Fiesta Marketing

From LEFT LANE NEWS

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-releas...millenials.html

Ford to release 100 Fiestas to “Millenials”

Beginning today, the first of the 100 North American-specification Fiesta small cars will roll off the line at the automaker’s Cologne, Germany, factory - and they’ll be headed straight to the driveways of 100 specially-selected “Millenials.” Ford hopes that the 100 earliest Fiestas will go to tech-savvy young buyers who will spread the word online through social media outlets.

Mr. Farley, at work.

new-ford-fiesta-2.jpg

I had a good look at the new Fiesta at my local Aussie dealer.

Internally, the car is bigger than the outgoing version and almost the size of the first generation Focus.

I think the global Focus will increase a tad in size to almost a small mid sized car, perfect for Ford NA.

IMHO, it seems like Ford is tackling the Ricer Perception Problem. And they are tackling it with today's marketing tools. Some of those lucky people will have blogs. Just a little while back, the Ford Media/PR site was run by people with a =30= old-time mind-set; this is changing.

You're right, Ford needs to get into the heads of teenagers and 20 somethings

and give them the cars and extras they want.

Listen to the kids, give them what they want and they will buy in droves......

exactly. people who 13 -25 are going to be buying cars for a long time ahead. that where a lot of the marketing needs to be directed. wasting money on the 50+ crowd is pointless as they will never buy from ford after they were burned decades ago.

IMHO, it seems like Ford is tackling the Ricer Perception Problem. And they are tackling it with today's marketing tools. Some of those lucky people will have blogs. Just a little while back, the Ford Media/PR site was run by people with a =30= old-time mind-set; this is changing.

I'd wager almost all of them will have blogs. I'd expect Ford to have a lot of potential candidates to choose from.

I wonder what makes someone a candidate, and/or what it "takes" to become one?

I think they're looking for people who already have a lot of followers on YouTube, or people with a proven reputation of using social media to influence others.

Also, you have to be able to drive stick, because the Fiestas they are shipping over for this program are all manual transmission.

Also, you have to be able to drive stick, because the Fiestas they are shipping over for this program are all manual transmission.

Actually, sales of stick shift US Focus and Fusion have been much higher than Ford originally predicted, so maybe America is re-learning how to drive a stick !

The US Fiesta will get the PowerShift automatic transmission. Preliminary test show that this transmission achieves nearly the same fuel economy as the stick.

I think they're looking for people who already have a lot of followers on YouTube, or people with a proven reputation of using social media to influence others.

Gotcha....that would make sense.