2010 EcoBoost Flex When?

itguy09

Anyone know when we can order/see one?

Also, does it have pushbutton start like the new Taurus or are we stuck with a key?

I really love the Flex and am seriously thinking "new car" in the next 6-12 months.

Not sure as to when you'll be able to order one. I think it keeps the key unfortunately. I love my Flex, but more power would be nice (to make it a bit more fun to drive). Good luck with your decision!

The 98 winstar just bit the dust. Trying to get the wife to get the Flex. She said to boxie. But after a test drive she loved it. We drove a explorer after it was night and day difference. Flex was way smoother and quieter.

But I want to wait for Eco boost any idea when?

Any color changes?

I would love a slide door too

The 98 winstar just bit the dust. Trying to get the wife to get the Flex. She said to boxie. But after a test drive she loved it. We drove a explorer after it was night and day difference. Flex was way smoother and quieter.

But I want to wait for Eco boost any idea when?

Any color changes?

I would love a slide door too

The EcoBoost will probably be late 2010MY. As for the color changes, dunno. The slider door, won't happen any time soon. :stats:

The EcoBoost will probably be late 2010MY. As for the color changes, dunno. The slider door, won't happen any time soon. :stats:

I have a feeling you'll see a couple new colors...perhaps along the lines of what the Taurus/SHO will have.

STEEL BLUE! :happy feet:

I would've gotten that color, I really would've prefered a color between Light Ice and Dark Ink Blues for my Flex, but I chose Light Ice b/c Dark Ink is almost black they have blues at both ends of the blue spectrum, but need/ed one in the middle.....Steel Blue would've been perfect for me (it seems). From impressions on the Taurus website, it looks great.

Hello! I'm a newbie.

I can let you know when we start making the Turbo Flex.

I work for automodular co, we pre assemble for the Ford Edge/MKX/Flex/& MKT and ship it down the street to Ford.

As of right now we got 20 to 40 turbos 2 weeks from now for the MKT.

Edited by Ravager

Hello! I'm a newbie.

I work for automodular co, we pre assemble for the Ford Edge/MKX/Flex/& MKT and ship it down the street to Ford.

Welcome to BOF, and thanks for the info!

Hello! I'm a newbie.

I never knew such a company existed! Pretty cool what you do there and this link explains some of it. http://www.automodular.com/what_subassembly.php

So if I buy a Ford Flex and some dash pieces are not lined up right I can blame you then? :P

So if I buy a Ford Flex and some dash pieces are not lined up right I can blame you then?

LOL!! :hysterical:

:redcard:

Sorry I work on the engine! (Offload,Exhaust & Flexplate assembly)

I am a proud member of auto mod!

Our goal is to make our product job 1.

Our plant can get contacts for different manufactures. We are contracted with Ford Oakville. (Cost saving measure they started with the EDGE/MKX 2006)

There lots of Auto-mods around North America. :shades:

I got to say I feel at home on this board! I love it here!

• 2 weeks later...
News update!

We made 3 today!

So very soon it should normal production run!

I'm curious as to any visual changes to the Flex for the turbo.

From the few pictures that've been release, the front doesn't appear to change much (if at all). The model in the pictures featured the currently available 20" 10 spoke wheels, I'm not sure if those come with EcoBoost models, though. Moving to the rear, it'll get an EcoBoost badge where the AWD badge would normally go. It'll also get a new split (one each side) dual exhaust, but Ford didn't release very good pictures of this.

From the few pictures that've been release, the front doesn't appear to change much (if at all). The model in the pictures featured the currently available 20" 10 spoke wheels, I'm not sure if those come with EcoBoost models, though. Moving to the rear, it'll get an EcoBoost badge where the AWD badge would normally go. It'll also get a new split (one each side) dual exhaust, but Ford didn't release very good pictures of this.

We had a couple of Flexes go down the line with EcoBoost but I don't think they'll sell them right away. What would be the use of getting a Lincoln if you can get the same engine in a Flex? As for the dual exhaust, I believe that only the Lincoln will have a "true" dual exhaust with the EB. We will start the PP1 builds soon.

We had a couple of Flexes go down the line with EcoBoost but I don't think they'll sell them right away. What would be the use of getting a Lincoln if you can get the same engine in a Flex? As for the dual exhaust, I believe that only the Lincoln will have a "true" dual exhaust with the EB. We will start the PP1 builds soon.

Some prefer the Lincoln's design over Flex's, so that'd be one reason, even with the higher cost. Others couldn't be seen in something with "Ford" tacked on the front and rear, that's another.

As for the exhaust, the pictures I've seen have shown split dual exhaust on EB models.

Here ya go:

2010_ford_flex_with_ecoboost_v6_auto_shows_submodel_full.jpg

detroit-09-ford-flex-2.jpg

Here's other pictures too:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li...iew-photos.html

Let's see. Tell you what, the next time you see one of those "dual exhausts" take a mirror and look underneath the vehicle. Most probably you will notice that the dual exhaust is only dual from the rear suspension on, just like the Edge. I can tell you that the Lincoln will have a TRUE dual exhaust because there are two exhaust pipes that run from the engine all the way to the rear. The fact that you see two exhaust ports sticking out from under the rear fascia means little.