himself, told our bargaining structure that we were getting the Connect. In fact, Michael Donovan questioned him on this and asked why this decision had been made. I feel that it would give our facility a great deal more flexibility and be a great marketing tool for future product. As I have told several of you, the plan has always been to manufacture both the Transit (whichever model it is) and the Econoline similtaneously. Go back and review notes from previous meetings where Jerry has told us what would happen.

Edited by Spring

Don't know, heard it was gone as of Monday, quess well find out for sure next week...

All changes go into effect the Monday after the contract is ratified, so if all votes are done by Sunday which I remember reading somewhere they wanted the votes done by the 9th then what was posted here is probably right.

Jerry wrote a letter about 7 or 8 years ago telling us about the Transit. If we were to go back in the union meeting notes, we will see where in March a year or two ago that Jerry once again told us about the Transit and it's timeline. What the brother above says is very correct. Jerry has ALWAYS kept this membership informed of the company's future plan for our facility. Would that others had that same ability.

Dale, Bob King, himself, told our bargaining structure that we were getting the Connect. In fact, Michael Donovan questioned him on this and asked why this decision had been made. I feel that it would give our facility a great deal more flexibility and be a great marketing tool for future product. As I have told several of you, the plan has always been to manufacture both the Transit (whichever model it is) and the Econoline similtaneously. Go back and review notes from previous meetings where Jerry has told us what would happen.

Well I would think that just from the companies standpoint the connect would be a good prospect, they know full well that OHAP is capable of building a good mid-sized vehicle. The Villager, and then the Escape where both built by the same workforce. If I remember correctly I heard it boasted that OHAP's Escape quality numbers were better then KC's. But once again, it is all still based on market conditions, and in effect no guarantee.

All changes go into effect the Monday after the contract is ratified, so if all votes are done by Sunday which I remember reading somewhere they wanted the votes done by the 9th then what was posted here is probably right.

I was told today it was because our "Cost of living had decreased". I have never seen it go up , or down, almost a dollar at one time. Maybe I just never noticed before, but it does seem odd.

There you have it straight from the horses mouth

I can assure you that we are getting the Connect,however the Econoline will continue to be built for some years to come.Are you sure you meant the horses mouth?

I can assure you that we are getting the Connect,however the Econoline will continue to be built for some years to come.Are you sure you meant the horses mouth?

You can't guarantee anything either, the fact is that it is not in writing the same as in the 2007 agreement. And to this point they did not make any moves towards honoring their product commitments in the 2007 agreement. What do you mean you can assure us, who are you Mark Fields? :finger: If you are Mark why didn't you have the balls to specify what product will come to OHAP in the tentative agreement, and when. Also why didn't you have the balls to wright the language without the escape clause.

I suppose we should take you word dude, you don't have the ability to force Ford to follow through so don't offer assurances!

Edited by Furious1Auto

this is the info we got today at KCAP scroll down to product commitment ... I think everyone is getting the Transit

http://local249.org/breaking_news.htm

The Transit is much different than the Transit Connect, several lenghts and roof heights. Even a chasis cab, with DRW and crew cab and super cab configurations, body on frame. Hope it's true KCAP gets the Transit and not the Transit Connect. Google each one.

OK so KCAP is going to get the Transit (until further notification). Now which side of the house will it be built on? Will the Escape go away and become the KUGA at LAP? Maybe the Truck goes to KTP and the Escape stays at KCAP and becomes the KUGA or they rename the KUGA the all new Escape and it stays at KCAP. I guess only time will tell. Does anybody have any facts or predictions?

OK so KCAP is going to get the Transit (until further notification). Now which side of the house will it be built on? Will the Escape go away and become the KUGA at LAP? Maybe the Truck goes to KTP and the Escape stays at KCAP and becomes the KUGA or they rename the KUGA the all new Escape and it stays at KCAP. I guess only time will tell. Does anybody have any facts or predictions?

Nope, not me... Just the union letter stating Transit coming to KCAP for now, I think AV is getting Connect from what I hear.

I have a prediction....but my mommy always said if I "didn't have anything nice to say , than better not say anything at all" :hysterical: So my 100% guarenteed spot on accurate prediction is..........

I thought I read that the Transit Connect would be imported from Turkey? Maybe I read that wrong. I will have to look for the article when I have more time.

That's what the company rep at the autoshow told me two days ago. The Connect goes on sale in the U.S. in the Spring, and it is being shipped in from Turkey! If they do import it from Turkey, and Ford finds out there is no market for the Connect in their perception, then what is OHAP getting then? Obviously at that point the market conditions would change in Fords eyes now wouldn't they?